Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team/co-Op Stance Mods.

KyleDelta

I thought this idea would give a more Team-oriented feel to stance mods and missions all together ( I hope ).

How it would work:

Each stance would preform a flurry or complex 2 player melee move that would deal out massive damage if preformed correctly.

Execution:

The player with the stance equipped ( Player 1 ) would enter a short idle phase after hitting/holding a certain button, In this case lets say they hold down to enter the joining phase ( It would work similar to the Team fortress 2 High five taunt )

Then another player ( Player 2 ) would be able to interact with Player 1 by hitting X like if you where to revive someone, After Player 2 Hits X Both players preform a cinematic melee attack, I originally thought about having both players preform a combo at the same time like regular stance mods but I don't think that many players would be able to do this unless they knew what they where doing or have very good teamwork, I will explain it more in the "Possible Problems".

Possible Problems:

Here are some problems that might be encountered if this idea where to come to Warframe.

Lag: If the connection was bad or you where on a laggy server it might not be the best idea to use the team stance mods, I can't say for sure what might happen but I could guess someone would get stuck in place trying to preform the stance during heavy lag or if one of the users lagged out and disconnected.

Timing attacks/Combos: I originally thought for players to do a combo at the same time during the stance attack phase, Example: Both players would hit EEE(Pause)EEEE(Down)EE In unison. But I imagine this would be Extremely hard to do unless both players knew what they where doing in the first place or where both playing within talking distance of each-other for the best performance, Lag would also make this an issue since the game sometimes doesn't track your combo. 

So the solution would be to have each stance do 1: A time limit or 2: an automatic move that happens after initiating.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Some of my stance Ideas:

Each stance varies in time depending on how long/short they are, Some may be simple quick attack moves while others are longer and more defensive.

Crashing wave. ( Silva & Aegis )

When executed Player 1 ( Silva&Aegis ) Will charge forward in a strait line with the Shield knocking down or staggering any enemies in their path While Player 2 ( Any melee ) Will be right behind Player 1 Swinging at enemies in a cinematic like style bring swift death to any staggered or nearby enemies. ( Would work great with Infested in a hallway of some sort ) 

Flying steel. ( Swords )

When Executed both players will get back to back and swing their swords in a circular motion to swiftly cut down any who appose them. ( good for being surrounded ).

Twirling Boulders. ( Hammers )

This would probably look a bit silly... When executed Player 1 Will spin Player 2 by the legs while Player 2 swings their melee weapon hitting any surrounding enemies, Player 1 Must keep hitting E during this to keep spinning, Letting go will cancel the move, Player 1 Can also slightly move around the area during the stance time ( About 10 seconds, Very similar to the Cleaving whirlwind spin move ). after the time runs out Player 1 will toss Player 2 into the air and Player 2 will preform a back-flip before ground slamming the floor with their melee weapon, knocking down any enemies nearby.

( Possible but Cut Ideas )

Piggyback ride.

( I cut this one because It may be a bit too funny or impractical to be seen on the battlefield but who knows? ) When executed Player 2 will Jump onto Player 1's back and Player 1 will be able to carry them around where ever for about 20 seconds while Player 2 can swing their melee weapon at incoming enemies dealing extra combo damage each kill, Player 1 can kick instead of melee, BUT if Player 1 is knocked down during the time active the stance will be canceled and both players will tumble to the ground.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

And that's my idea, What do you guys think? And what cool team-oriented stance actions do you think would be cool?

Seems like it would be useless if players don't have the same type of weapon.

True but that's only a few of them, the ones I put down are just idea's, I would expect more with all usable melee weapons like the silva and aegis one not just restricted to a certain class, the specific melee class stances would be mostly for planned squad missions to deal more damage..

I don't feel this idea fits with Warframe's current gameplay style very well. Maps are pretty large, and there's rarely a case where two players are standing side by side, even when they have a common target, like a boss or a cryopod to defend. Trying to organize or communicate that you want to activate a two-person combo would be difficult without voice communication and a level of teamwork that doesn't regularly occur in this game.

What's more, many stances are already slow, or don't provide much forward momentum. Being limited by trying to stick with your partner would further decrease your overall movement efficiency.

Also, melee builds are already limited by large rooms, against factions that use guns. Being locked into a two-person combo would likely just get you both shot.

While I do like the visual aesthetic of the silva/aegis combo, the mechanics of two-person combos as a whole are just too limited.

I don't feel this idea fits with Warframe's current gameplay style very well. Maps are pretty large, and there's rarely a case where two players are standing side by side, even when they have a common target, like a boss or a cryopod to defend. Trying to organize or communicate that you want to activate a two-person combo would be difficult without voice communication and a level of teamwork that doesn't regularly occur in this game.

What's more, many stances are already slow, or don't provide much forward momentum. Being limited by trying to stick with your partner would further decrease your overall movement efficiency.

Also, melee builds are already limited by large rooms, against factions that use guns. Being locked into a two-person combo would likely just get you both shot.

While I do like the visual aesthetic of the silva/aegis combo, the mechanics of two-person combos as a whole are just too limited.

Good points, It would be a very situational to use it in today's gameplay, I guess for a Co-op game I don't see much team work besides maybe defending a target, opening a locked door, or just shooting at the same boss, While that is pretty much the basics of teamwork in warframe most of the players in warframe tend to spread out and go their separate ways occasionally coming back to revive a player if they are downed, I just hope they will add a system in the future to add more player interactivity and make warframe feel more co-op.