Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Should Take A Quick Glance At Melee (Video Included)

Ravtek

As of now, melee weapons in Warframe are an extremely fun way to dispatch enemies. You can roll any of the melee weapons and do really well, on regular enemies. Emphasis on REGULAR.

Some Tenno have claimed how amazing their Fang is, or their Zorens, or the new Ether daggers, and how they can shred through all the grineer, corpus, and infested that they can imagine.

Have any of them actually tried their weapon + mod setups on bosses with big HP pools?

As of now, and I'm sure other players, see that melee charge is the way to go if you want to do high damage.

That is true! BUT, if you want to be even more specific, weapons with high charge damage, despite having slower charge up times, beat weapons with faster charge times for the cost of less damage.

So now, if you want to do high damage as a melee on bosses, you're stuck with a much smaller pool of melee weapons to work with. (DHS, Furax, 2H home-run bats)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuuCFDU5pU (I don't know how to embed the video onto this forum)

I don't think anybody can kill that boss faster using only regular melee with ANY set-up.

There may be faster ways to kill this boss using only charge attacks, but my point stands.

Melee weapons need to be looked at more thoroughly.

What do you think of melee weapons? Post your opinion here!

Edited by Ravtek

Yeah it was Tyl Regor. I don't have to use fire mods to kill him though. I was just emphasizing how regular melee can't get anywhere near that damage output, and how some of the melee weapons just don't have anywhere near that damage in general.

I was cloaked either way, so he wasn't going to move anytime soon.

Thanks for the input though!

Guess it depends what you want to use your melee weapons for. If you want your melee weapon to quickly dispatch the chaff when you're in a pinch, you use a fast spammy melee weapon. If you want your melee weapon to kill high hit point enemies in one shot, you go for charge damage.

The main problem I see is that this rarely scales well at high levels. Towards the end game, higher charge damage is king.

Guess it depends what you want to use your melee weapons for. If you want your melee weapon to quickly dispatch the chaff when you're in a pinch, you use a fast spammy melee weapon. If you want your melee weapon to kill high hit point enemies in one shot, you go for charge damage. The main problem I see is that this rarely scales well at high levels. Towards the end game, higher charge damage is king.

I totally agree. That's why I really hope someone from DE can take a look at this. It doesn't have to be addressed immediately, but hopefully before they start throwing out new melee weapons.

• 5 months later...