Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Viper

Zetsu

twin vipers are fun on low level mobs ... as they are not that efficient on the ammo/dmg/acuracy 

you can craft 1 viper and rank it while you craft another one 

credit for credit and efficiency twin vipers dont stand a chance versus akbolto's

but they are fun non the less

i would not spend plat on them thou..

Edited by ZuryVarkoff

If anyone here thinks that the Dual Staple Guns are only dinky low level pew pew pistols, he is is 100% wrong. DSGs are the most brutally destructive sidearm in the game currently, by far and without match.

dsgmods.png

I solo-ran Pluto with those kittens since they reached rank 14, because no level before would still give good XP / kill ratio. They melt everything in Pluto. Crewmen die with two headshots, MOAs cease to exists after barking at them for a half second. These things kill a level 30 boss in 3ish clips. Braaat, braaat, braaat, drop.

credit for credit and efficiency twin vipers dont stand a chance versus akbolto's

This statement is absolutely wrong.

Viper/Twin Viper suck so you should only spend what you can to craft them or don't craft them at all. Other Pistols are way better than Viper and cheaper.

The only thing true here is that other pistols are cheaper. The rest is incorrect.

Edited by Ced23Ric

If anyone here thinks that the Dual Staple Guns are only dinky low level pew pew pistols, he is is 100% wrong. DSGs are the most brutally destructive sidearm in the game currently, by far and without match.

dsgmods.png

I solo-ran Pluto with those kittens since they reached rank 14, because no level before would still give good XP / kill ratio. They melt everything in Pluto. Crewmen die with two headshots, MOAs cease to exists after barking at them for a half second. These things kill a level 30 boss in 3ish clips. Braaat, braaat, braaat, drop.

The only thing true here is that other pistols are cheaper. The rest is incorrect.

I'm weighing out my twin vipers and akboltos currently, Since my akbolto can pulverize lv 50 ancients, I'm having my doubts for twin vipers.

How much more clip capacity does slip magazine give to twin vipers when it's maxed out?

dsgmods.png

Weapons are good after having their mods doubled. News at 11.

I'm weighing out my twin vipers and akboltos currently, Since my akbolto can pulverize lv 50 ancients, I'm having my doubts for twin vipers.

How much more clip capacity does slip magazine give to twin vipers when it's maxed out?

My DSGs run with ~36 shots, if I recall correctly, with ~370 spare. I run Pistol Scav to feed them and for prolonged missions, bring 2 pistol ammo boxes. The damage output of those puppies is through the roof. Against any enemy, I usually just fire a wall of lead across their ranks, with Elites, such as Grineer Heavies, a clip to the face usually removes them. Ancients take a bit more effort - the AKboltos have their nat. armour ignore working for them there. Nevertheless and overall, DSGs wreck way, way more face. They just chew through everything - including your ammo. But that is the price for insane DPS.

Another advantage: DSGs have no projectiles, so they do not suffer like the Akboltos when you are not hosting the game, and they are less suspectible to latency.

Weapons are good after having their mods doubled. News at 11.

Obviously, I am comparing rank 30 potato'd to rank 30 potato'd. I see where you tried to be clever there, but it doesn't really work that way. Keep trying, though!

Edited by Ced23Ric

dsgmods.png

Wrong.

You may like the guns and your opinion is that they are good but please don't bullS#&$ me with "most brutally destructive sidearm in the game currently, by far and without match". If you like em.. good.. i don't. For me Akbolto is King and i bet Akbolto's are way more damaging than your little staplers...atleast mine are.

Edited by Namacyst

but please don't bullS#&$ me with "most brutally destructive sidearm in the game currently, by far and without match". If you like em.. good.. i don't. For me Akbolto is King and i bet Akbolto's are way more damaging than your little staplers...atleast mine are.

I am neither bullshitting you, nor basing my assessment on something as fickle as subjective preference of style. DSGs kill more and harder than Akboltos without the drawback of host-dependancy, latency-suffering, impact delay and slow rate of fire. Paired up against each other, you would hardly get kills, because the DSGs would already have melted what your bolts were aimed at.

Really don't see the need to make this a pissing contest about preferences. If you can kill with your Akimbo Boltos and have fun, please, by all means, enjoy that! The DSGs still have a higher DPS and more damage without the drawbacks the Akimbo Boltos have. Nothing really to bet on, you'd lose.

Have you had afuris before?

Also why have crit mods on them? Is their base crit high?

I have every gun and pistol at rank 30. Yeah, got those, too. The Afuris can compete in RoF (with mods) and beats the DSGs in clip size, but the damage is lower. DSGs don't need Gunslinger, their RoF is already insane. Since Gunslinger reduces prolonged engagement readiness to ramp up DPS, I switched to crit chance/damage, so the DPS rises without reducing my ammo pool faster. It's a decision to make the individual shot more effective rather than the overall DPS by amping up the RoF.

