Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Taking Alerts To 11

rhoenix

As it is currently, Alerts sound for areas you've already cleared only, giving you the chance to get some extra credits or possibly an item of some sort.  While this is fun, this mechanic could be expanded on to add much more to the experience.

As you're going through a given area of space, the player can get an alert semi-randomly, giving intelligence data on the local boss of the region.  When you go into this alert, you'll fight slightly higher level mobs than normal for that region, and eventually run into one of that boss' main minions, counting as a mini-boss of sorts.  Once this mini-boss is taken down and you extract successfully, you'll be notified that the area boss' influence has been disrupted.  Each mini-boss would give a chance for better drops, blueprints for a random item or warframe (such as those normally just dropped by the boss of that region), and one of the area's intelligence caches.

Each boss will have at least one mini-boss (Vor, on Mercury would likely only get one).  Once all the intelligence caches have been collected and all the other areas have been cleared, then the players can then assault the area with the boss as the last area attempted for that region.

This would then complete a region for Tenno control, allowing for random alerts in the region as normal.  These alerts will mostly be attempts by various factions as an attempt to grab a resource or territory in that region, and repulsion of those forces (sometimes even defense missions would be included for this) would grant 1.5x the credits you'd normally earn for completing a mission in that region, plus a random item each time.  For this reason, alerts in a region would be a bit more rare, though would be seen by all players.

As long as it scales to group size 1 through 4, so it's possible for everyone to do, it sounds interesting. I kind of wish they'd take the idea from the gametype assault from ut2004, and let us also use those small shuttles in parts of it, but I doubt they'd ever do that. Still if Strike Suit Zero can do it on such a small scale, something extra like that would be interesting. moving from ship to ship and trying to destroy a reactor. 

All these ideas would be great, just everyone has to be able to play it. I mean I'm social offline but online I dislike being severed from content because I like to solo. I'd love alot of mini bosses people could fight all alone if they want. I'd love support NPCs too.