The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why De Nerfing Underpowered, Underused Frames...

CephalonShy

From what we know so far it appears they accidentally shipped unfinished features, not a stealth nerf.

Just like any other game (or software application really), there are "Test" builds and "Live" builds.

When an update is done, something from "Test" is integrated with "Live".

We aren't talking about a bit of errant code... While it may not have hit "Live" this week on purpose, it's not a stretch to say that it was, at some point, intended to.

With a nerf that significant (especially one not accompanied by any buffs), why wasn't something conveyed to the playerbase beforehand?

They've reported changes in both ways in the course of the last year and the transparent method is more palatable, imo. The undisclosed route is disrespectful.

Had the change not snuck into the build to go "Live" we'd still be none the wiser.

That's what disturbs me... Not the nerf itself.

A simple:

"We know Radial Blind is good, unfortunately, it's too good."[insert supporting arguments for why that claim has been made]. We are presently looking at ways to tone it's function down without removing it's value and utility. If you have suggestions, put them here."

A post with that in it shows an intent to make the process as fair and considerate as it can be while being transparent and iterative.

I don't see what's being done in regard to this nerf as falling into any of those categories.

I hope that clears up why I called it "foul"

I have a serious issue with this statement and a very easy counter argument. I have a initiate floating over my head (or did last I checked)(EDIT: and yep it changed at some point) but I also have a founder symbol floating by it as well, so does this mean I don't know anything about the game or does it mean I just don't care about my mastery rank, probably I don't care about my mastery rank or until recently even came to the forums.

I would like to know why they nerf the most underused frames ( or at least, least seen) tho because from  player perspective it makes absolutely no sense.

it doesnt appear that the forum rank correlates to in-game mastery rank.  mine is in the initiate bracket for forums but im rank 16 in game. therefore it would say eagle, but does not.  

so dont let people discount your opinions.  no matter if you have forum or in-game rank, if you play the crap out of a class or weapon then you have valuable input on it.  that goes for any player.

its the players who might be higher rank, yet one of the items they never leveled was the item they are purporting to be all-knowing about.  thats not good input usually.  without practical knowledge they are just theory crafting.

There are more lobbyists for popular frames. Nerf them and you get megathread-level backlash immediately. If you do anything but slightly buff loki, DE will have a problem to say the least. In addition to polling in the lukewarm topics, DE should just ask for feedback on a particular frame before balancing. Like with oberon but I'm not sure if that can really be called a success.

That said, neither rhino or loki are overpowered.

Edited by Seanjuju