Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade Improvements

Kilic

Right now I feel Shade is in a good spot with the changes to Ghost. That being said, I still believe some things could be better so I've come up with a few suggestions improve on the shade.

First, I think Ghost have a .5 or 1 second grace period after it activates where attacking wont cancel stealth. I think this would help improve Shade synergy with anyone using fast-firing, automatic weapons as this would give players a chance to decide to remain in stealth or to continue attacking.

Second, I think Revenge should be replaced something so that Shade attacks any enemy that spots the player rather than having to wait to get hit before it starts doing something. When I'm fighting an enemy like the Infected, feel like my Shade could be doing more as I'm running from Runners and Ancients.

These are my thoughts. What does everyone else think?

Shade is meant to be more of a defensive type bot, that's why there's Wyrm, who's the offensive of the two. My Shade attacks anything that attacks, even if it's a miss it will attack until it kills it or I go invisible and stop being chased by infected or others.

I'm liking the shade improvements as well, but I think they can do better. I think ghost should only work while crouched(of course while still being in a certain radius) and can be deactivated by simply rubbing up against an enemy. Having crouch activation means ghost wont interfere with revenge.

Edited by MEsoJD

The only problem for me atm is that I do not know how my shade compares to the wyrm in terms of damage. If the wyrm actually does considerably more damage than the shade, then yes, I could see changing revenge to "attacks enemies that see you"l as reasonable. 

EDIT: The grace period idea actually makes a lot of sense, I misread it the first time. 

I only think he need a nerf for the ghost to it have a time limit because you can go through a mission without get see.

yeah

sentinelles should have some kind of energy bar auto regenerating but preventing the over use of some powers (ghost should be like a skill for it)

last time ended up with low weapons in a hight lvl alert with infested..

i allmost died and sudenly shade cloaked me ....

holy shade i did ran all the map with my 20hp without shooting 1 bullets

i learned that you an stealh kill the dogs XD

i though only humanoids could be stealh killed

Shade is meant to be more of a defensive type bot, that's why there's Wyrm, who's the offensive of the two. My Shade attacks anything that attacks, even if it's a miss it will attack until it kills it or I go invisible and stop being chased by infected or others.

I don't really think of the Shade a defensive sentinel, but rather as a different kind of offensive sentinel.  Stealth isn't really something you use so much in defense in this game. Sure, it can get you out of a bad spot in a pinch, but it's not going to help defend the cryopod or provide cover for teammates. Stealth, in this game, is more of a positioning tool, allowing players to get into a better spot during a fight, or enabling hit-and-run maneuvers.  A defensive sentinel would be something that could set up a barrier, wall, or cover, in my opinion. Something actually kind of useful in defense.

I don't really think of the Shade a defensive sentinel, but rather as a different kind of offensive sentinel.  Stealth isn't really something you use so much in defense in this game. Sure, it can get you out of a bad spot in a pinch, but it's not going to help defend the cryopod or provide cover for teammates. Stealth, in this game, is more of a positioning tool, allowing players to get into a better spot during a fight, or enabling hit-and-run maneuvers.  A defensive sentinel would be something that could set up a barrier, wall, or cover, in my opinion. Something actually kind of useful in defense.

Well, i thinik you want a new sentinel. Leave Shade in peace.

Edited by Probta16

I don't really see the point in having in having Shade shoot at foes. I see him more as a utility pet than anything else, I even took off revenge so he would not agro mobs and die. For me I only use him for cloak and guardian, he is my protector if I get into to much trouble (which I often do). I would not mind seeing something like the grace period though as that would emphasize the utility factor of shade.

Well, i thinik you want a new sentinel. Leave Shade in peace.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I don't want to completely change Shade, I just want it better fill it's role/be a bit more useful.

I believe to make a balance Shade is less effective in offensive. Most of the players use him because of the Ghost abillity that save you from a aggro, so it is like a defensive function. If you are not stealth, every enemy will spot you and Shade reacting to it will be like a Warrior of the Wymr. It make him exact the same and maybe better.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I don't want to completely change Shade, I just want it better fill it's role/be a bit more useful.

The role of Shade is stealth/support, just like Wyrm's is extra firepower/support...I don't think you fully understand what the two are meant for...or maybe you don't know how to approach their use? Defense doesn't exactly mean stealth, that's why she has a stronger weapon than Wyrm, that's why Shade has "Revenge"...do you not see how it all fits? o.O I'm sure you'd rather ahve Shade bring up a shield similar to Volt's or something that doesn't quiet suit the role of a support pet/sentinel -_-

Please read my previous posts. I'm not saying Shade is or should be a defensive sentinel. Nor am I saying it should be able to set up a barrier or shield. That was just an example of what I think a true defensive sentinel should be able to do. I'm saying the opposite, that the Shade is an offensive sentinel in a way.

All I'm really suggesting is a grace period for Ghost maybe and that Revenge is kind of dumb. What's the point of having the sentinel have to wait until the player is hit to start shooting back? It's not like the enemy is going to stop attacking or back off because it wasn't attacking them and since we're already spotted anyways it might as well start shooting so as to actively contribute to your defense instead of it just sitting back, waiting. And it would still stop shooting when stealth is activated, of course.

Don't get me wrong. I like Shade how it is now and understand if none of my ideas get noticed or implemented, but I believe nothing is perfect and their is always room for small tweaks or improvements. I hope no one misunderstands what I'm trying to get at here.

Edited by Kilic