Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptor And Leech Osprey

Arcaddes

Everytime I try to solo a Corpus or Infested mission I run into a huge issue with staying alive when I run into an ancient disruptor or a swarm of leech osprey and 7 or 8 moa.

Ancient Disruptors should do one or the other, right now one shot drains all your energy AND your shield, making escaping impossible, and surviving in a swarm of chargers, leapers, and runners, even moreso. Not to mention if there are more than one, running is useless, because they match your speed and knock you down, and immediately follow up with a disruption. Just let them drain your shield OR energy, not both.

Leech Osprey arent quite as bad, but get 3 or 4 floating around firing homing leeches and dropping your shield in little to no time, and when your being plowed by 6 moas of any combination makes it even harder. makes the leeches non homing, but move faster, allowing you to at least take cover.

Out of the two the Ancient Disruptor is the most troublesom, two of those in a swarm means the mission is over if you get locked down.

And...?

So the point of all this would be to play smart and not get locked down, would it not?

This, as we like to call it in the real world, is called a "challenge"

It makes the game interesting and keeps you on your toes.

Also it weeds out the weak.

31024960.jpg

Edited by ShadowsCrush

There are ways to deal with these issues.

You are right, getting knocked down and power punched by a disruptor in a group of infested is probably a death.  Which means don't get knocked down in a group.  Easy to say, and while it isn't perfectly simple, it does just mean avoid disruptors until you have cleared out everything else.  If they start to run, then you run away.

Leech osprey, if you get 4 or 5?  I rarely see more then 10 in a mission and often shoot them when I see them.  I probably couldn't bump into 4 or 5 unless I stopped shooting at all during a mission.  Which of course mean I am either afk, or meleeing.  The melee attacks clear leeches, so they can't be doing any damage to you, as well as melee can hit them when they fly low.  If you are truly worried about the leeches, then melee like crazy and move close see if you can't get one or two with melee.

These were extremely easy solutions for me.  They were the first things I tried once I saw what these enemies could do.

And...?

So the point of all this would be to play smart and not get locked down, would it not?

This, as we like to call it in the real world, is called a "challenge"

It makes the game interesting and keeps you on your toes.

Also it weeds out the weak.

So what your saying is you have never been knocked down before? And that the most common ancient can not only knock out all your energy, but your shield, there is a finite line between a challenge, and something that is over the top, so take your elitism back to WoW or CoD.

You can avoid Disruptor by timing your dodge. Dodge when they are charging at you or when they are about to raise their arms.

Dodging one disruptor is no problem, but I normally run into 2 at a time, even 3 on some occasions, dodge one, and the other knocks you down, then you get disruptor slapped while chargers cluster you. Easy to say, but when your alone with no one to pull you out of the pile your in, it gets rather annoying.

Disruptor's on-hit ability is a bit BS, and so is the knockdown, but they're not unbeatable even in groups of 2+. First off, ice mods do wonders against Infested by slowing them down. Secondly, if there are large groups of other enemies with the Ancients, keep kiting and kill everything else off first. Third, charged melee attacks with sharp weapons can stagger Ancients repeatedly. Fourth, fire deals bonus damage and can cause Ancients to panic, effectively stunning them. Fifth, their legs are the weakspots, not the head (unless you're using bolt weapons). Sixth, with good enough timing and a little luck, you can roll to dodge their melee attack. Try to run towards and past the Ancient when it's charging towards you instead of running from it, because it WILL catch up with you.

As for Leeches, their homing ability does make them a serious nuisance to dodge (though not impossible, I treat it as a minigame when i see Leechers). However, the ospreys themselves are extremely fragile, and the leeches latched on to you can be removed with a single roll. Also remember, if Leeches hit a wall, they stop and you've effectively dodged them. If you see Leech Ospreys, just pick them off first and remember, "just keep rolling".

tl;dr Leech Ospreys are fine the way they are, though Disruptors should get a slight nerf to their abilities. Maybe only drain a percentage of shields and energy on hit instead of all in one hit. Also the knock down needs to be fixed a little. Several times i run past them and their arms just clip through their own bodies to hit behind them, and when they do hit me in the back it doesn't knock me forwards like it should, it knocks me BACKWARDS back towards the Disruptor, leading to an undodgeable second hit that takes away all of my stored energy. Kinda calling BS there.

