Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Environment.

.-Tenno-.

So.  I understand that the Tenno's specialize in space and what-not.  But that doesn't mean they aren't PLANET capable. If you like ANY of the ideas listed +1 this thread (or however this works...new to the whole...forum thing) and make it more popular. You know...so the Dev's actually pay attention to it. 

Heres what Im thinkin:

Enviorment:  

Forest based area with Grineer.  Since they DO love to mine the mission could be to stop thier preparations.

Underwater based area with Corpus. I know this one is a bit of a stretch but its good food for thought.

Ancient City based area with Infected.  Considering the buzz on the street is that infected are whats left of the orikens..i think one of thier citys that was over run would be a nice change of pace no?

Hazards:

Oil/Chemical/Radioactive spills causing constant damage to health.  (Base idea dont crucify me please)

Leaking water/air.  Since the Tenno show ZERO signs of being able to swim why not make drowning a hazard?

Addition Ideas/Suggestions:

- a small space station above a planet or moon.  Nice view - don't hit the airlock.

- an old, derelict ship with no gravity, until you set down and turned it on.  Time to explore, right?

- many tall towers over a planet.  Tenno can use Tenno-parkour to get around between them, if you're careful.  If you're not careful, enemies will leave you with no place to go but down.

------Credit to rhoenix

A desert-like environment with canyons and outposts.

------Credit to Krotalon

Urban environment with scifi skyscrapers

-----Credit to PaperAlien

-City Area - The game can begin on the rooftop of a skyscraper, after sabotaging the objective the Tenno will rappel down to street level and this is when the enemies will start converging on your position.

-Jungle - Have Stalker roam the area, Tenno are being hunted on this level.

-Shipyard - This is a more parkour friendly map with a nice view of the ocean.

-Stadium - A defense mission located in the stadium.

-Corpus Fortress - A large well fortified fortress with deadly turrets. The place should be very clean and have a high tech feel to it with full window panel and sunlight shining through. It will add some nice lighting effect and color contrast.

-----Credit to RedFaceGeneral

Rocky (large asteroids,moons,planetoids)

Burning wateland (Mercury, Io)

Frozen wasteland (Europa, outer system)

Cloud cities (gas giants)

Sandy desert (Venus, Mars, Earth)

Underwater (Europa, Earth)

Forest (Earth, Habitat domes)

Abandoned city (Earth, Habitat domes)

Orokin ruins.

Planet specific skyboxes, one for planetary surfaces and one for ships, stations and habitats.

-----Credit to ValhaHazred

Edited by Aege

All good ideas - and since this is the right setting for them, you can have some trippy settings.  I'd enjoy playing on any one of those maps, actually - each of them can be expanded to become very interesting.

Additional ideas:

- a small space station above a planet or moon.  Nice view - don't hit the airlock.

- an old, derelict ship with no gravity, until you set down and turned it on.  Time to explore, right?

- many tall towers over a planet.  Tenno can use Tenno-parkour to get around between them, if you're careful.  If you're not careful, enemies will leave you with no place to go but down.

All good ideas - and since this is the right setting for them, you can have some trippy settings.  I'd enjoy playing on any one of those maps, actually - each of them can be expanded to become very interesting.

Additional ideas:

You.  I like.  It was difficult putting a vision into words but you nailed it. :D

Jungle, desert and underwater base sounds nice. Suggestion for underwater base: let them have rooms with reinforced glass, and if it gets broken the room gets locked down and flooded and everything inside instantly dies for lulz. Also, an urban environment with scifi skyscapers (maybe taking place inside the skyscrapers) would be really, really nice, especially having seen how pretty they can make the snow maps atm.

Jungle, desert and underwater base sounds nice. Suggestion for underwater base: let them have rooms with reinforced glass, and if it gets broken the room gets locked down and flooded and everything inside instantly dies for lulz. Also, an urban environment with scifi skyscapers (maybe taking place inside the skyscrapers) would be really, really nice, especially having seen how pretty they can make the snow maps atm.

Added in your skyscraper idea~

Hopefully there will be more in time. The ideas are endless here. I was thinking about a jungle interior/exterior myself. Add to that some caves, and all those things you listed. EPICNESS. Lets hope for the best.

The game is definitely in need of more open area map. More outdoor skirmish instead of corridor firefight.

Suggestions:

City Area - The game can begin on the rooftop of a skyscraper, after sabotaging the objective the Tenno will rappel down to street level and this is when the enemies will start converging on your position.

Jungle - Have Stalker roam the area, Tenno are being hunted on this level.

Shipyard - This is a more parkour friendly map with a nice view of the ocean.

Stadium - A defense mission located in the stadium.

Corpus Fortress - A large well fortified fortress with deadly turrets. The place should be very clean and have a high tech feel to it with full window panel and sunlight shining through. It will add some nice lighting effect and colour contrast.

Above are just some wild ideas i could think of.. :P

I'll repost my ideas from an earlier thread. I think they are fairly reasonable and provide a wide variety of locations that fit many locations within the Sol System.

Rocky (large asteroids,moons,planetoids) Burning wateland (Mercury, Io) Frozen wasteland (Europa, outer system) Cloud cities (gas giants) Sandy desert (Venus, Mars, Earth) Underwater (Europa, Earth) Forest (Earth, Habitat domes) Abandoned city (Earth, Habitat domes) Orokin ruins.

I would also like planet specific skyboxes, one for planetary surfaces and one for ships, stations and habitats.