The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Warframe Player's Age Group?

What is the Warframe player's age group? And what is their English level?

Cause I know my English is not good, since it's my second language, and I didn't learn it through a good system.

I am very curious at the same time gave my empathy to the guy who made this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31112-so-you-can-pay-to-be-twice-as-powerful/

He clearly said: You CAN pay to be twice as powerful;

and did not say: You HAVE TO pay to be twice as powerful.

What he said was clearly the fact and true, but why so many people start bashing him?

Or did I not catch the meaning: "You CAN pay to be twice as powerful" correct?

Edit: Let not forget, English is not everyone's first language, what is said may not be what is meant;

Also, it only takes one bully to scar a person's life; I do not know what/how is like to be bashed by 50+ people on the forum.

And there is people out there takes whatever that is online more serious then it should be, else we won't hear suicide stories all over the world due to online problems, I just hope you guys take it easy.

Edited by JudgeN

No, you understood perfectly. But anything even remotely related to the topic of giving DE money is going to be construed as the poster complaining about how the game is pay to win. Which it's technically not. It's pay for convenience. But it's essentially the convenience of buying water for a grand from a merchant after wandering around in the desert for a month trying to find your own. 

Because the fact is you aren't paying twice to be powerful, you are paying to have more maneuverability in how you make your warframe or weapon build. How he worded his post was sensationalist and unnecessary, and I don't respect those kinds of people who try and make a big deal out of P2W when it is P2Convenience.

Edited by G3rman

Well every free to play game has the ability to allow paying players get a leg up on non paying. This one just focuses on the benefit of eliminating grinding. I think the bashing comes into play because the persons obvious intentions were not to state the convenience, but instead to bash it. Folks forget that this is a business. An expensive one at that. Without funding there is no game. If folks want zero pay to win then they need to just stay away from online games whatsoever. Even WoW has ways to do it. Sure they break the ToS, but still. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Now, with that said. My boy is 10, I'm 35, and my wife is 44 and we all play Warframe on a regular basis LAN style from our house.

Been playing this game for quite some time now and I've noticed orokin BPs are really rare on alerts, with the possibility of 1 a week if you're awake. And with daily rewards bugging giving a shotgun box with 0 quantity I don't see me personally getting any from that. 

So, it seems to boil down to that paying members are essentially twice as powerful as free players. Is this not the case?

The last sentence killed whatever empathy the OP is going to get from the communities. It heavily implied that Warframe is P2W model.

Edited by neKroMancer

Because the fact is you aren't paying twice to be powerful, you are paying twice to have more maneuverability in how you make your warframe or weapon build. How he worded his post was sensationalist and unnecessary, and I don't respect those kinds of people who try and make a big deal out of P2W when it is P2Convenience.

Paying twice?

Cause I know my English is not good, since it's my second language, and I didn't learn it through a good system.

I am very curious at the same time gave my empathy to the guy who made this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31112-so-you-can-pay-to-be-twice-as-powerful/

What he said was clearly the fact and true, but why so many people start bashing him?

The problem isn't the difference between "can pay to be twice as powerful" versus "have to pay to be twice as powerful" - that was the conclusion of many users who posted in that thread, but that was not the OP's conclusion.

The OP for that post was saying "because the drops are random, free users are essentially forced to pay," which is a severe and short-sighted oversimplification, considering many free players here have been doing the same thing. They've all said that they require better frame and weapon management due to the lack of available slots, but it's still quite possible to play for free in this way.

This is a commercial quality game, despite still being in beta and having a ways to go before it's finished.  In my mind, that the devs even decided to go the F2P route was the modern equivalent of try-before-you-buy - one can install and play the game for free, and can even play for quite some time without paying any money whatsoever.  

Choosing to pay only gives you the certainty of getting the Orokin items to fully activate weapons and frames, and the certainty of getting more slots to store frames and weapons, and allows you to shortcut through the Foundry to get items immediately, rather than having to collect the blueprints, materials, and money for them.  Playing for free does not preclude you from getting any of those things - in fact, if you spend your starting platinum on slots, you won't have to pay any money at all if you're patient about getting Orokin blueprints from Alerts and as random drops from missions.

neKroMancer is right. The key problem with his post was not the TITLE. Not by itself. The problem was the full content of the post. He was not asking a neutral question: "So, it seems to boil down to that paying members are essentially twice as powerful as free players. Is this not the case?"

