Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Half-Baked Frame: Chronos, Time Frame

CruentusNex

Naming things always seems to be the hardest part of everything I do.  So, names subject to change I suppose.

Chronos: Time based frame

General Ideas for stat line: 

Shield - 75(225)

Health - 100(300)

Armor - 15

Energy - 150(225)

Sprint - 1.1

Aura Polarity - -- or D for Energy Siphon or Rejuvination to work with Respite.

Abilities: 

1. Epoch - Strike a single target with a focused beam of chronons, tachyons, or just an FM beam inducing rapid aging.  Does some damage and applies debuff to health, shields, shield regen, armor etc.  Basically target takes more damage, does less damage, moves slower and so on.

2. Reverse - Returns Chronus to the position he was at 2/4/6/8 seconds prior to hitting the ability key, like a teleport in reverse basically.  Ever barrel out of one of those Grineer ventilation shafts on Ember and immediately regret your decision to do that?  That's what this is for.  Could also return shields/health to what they were at that point as well?

3. Respite - Creates a bubble in which time flows faster.  This can be used to increase health/shield regen rates, reload speed, fire speed, melee speed etc.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a bubble, could just be an effect on each warframe in the squad. 

4. Becalm - Everything within X meters slows to a crawl.  Imagine Rhino stomp did no damage, didn't lift enemies into the air and lasted about 10 seconds longer.  In the interest of this not feeling to much like a gimped stomp, possibly make it an aura that follows Chronos?

Sorry, I'm not an artist so I have no pretty pictures for you guys to look at, but thanks for reading.

--Cruentus Nex

The stats seem a bit underpowered, if Chronos is meant to be a caster/power reliant frame, maybe give him a larger energy pool? Or maybe give him more shields or armor. Other than that, well thought out, with alot of room for more power concepts to be thought of or improved upon.

The stats seem a bit underpowered, if Chronos is meant to be a caster/power reliant frame, maybe give him a larger energy pool? Or maybe give him more shields or armor. Other than that, well thought out, with alot of room for more power concepts to be thought of or improved upon.

225 is the highest base Power pool I know of at the moment.  This gives 450 with flow, if it is taken, which is quite a lot.  He is meant to be a utility/caster frame, similar to Loki in usage.  One problem I do see though is that all of his abilities are situational.  He doesn't have the ability to become invisible, invincible, or directly destroy an entire room of enemies with any of his abilities, forcing careful play.  Increasing shields or armor might be an option to make him feel a bit more run and gun, though I don't know how Warframe stat lines are weighted/calculated.

skills not too bad, 225 is a high energy pool actually, i saw the 2nd skill on another time based frame  idea called chronos too so maybe change that a little bit ( or make a dimension frame instead of a time frame)

Yes, as I stated above, 225 is as high as it gets, though he is meant to be a caster frame.  The rest of his statline suggests that without the use of his more expensive abilities almost constantly he is going to be quite fragile.  His 1 ability is a debuff on a single target.  2 is a somewhat situational survival skill(Backing things up 8 seconds may not be of much use if you were in just as bad a situation 8 seconds ago).  Respite will require careful placement to be of use in regenerating shields/health.  Becalm is the only real definite survival ability.  So the idea is that in a worse case scenario, pop becalm, possibly reverse to reset shields/health, Respite to speed up regen and attack speed and use that to chew through the slowed enemies.  Additionally if he is fighting a boss Epoch would be used to weaken the target.  At this point, assuming standard costs 25/50/75/100 for the 4 abilites he's just burned 250 energy in a boss fight or 225 against a crowd.  The idea is that his abilities, while situational, are synergistic if used at the right time. 

In terms of adding dimensional manipulation, I really feel like time alone is enough.  Most frames currently in existence are very focused.  Frost is just Ice, with Hydroid being Water.  Volt is just Electricity, with Mag taking Magnetism etc.  Though I will post an idea(see below).

The general idea I'm getting so far is less ability more stats.  Doing both could work.  Keeping the powers the same and dropping the high energy pool in favor of higher stats for better direct survival maybe?  Though, as far as I know we only have one frame that is completely dependent on his powers to survive(Loki).  This is the basis for Chronos, with a different power set.  

The real question I'm asking myself right now is, "Are the abilities powerful enough to justify the low stats?"  In other words, do his abilities confer him the same level of advantage that Loki has with his?  That may be something that only play testing can tell.

Since adding dimensional manipulation and changing the second power was suggested perhaps something like the following to give him something closer Loki's invisibility to increase survivability:

Rift - Chronos shifts into the void leaving behind a void field.  Due to the chaotic nature of void space objects entering the field will be redirected and exit the field at a random location with random velocity.  During this time Chronos is invisible and may move and attack normally, but once the duration ends will return to where he shifted.

loki p  energy pool is 265 base and your mistaken about your 2nd skill being that if you shift backwards in time the enemies you had 8 seconds ago will revive (since you wrote it isnt of much use if the situation was as worse 8 secs ago those enemies from 8 secs ago are mostly/already dead if you killed them or do you want that to happen(that they actually revive?))

4 is much like novas ultimate

3 could be practical for defense

Edited by Seyenas