Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gorgon

PopTartZombie

It looks, feels and performs like poop. Play around with it and alter it a bit? At least make the performance make up for the look and feel of it.

You obviously haven't played around with it much. I have mine at level 28 and it tears through lvl 40+ enemies as long as I have the right mods equipped. It's a beast.

I can understand what you're saying OP, it isn't the most pleasant feeling weapon to use. However it can be quite effective. I would recommend Firerate mods as this will allow quicker spin-up on the weapon. Also if you tap-fire the Gorgon, allowing enough time in between shots, it has 100% accuracy and can therefore be effectively used as a semi-automatic rifle as well as LMG. Firerate will also enable you to tap-fire more quickly. Other than that stick some damage, elemental and max ammo mods onto it and you'll be wading through mobs in no time.

• 3 months later...

Rifle Amp + Rhino Roar + packed to full 60 gorgon = death laser. It's absurdly powerful. If you honestly think it performs like crap then you need to play more than 5 minutes with it.

Edit: Instead of switching to the next page I accidentally switched to the last page, sorry for the necro.

Edited by Rhorge

Gorgon is an excellent weapon, as others have said it just takes special attention when modding.

>.> However, I'm fond of how it feels. While it's spooling up I feel unstoppable. I haven't gotten much use out of it in T3 defense though, the armor scaling is just to huge a hurdle for anything without armor ignore.

Sciknight other ppl are killing the mobs for you. Hellgrind quoted you'll be wading through mobs in no time, you'll be spit wading on mobs in no time "fixed". Phanboy you only play callisto if you think 2 mods make guns beast. Rhogre if you have rifle amp and rhino roar with max 60 any gun would kill trash mobs. Lets talk about void here instead of mobs that instant die from nova 4

Don't get me wrong, its a beast when polarized and modded correctly to compensate for its downsides, but I feel like I'm in slow motion in comparison to my fellow Tenno. Maneuverability with it is obviously slow, not to mention the reload speed even with mods sets you back, then 50% of all of your ammo consumption is spooling up, which crushes your dps to roughly 200-300, fire rate isnt a fix for this, it only wasted ammo. On the other hand the dread or despair can pump out around 1000-16k(wikia comments confirm this accusation) and 400-1200 dps. Bottom line is, the gorgon is sluggish and cannot keep up with most all of the other primaries, and it has not been thoroughly looked at since release. I have max ranked it, and then re-ranked it to 26 so far with a forma. I've had it since update 6.4 so I'm very confident that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to how it feels, performs and compares. I don't think I would post such a subject if I hadn't experimented with the weapon to the fullest and beyond.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Gorgon

Edited by PopTartZombie

Sciknight other ppl are killing the mobs for you. Hellgrind quoted you'll be wading through mobs in no time, you'll be spit wading on mobs in no time "fixed". Phanboy you only play callisto if you think 2 mods make guns beast. Rhogre if you have rifle amp and rhino roar with max 60 any gun would kill trash mobs. Lets talk about void here instead of mobs that instant die from nova 4

Whoa watch out, the forum messiah has arrived to tell everyone off. I'm not talking about killing trash mobs dude.