Also: by asking what the Warframe playerbase's age and English level is, what are you actually after? What's the goal in asking the question? I mean, that's not a neutral question either. You're suggesting that those things have some impact on how people are responding on the forums, right? 

Maybe you're right. But does it matter? You'll see mature older gamers who speak English as a first language get equally annoyed at someone who's seemingly badmouthing a game they like...or at least, holding a narrow and biased view about a game they like. It's not just kids who can't spell.

I agree that the other thread got pretty nasty and harsh in places, though. The OP did have a valid point. I don't think his point was correct, but I acknowledge he had a point.

Edited by Acyl

Well every free to play game has the ability to allow paying players get a leg up on non paying. This one just focuses on the benefit of eliminating grinding. I think the bashing comes into play because the persons obvious intentions were not to state the convenience, but instead to bash it. Folks forget that this is a business. An expensive one at that. Without funding there is no game. If folks want zero pay to win then they need to just stay away from online games whatsoever. Even WoW has ways to do it. Sure they break the ToS, but still. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Now, with that said. My boy is 10, I'm 35, and my wife is 44 and we all play Warframe on a regular basis LAN style from our house.

Damn you and your nerd family, I'm jealous.

18, about to head to college.

Paying only lets you unlock things quicker, or getting cosmetic stuff like colors.I've gotten orokin reactors, catalysts, warframes, all that from blueprints. But at the same time, I've bought some platinum because I want to support this awesome game.

Edited by Nightframe

I'm not sure I understand the implications you're throwing out there, connecting the average age of a Warframe player to their fluency in English.

So I'm going to ignore that and respond to the title of the thread: I'm 18, 19 in less than a month.

I'm not sure I understand the implications you're throwing out there, connecting the average age of a Warframe player to their fluency in English.

So I'm going to ignore that and respond to the title of the thread: I'm 18, 19 in less than a month.

If you saw, they were two separate questions.

Because the fact is you aren't paying twice to be powerful, you are paying to have more maneuverability in how you make your warframe or weapon build. How he worded his post was sensationalist and unnecessary, and I don't respect those kinds of people who try and make a big deal out of P2W when it is P2Convenience.

You know what i hate most about the Pay to Win argument? Is that you're complaining over NOTHING!...I don't need no stinking orokin stuff to kill Pluto's boss! Hell, give me a completely unranked set of not so crappy weapon and i'll clear most non-boss/defense mission on pluto! HOW can tou NOT Win at this game?! Why do you need the stuff you think you need to beat those measly challenges?

Edit: Let not forget, English is not everyone's first language, what is said may not be what is meant;

Also, it only takes one bully to scar a person's life; I do not know what/how is like to be bashed by 50+ people on the forum.

And there is people out there takes whatever that is online more serious then it should be, else we won't hear suicide stories all over the world due to online problems, I just hope you guys take it easy.

well judge, you fooled me, when you say your english is not good? seems great.ive certainly under stood all the posts youve made very clearly.

as he said if you pay your better off, that really is a given, instead of farming buy it. why did they bash him?  havent read the thread in its entireny, but that sort of forum chat will always be there. at this point its not a pvp game, and if it goes on to a full on pvp whenever you like thing youll see more bashing.

remember though a F2P is backed up by people who spend. so of course people who spend money will have advantages, but a F2P is still achievable here.

btw to answer your threads topic, im 45. xd

Mods are the only thing that make you powerful enough to tackle the 20+ mobs, not buying a frame and then trying to jump into pluto after your Venus playthrough. You can no longer buy credits via platinum, and expect to most likely drop a few hundred dollars if you're seriously considering buying a crapload of mod packs.

So no. Whoever made that thread is dead wrong. You could have the Hek, Gorgon, and Rhino available at rank 1 and it still wouldn't do jack against...lets say the Hydra or you decide to do solo runs in Pluto.

English is my third language, don't see me complaining about not being understood.

If people want to communicate effectively concerning nuanced topics such as P2W, but lack the skills to do so, then perhaps they shouldn't start an inflammatory thread.

Edit: Also, if you're not prepared for some 'bashing' (read conflict of opinions) on the internet, you shouldn't be on it.

Edited by Thirdstar