Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Option To Temporary Scale Mod Power To Lower Rank Needed.

nzzero

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6690/slider1nj.jpg

As the title says - we need an option to be able to use for example only half of mod power, if we choose so. Sometimes we want to experiment with different builds for our frames/ weapons, but if we fully upgrade a mod to see if it makes a big difference, it may not fit back in the point limit. Sometimes we just want to use a lower power mod on a weapon not fully leveled yet. Why do we have to have different copies for that?

I propose a simple solution. Have each mod display a slider when equipped, using which will allow us to decide how many already unlocked ranks of a mod we want to use. The mods energy cost will update accordingly. A simple, fast and elegant way to customize your loadout.

tl;dr: We need a way to temporary downgrade mod rank if we want to.

here is idea

grind until you have another mod of the same version at that desired rank?

don't get me wrong the idea of such control of the mods would be lovely but

the problem is that if you implemented something like that there would be less reason to polarise mod spots

in the future...

here is idea grind until you have another mod of the same version at that desired rank? don't get me wrong the idea of such control of the mods would be lovely but the problem is that if you implemented something like that there would be less reason to polarise mod spots in the future...

I dont want to grind in the game only to have a customization option in something i already achieved before. Its dumb and not rewarding enough. I want a clear, fast system and most of all a user-friendly system for easy customization and experimentation. And again, the experimentation with mod ranks i have already unlocked.

Polarity slots are not part of this issue.

currently I have been in the process of making a version of EVERY SINGLE MOD AT EVERY POSSIBLE RANK

srsly this is a tedious and kind of ridiculous process

so if i want to have options for say leveling up a new frame, i cannot be focused on simply ranking up my vitality mod, because then i wouldn't be able to use the max rank mod for a long time on a new frame

so the choice im left with is to have ELEVEN different versions of the vitality mod, just so that i can upgrade to the better version as i go along

while I can see DE might not want to streamline the system into a "one mod fits all" kinda thing, the current setup is not exactly ideal IMHO

now of course if we had a more organized inventory/gear/mod sorting options,THEN maybe this wouldn't be so necessary

obviously DE intends for Warframe to have a bit of RNG and growth process with a frame and weapons, the more you play, the more you grow in power, a slow trickle process, but the trick is to not make it TOO painful along the way

ALSO THIS:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/26449-how-the-mod-collection-should-look/?hl=%2Bmod+%2Bsorting#entry253497