The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx

Macdermott

I've been playing Nyx, and it's fun. Nice speed, interesting ability concept.  However, IMO, some tweaking could make her more fun and more helpful to the team.  We mostly all agree that there's some shortfalls here and there.

Mind Control:

This needs to be able to affect more than 1 unit.  Perhaps to avoid abuse, it can only affect 1 "high level enemy", like a grineer heavy gunner or shockwave moa, but you can handle say 3 regular crewman or grineer mooks.  Perhaps have this tied to the rank of the ability.

Alternatively, if we can't have more than 1, why can't I switch who's controlled? If it's no longer tactically beneficial for me to be mind controlling the shield drone, why can't I mind control the moa next to me instead? The game should just drop the mind control on the one, and apply it to the other.  It fits thematically; I don't see abuse potential, given a small cooldown (couple seconds like the duration of the "stun", to prevent mind controlling everyone in sequence one at a time).

Psychic Bolts:

This ability is frustrating. It is useless to me. A single shot from my weapon does significantly more damage, and zoom-aiming is faster than waiting for the squiggly bolts to make their way across the map.

I suggest making the ability go through objects/walls, home in on a target which will have a hitbox three times normal size, and do more damage to justify the energy cost.  Maybe a short stun effect, like 1 or 2 seconds, to interrupt their current action, if the extra damage is too OP.

Chaos:  

Pretty neat ability.  Saved my bacon for sure a few times.  I have nothing to suggest for it.  Maybe even a slight nerf in trade for these requested buffs, since so many people just 3-spam the whole mission as it is.

Absorb:

I never used it before the nerf.  The only gripe I have with it currently - is allowing friendly fire to add to the damage and in so doing, suck your energy.  That must change.  Please have friendly fire not affect Absorb...Otherwise, it's cool, and I feel it's a perfect thematic fit.  

I know this has been talked about, but the first three or four pages of threads don't mention it, so here it is.

I've been spoiled by Nyx and I find that I can't play anything else as effectively, except maybe Banshee.  I love being all about CC.

Anyway, I think she's fine except for Psychic Bolts.  They need to be something other than a waste of energy/slot.

I agree that most of the other abilities seem fine as is - but minor tweaking in the name of "Balance" can't hurt right? 

Can you, in your experience, see a downside to my Mind Control or Absorb changes?  It just seems like an oversight almost...to not switch mind control targets, or to take friendly fire when in Absorb bubble...

I agree that most of the other abilities seem fine as is - but minor tweaking in the name of "Balance" can't hurt right? 

Can you, in your experience, see a downside to my Mind Control or Absorb changes?  It just seems like an oversight almost...to not switch mind control targets, or to take friendly fire when in Absorb bubble...

DE just misunderstands what players want.  They think that people WANT to take friendly fire in Absorb.

Want or not, it doesn't work well...

It works well for what they believe players want.  The entire problem is that they won't listen to players on this.  They believe that players WANT friendly fire because they believe players want to increase the damage of Absorb popping as fast as possible.

They can't, or rather won't, listen to people stating that is NOT what Nyx players want.  Nyx players want Absorb to primarily be a defensive option.

The damage reflection is was nice on high levels because it is was a good source of the scaling damage.  Now, that is ruined.  That leaves low and mid level content.  During those levels people use absorb to protect things, such as defense points or team revives. Friendly fire, w/the new energy drain mechanics, is a direct IMPEDIMENT to that function.

Your mind control suggestion is fantastic. It would drastically increase the usability of it.

I don't know why no one has suggested this for Psychic Bolts: forced Radiation proc. it would be awesome! Maybe have the number of bolts lowered by one or two for compensation.

Seriously, I own every warframe (except Hydroid, for the time being), and I use every ability on every frame except for two: Nekros' soul punch, and Nyx's Psychic bolts. And the bolts are by far the worse of the two. And that makes me sad :(

Chaos is fine, obviously.

Absorb is... Fine, I suppose. I like where it is, but it could be problematic, especially when your ally has a marelok.

Mind control just needs to make your target immune to friendly fire for the duration, only make it register the damage taken by teammates at the end. Also switching freely would make more sense. Nothing to add for me, one target is enough.^^

My gripe with what the devs have done to Absorb is that now endless scaling (and teammates...) give it the middle finger. Trollmates everywhere. Scaling needs to be looked at, it's the reason why nothing can truly be balanced in Warframe IMHO.

Psychic Bolts... Honestly anything would be better than what we have now... Revamp or remove it entirely for something else, please.^^'

Chaos scales, that's why some people whose favourite frames don't scale scream murder and throw "OP" everywhere. Again, scaling bad, makes others envious, breaks harmony and balance.

Mind control just needs to make your target immune to friendly fire for the duration, only make it register the damage taken by teammates at the end. Also switching freely would make more sense. Nothing to add for me, one target is enough.^^

Well, that removes the strategy of mind controlling the heavy so he stops shooting you, and then killing him at your leisure without repercussions...

Well, that removes the strategy of mind controlling the heavy so he stops shooting you, and then killing him at your leisure without repercussions...

PSI-Ops did it better.  You could mind control and enemies, take them over to do whatever, then when the duration ran out, they shot themselves in the head.

WF could borrow that idea.  Have them fight for you, with no friendly fire, then have them kill themselves when the duration ends.