Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just got my most frustrating experience...

AmmokK

So, went Hades, hoping for a nice drop and hell, there even was one.

But guess what, just microseconds after the host got his item, he left. Leaving everyone else in host migration and then (of course) disconnecting.

I mean, seriously?!

There really should be some autopickup. There isn´t any reason to NOT want something, after all. So might as well give it to us without the need to walk there.

Disconnecting at times should be considered griefing. It wrecks loot and is occasionally extremely unstable. Not wanting to finish a mission is annoying and certainly shouldn't be rewarded.

Maybe something could be fiddled in to reduce what someone gets if they manually abort a mission. It would just be worthwhile to maintain a predictable and comfortable gameplay experience for all players that don't drop from a mission.

I guess this is what happens if you reward people in the middle of the mission instead, like everywhere else, at the end of the mission like eg. in MMOs. When the boss is done, it´s over in other games. Here you have to get back about the same peroid of time again for actually nothing at all.

Actually, leaving here is even rewarding, since you can start another run faster than those "stupid people" running all the way back to get extracted. And, let´s be honest, almost noone cares about a "failed mission rate" in his/her menu.

Its true. I ran tethys and got an ember helmet and my game crashed. A few days later when i could solo him, I would run through, kill him , dc and do it again. I must have killed him 15 or 20 times in an hour for that damned helmet. I was soloing the entire time though. There needs to be something to discourage exactly that. Normally I would never do something like that, but cmon. I got the helmet first run and crashed... I was &!$$ed.

And of course that time I was farming for a plasma sword, the orb flies right off the edge, someone picked it up as it was falling but the rest of us? nothing. The next day the boss no longer drops weapon prints. sweet...

Edited by Axianamus

This would be why I only play with my clan.

Our clan has 20+ people and other than the game crashing we don't experience stuff like that.

I will add my most frustrating experience was running Fossa like 8 times in a row begging for a Rhino BP but never got one. On the 8th run got to the end and then poof, game crashed. Got frustrated and was like "OK I'm done for the night. This game hates me"

And thats why i keep coming back, despite the bugginess etc, its a challenge to me. Its not necessarily me vs AI its me versus the functionality fo the Evolution game engine (which btw for this being its 2nd game that we know of using it is doing pretty damn good).

Such issues indeed should be addressed, not everyone will have a clan or friends to play with. Why does the game migrate automatically when the host leaves anyway? It should be either migration upon voting, or someone else becomes the host. Autopickup could also be a solution, but I still don't like the idea of "automigrating".

Never had a single migration work anyway. Everytime i had the host leaving, i ended up with mission failed.

The system would be okay IF it worked but it simply doesn´t.

And there is still the fact people will leave anyway.

host migration works for me all the time..

usually when my friend crashes or dcs, it migrate to another person (we have 3 people, all friends)

not sure if this works because we all friended each other (also I created a clan for us to stay within)

host migration works for me all the time..

usually when my friend crashes or dcs, it migrate to another person (we have 3 people, all friends)

not sure if this works because we all friended each other (also I created a clan for us to stay within)

Strange. From the about 20-25 times it has happened to my so far, it didn´t work a single time.

I'd be all in favour of having some form of multiplayer punishment for people with an excessively high number of disconnects. Personally I'd suggest implementing two seperate catches to counter this sort of play.

1) After x disconnections/aborts during a day, say 10 or so, you are unable to play in public multiplayer mode for the rest of the day.

2) If your ratio of disconnected/quit missions is above 10% then prevent people from playing in public multiplayer until the ratio is below that.

Private multiplayer with contacts would still be available, no reason to restrict that.

Some might argue that it's needlessly harsh on people that just have poor internet connections as well, but people with bad connections just ruin the experience for everyone else anyway.

1) After x disconnections/aborts during a day, say 10 or so, you are unable to play in public multiplayer mode for the rest of the day.

2) If your ratio of disconnected/quit missions is above 10% then prevent people from playing in public multiplayer until the ratio is below that.

These are low rates for now. I have 250 matches and 20 quit, which is almost 10% and i didn´t leave a single time without some bug or mistake. And i know there are people with more problems than i have.

But this is beta. Don't base gameplay design on beta issues. All systems should be designed with the final product in mind, rather than the experience of beta testers. We're technically here to test this stuff actually works anyway!