Edited by Ced23Ric

I am neither bullS#&$ting you, nor basing my assessment on something as fickle as subjective preference of style. DSGs kill more and harder than Akboltos without the drawback of host-dependancy, latency-suffering, impact delay and slow rate of fire. Paired up against each other, you would hardly get kills, because the DSGs would already have melted what your bolts were aimed at.

Really don't see the need to make this a pissing contest about preferences. If you can kill with your Akimbo Boltos and have fun, please, by all means, enjoy that! The DSGs still have a higher DPS and more damage without the drawbacks the Akimbo Boltos have. Nothing really to bet on, you'd lose.

I think you just mix DPS and BURST. Stapler maybe higher BURST.. Akbolto higher DPS.. and in the end with the same shots fired more damage done...but keep on praising your staplers, the mighty Nerf-Gods like that ;)

My DSGs run with ~36 shots, if I recall correctly, with ~370 spare. I run Pistol Scav to feed them and for prolonged missions, bring 2 pistol ammo boxes. The damage output of those puppies is through the roof. Against any enemy, I usually just fire a wall of lead across their ranks, with Elites, such as Grineer Heavies, a clip to the face usually removes them. Ancients take a bit more effort - the AKboltos have their nat. armour ignore working for them there. Nevertheless and overall, DSGs wreck way, way more face. They just chew through everything - including your ammo. But that is the price for insane DPS.

Another advantage: DSGs have no projectiles, so they do not suffer like the Akboltos when you are not hosting the game, and they are less suspectible to latency.

Thanks! 36 shots uh, not much of a big difference, I might just pop in a fire damage mod or fire rate mod instead of it.

I see what you did there with the crit chance and crit damage mods. I'd definitely use the twin vipers if the system of proportional ammo to guns would be implemented.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now, until I chance upon a catalyst blueprint from login rewards or alerts.

I think you just mix DPS and BURST. Stapler maybe higher BURST.. Akbolto higher DPS.. and in the end with the same shots fired more damage done...but keep on praising your staplers, the mighty Nerf-Gods like that ;)

Mkay, let's talk about terms here. You're confused again.

Burst damage, or frontloaded damage is one time occuring damage that is then followed by or part of a more steady, weaker stream, such as a big opener followed by weaker but consistent follow-up shots. Hitting something with a charge and then using regular attacks in melee would be such a scenario.

DPS is damage per second, and nDPS is normalized DPS taking reload into account. DPS/nDPS do not care about burst or non-burst behaviour, because DPS is the damage dealt in a second (DSG > Boltos) and nDPS is, for example, damage per minute/60, which takes reload into account - again, DSGs > Boltos.

Yeah, Akboltos may do more damage per individual shot than DSGs. Regardless, since you have no crit chance/crit damage, your peak is also a lot flatter than with DSGs. Furthermore, your TTK (time to kill) is a lot higher than with DSGs. I'll recored some gameplay today. Akboltos aren't "Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead and dead, reload.", they take more time, time means taking damage, taking damage means taking cover, taking cover means killing less, killing less means more fire on you, means taking more damage, etc.

DSGs are uncompromising. Things die. Dead things drop stuff and don't hurt you. DSGs are the simple answer to "What allows me to survive?" - the absence of things killing you. You can keep running, without a stop, using DSGs. Things you point at vanish. Akboltos cannot keep up with that. And even if they could, they are still plagued by the latency/non-host issues and have impact delay.

I am not trying to convince you, you can play with whatever you want, no butter off my bread. I'll just correct your incorrect advice to someone asking about these specific pistols.

PS: Steve already said that I am the reason for every nerf. I can live with that. I am not the player Warframe deserves, but the player it needs. :P

Edited by Ced23Ric

I always try and steer clear of projectile weapons in game systems like this one. Always having to host to get optimal performance from a weapon is not my idea of good game mechanics. Hitscan weapons rule in any system where you have to rely on someone elses connection. You cannot beat bullets with no travel time.

I went dual Viper and now...  I miss my single viper...  I'm probably going to craft it again.  The duals are awesomly powerful and yes I can kill several enemies on one clip, but the accuracy is almost like a shotgun now.

With the single viper and maxed critical chance and damage mods I could hit long range targets like a rifle.  I don't regret it, but the dual loses accuracy as with all dual pistols.

Well not all dual pistols. I feel like the Aklatos are almost as accurate as the single Lato. Then again I only shoot in 2-5 shot intervals with them at long ranges.

Probably true!  The vipers (as with any auto weapon) have recoil, so each successive shot becomes less acurate.  I simply use my dual vipers in bursts now.  They're good, but I had more accuracy with a single viper and It was almost like having a 2nd Braton with me with clip and max ammo mods.

Edited by sushidubya