Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Charge Damage Vs Swinging

Skilful_Scalpel

Hi there,

i am trying to Figure out whether to go Swing speed/ melee damage..or Charge speed /charge damage with my scindo..

i looked up both Fury and Reflex Coil on the wiki (swing speed/ charge speed respectively) and they both give you a 60% boost in their final level..so no change in DPS in that department..

but when i looked up "Pressure Point" and "killing blow" (Swing damage/charge damage) ...the fury gives you a total of 42% increase while the charge gives a wooping 150% increase in charge damage!!

so, in terms of DPS, given that scindo has 200 charge damage every 2 seconds, and 50 base swing damage every 1 second..  i did the math..and if we take the firing speed for both out of the equation (because they are both equal)..you get 250 DPs if you go charge..and a mere 71 DPS if you go down the swinging road..

Am i missing something? ..cause to me the swinging seemed more convincing for such weapon, given that i will give it to my rhino for crowd control..now it does not seem that pretty anymore..

you didn't miss anything, right now standard melee damage is far behind what charge is capable of. in update 6 we had +melee damage mods that you could equip to your warframe itself causing normal attacks to be insanely strong if modded for it. Seems like there is yet to be a replacement for these and that this wasn't considered properly when the standard melee damage mods were created for U7.

It depends on the weapon. Heavies should usually go for charge damage. However if you do decide to use charge damage for any weapon getting both reflex coil, AND fury will help improve DPS. Reflex coil will reduce the time you need to hold the button while charging while fury increases the speed of the attack animation.

well, i went charge for my Cronus and plasma sword (plasma sword obviously have stupid high crit, so i wont waste that on normal swings) so i thought i should change this time around..

very interesting to know that Fury speeds up the animation though..will see if i can fit that in..

thanks for the feedback, looks like this one is going charge as well..was really looking forward to using the 30+ Fury mods on my inventory :\

Edited by Skilful_Scalpel

whatever YOU like better is what IS better, FOR YOU

some Tenno like to pretend they are a Blendtec blender

some Tenno want to be a guillotine

and others want to be a wrecking ball

regardless, as long as you are standing and your enemies are not, the job is done

well, i am looking for the most effective for my lawn-mower- styled rhino :D , and i thought the swinging will (functionally) do better...

the dilemma here is that while having a high charge damage, you have a higher DPS...the range is just not that satisfactory for crowd control..

anyway, i will fuse all of my Fury mods anyway, and try them out..will get back to you guys with the results once it's leveled enough :)

Right now, normal swings on most weapons are really more for finishing up a near-dead enemy. But if my observations are right, slide slashes, downed finishers, jump and sneak attacks all benefit from Pressure Point instead of Killing Blow and slide slashes, downed finishers, and jump attacks all benefit from Fury instead of Reflex Coil.

Edited by TheGreyGuardian