The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Melee Weapons.

.-Tenno-.

Alright.  So.  Ill just get straight to the point.  Heres what Im thinkin.

Melee.

1.  Nunchucks/Nunchaku/2 sticks on a string.  We all know what they are.

2.  Scyth/Reaper Stick/Large curved blade on a long stick. Who wouldnt be afraid of one of those coming for your neck?

3.  Sawblade/Stolen Grineer weapon/We stole thier Guns...why not steal thier melee too?

Items not previously mentioned:

Kusari-gama/Chain and sickle/weight on chain attached to sickle.

Dual swords that are both the same size, eg. Dragon sword and blade of the archfiend

Ability to set melee as primary weapon

-----Credit to dragonboss

Sword Whip.

-----Credit to Endrance

Dual kali sticks or powerfists like the grineer/corpus carry around

-----Credit to KurokoOkami

Whip.

----Credit to FooJoo

Edited by Aege

Also,

1. Kusari-gama/Chain and sickle/weight on chain attached to sickle.

2. Kunai/Shuriken/Throwing weapon.

3. Dual swords that are both the same size, eg. Dragon sword and blade of the archfiend

4. Ability to set melee as primary weapon

Edited by dragonboss

Also,

1. Kusari-gama/Chain and sickle/weight on chain attached to sickle.

2. Kunai/Shuriken/Throwing weapon.

3. Dual swords that are both the same size, eg. Dragon sword and blade of the archfiend

4. Ability to set melee as primary weapon

Thier already working on #2 but the rest are solid ideas.

I was thinking perhaps of a heavy weapon that is made for Tanking (Higher percentage blocked when using block) and perhaps some melee oriented mods to go with it, like an omni shield, or a counter attack (There are some defensive polarity mods for weapons already), with just enough attack (Like 35 or something) fast enough (Perhaps just a bit faster than the Gram, .1-.2 increase in speed) and plenty of crit (a bit less than the Dual Zorens) in order to hold threat (If threat is a thing here).  The reach would be slightly less than or equal to Gram, and It would have one defense polarity.

Considering that blocking takes stamina, someone wouldn't be able to just hold block and never die, and i'm not sure how omnisheild and counter attack would stack. (Although, I would assume something like counter attack would take you out of block.)

I think a tanking weapon in general would increase the incentive to be more melee oriented.  What do you guys think? (Perhaps I will dray up a model of what i'm looking for or something if I have the time.)

I would love to see just a plain old Whip. The reach on that thing would be awesome, and charge attacks could wrap the cord around the enemies neck/body for damage over time via mods or, when doing a finishing move, launch them into a wall. Slide attacks could wrap the cord around enemy legs, and when the slide finishes the mobs legs would be pulled from underneath them. Make it happen! :P