Disruptor's on-hit ability is a bit BS, and so is the knockdown, but they're not unbeatable even in groups of 2+. First off, ice mods do wonders against Infested by slowing them down. Secondly, if there are large groups of other enemies with the Ancients, keep kiting and kill everything else off first. Third, charged melee attacks with sharp weapons can stagger Ancients repeatedly. Fourth, fire deals bonus damage and can cause Ancients to panic, effectively stunning them. Fifth, their legs are the weakspots, not the head (unless you're using bolt weapons). Sixth, with good enough timing and a little luck, you can roll to dodge their melee attack. Try to run towards and past the Ancient when it's charging towards you instead of running from it, because it WILL catch up with you.

As for Leeches, their homing ability does make them a serious nuisance to dodge (though not impossible, I treat it as a minigame when i see Leechers). However, the ospreys themselves are extremely fragile, and the leeches latched on to you can be removed with a single roll. Also remember, if Leeches hit a wall, they stop and you've effectively dodged them. If you see Leech Ospreys, just pick them off first and remember, "just keep rolling".

tl;dr Leech Ospreys are fine the way they are, though Disruptors should get a slight nerf to their abilities. Maybe only drain a percentage of shields and energy on hit instead of all in one hit. Also the knock down needs to be fixed a little. Several times i run past them and their arms just clip through their own bodies to hit behind them, and when they do hit me in the back it doesn't knock me forwards like it should, it knocks me BACKWARDS back towards the Disruptor, leading to an undodgeable second hit that takes away all of my stored energy. Kinda calling BS there.

I don't see why Disruptor need to be nerfed? You just need to dodge or just walk out of reach of their tentacles.The problem I've seen so far is that people like to stand right in front of them when they know its attack has like a 5 feet reach.

Ice mods slow disrupters down and make them easy to kite. Leech osprey leeches can be removed by dodging, or meleeing, both will remove the leeches quickly and easily. Only problem with disrupters currently is that they can detect and attack you even when you are invisible, which is bs.

I don't see why Disruptor need to be nerfed? You just need to dodge or just walk out of reach of their tentacles.The problem I've seen so far is that people like to stand right in front of them when they know its attack has like a 5 feet reach.

The problem is that Disruptors take away way too much with a single hit. Sometimes you make a slight mistake, or get staggered at the wrong time, and the Disruptor just gets a really unfair hit on you and takes away ALL of your energy and shields, regardless of amount. There is NO OTHER ENEMY, including BOSSES, that can rip off 800+ shields in ONE HIT excluding the Jackal insta-gib grenade. Not to mention the use of abilities is crucial to some caster types, and is also the unique feature of Warframe. Losing all of your energy, which can reach 300 energy, in ONE HIT is really unfair.

The speed, health, and attack damage of the Disruptor is fine, but ripping off all that shield and energy with a single strike, regardless of the ease of avoiding it (and it's not that easy without ice mods), is excessively frustrating. This is why I proposed having a percentage of the shields and energy taken per strike. The percentage can also increase with enemy level, so that stronger Disruptors can take away more than weaker ones. And really, is it so necessary to also cause knockdown at the same time? Though that part has more to do with the excessive stagger/knockdown mechanics throughout the game. Come on now, would only taking 40-60% shields and energy per strike make Disruptors a pushover? Think about that.

There is certain tactics you can use in such times to defeat bigger enemy, or to just simply know when your out numbered.

I dont think its a problem that the disrupters detect invisible players when you take into consideration they steal your energy, if they have such abilities dont you think they would be able to detect such energy on a player, although it leaves me thinking maybe players should not be detected if they have no energy.

good luck OP with your problems im sure you will get beter and look back on this.

I'm actually okay with Disruptors knocking off all your shields, but they should definantly only take a % of energy. I mean, if you're a frame with a high energy pool that relies on your abilities, like Ember and Trinity, then having an ancient disruptor rip out 300+ energy can just flat out ruin a run. At least make it so they have a close-to-100% chance to drop a 50 energy orb on death so you can do something after you kill one.

Also, the trick with getting ancients to stop chasing you is to break thier line of sight. You can do this easily by just running past them, or taking a sharp U turn around an obstacle.