Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Alerts Without Special Rewards Are Boring.

Noabettiet

I'm a strong advocate of infuriating platforming / maze / puzzle missions. Like Soul Reaver.

The environment is your enemy!

Rogue AI keeps trying to jettison you from airlocks!

Rogue AI has booby-trapped lockers!

Surgery turrets activate and commence dissection!

Ship's gravity simulator malfunctions and you have to use ninja acrobatics to make your way to extraction!

Water containers rupture and parts of the ship are submerged!

A lift to get to extraction turns out to be a very long journey during which you are repeatedly attacked!

chasing stalker alert, where he is always one stop ahead of us. we find out where he's hiding, we get there, and it's a trap, but make the reward worthwhile, and it would be a perfect alert. would fit in story-wise.

I'm a strong advocate of infuriating platforming / maze / puzzle missions. Like Soul Reaver. The environment is your enemy! Rogue AI keeps trying to jettison you from airlocks! Rogue AI has booby-trapped lockers! Surgery turrets activate and commence dissection! Ship's gravity simulator malfunctions and you have to use ninja acrobatics to make your way to extraction! Water containers rupture and parts of the ship are submerged! A lift to get to extraction turns out to be a very long journey during which you are repeatedly attacked!

Awesome, i am not the only fan of soul reaver here :) Man.. i do miss those too. You got some strong and NICE ideas. I would love to see too. I really miss those series, it is really saddling to know they never coming back. :(

I underlined awesome ideas that should really be implemented.

Attacking the Stalker home planets... or bases. Stealing their technology, and opening up whole new stalker enemy sets.

But I know they don't exist so I'll stop making stuff up... :)

These are actuality really awesome :D

Keep up.

All tenno would be wearing Indiana Jones hats for just that mission.

x'D freakin' lol

You make an nice point there and even though i always felt the same confusion, i never thought that way and it should indeed be noticed.

Guys, these are amazing points of views, so i am going to edit the opening thread to add them in.

Edited by akkerusia

Alright, from the title, you must have figured out what this all about: ALERT MISSIONS.

From my perspective  i see that alerts were made to also bring somewhat an element of "surprise"/ diversity to the game we all love and play , warframe.

The thing is that, alerts shine most or in other words, are most great when they give special rewards, other than credits.

But in my opinion, this shouldn't be it and it should CHANGE. (and you should skip to the bold area if you don't feel like reading this next * )

So here is somewhat of an observation on diversity in warframe and opinions about warframe:

After just playing for a while in warframe, you just come to conclude how repetitive it gets and how monotony takes over quick. This is not particularly something i think the game designers overlooked, but rather that they CONSTANTLY try to fix.

Be it, frozen stages or even the latest stalker add to the game, you can't say that missions are always the same. But the thing is, they still feel the same, even after we got open-world kind of maps, it still feels like i am in that dungeon like star-ship with all those aluminium soldiers and fancy water guns. And i think, AIZEOL was pretty good in explaining what we really need. 

Here : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29556-you-say-you-want-difficulty-but-you-really-want-depth

*here

Alright, but this not what i am here to talk about, i am here to talk about what should be done to make alerts less boring.

To start off, Alerts SHOULDN'T ever be like normal missions, in which, in once in a while reward us. I can do that by myself just FINE, by randomly selecting a mission and planet with my eyes closed.

What they should be is, if not obvious enough, different/ unique, something that evokes really an feel of an emergency., an true alert.

An different map that you can never see in an normal mission or maybe not, an "mission" with unpredictable outcome ,

with more than one objective in which requires thought (or not) in completing. 

It can even be an boss battle (mind that they should be unique bosses to not clash with the existent story line bosses in other missions, also it adds an element of surprise) or inverse raid in which we (the tenno) are being invaded. 

Or who knows, it can be an dynamic event or just plain item recover, in which requires us to pass a bunch of obstacles to recover some files from an ship in ruins (with no enemies just traps).

The past updates were great, but we really need monotony to end and just switching weapons/warframes just doesn't do it.

So i hope for this to taken into account and we finally get experience a better warframe!

I agree with 1 part, that they should be differen't or MUCH more difficult.

I think the difficulty level should scale with the reward.  Only the hardest missions give the best rewards as far as Credits and "?"