Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map Issue With Floors/levels

Kultunas

I can't be the only one who has had this problem, but in every single map that has multiple floors or levels (where you go up or down a set of stairways or elevators), the tracker icon (the yellow ! ) is really just hanging around wherever it wants to, generally over empty space you can't conventionally reach. it's still pointing to where you need to go, but unfortunately it is not taking large heights into account. I find this commonly on those Grineer levels with the gigantic catwalks that span at least three or four stories tall. Trying to navigate through that to the point, when the point itself is guiding you incorrectly, is infuriating. This may be something that needs to be addressed, perhaps with a clearer floor system, like if the map can tell you what floor you're on at the moment, versus what floor you need to be on.

Absolutely. This is very much noticable on the new Grineer Mining Station tileset, with the three or four tiered vertical area with a giant, centralized drill. Usually, heading to the area with its upwards elevator is the right way to go, but you would have to know this trick, first, to begin with.

I suppose the only way to fix this is to revamp the way automap waypoints are implemented: rather than to stick to the exit of a given room (and thus causing the minimap to go bonkers on that one room in the Mining Station tileset), maybe bigger rooms need multiple waypoints set up that will clear as the player themselves cross it.

It doesn't happen every time with multiple floors/levels for me, but certain tiles seem to just be broken in this regard (and yes, Grineer Mining Station ones seem particular offenders). I had to drop a mission earlier today because I had spent nearly thirty minutes methodically looking for any way to reach the location, or to progress at all, and found nothing. The "go here" icon resolutely hovered over a seemingly non-accessible bit of map.

I looked up. I looked down. I explored everywhere I could find that was open to me. A ran up walls into vents. I jumped off things. I've had difficulty before with this, but always eventually found a route, or the "go here" icon started behaving sanely. Here though? Nope. It may be that there was a route, or it may be a bug (it is beta, after all), but the "go here" icon was worse than useless.

Overall I feel like, right now, the "go here" icon is a bigger threat to my missions than any number of Grineer, Corpus, or Infested! This is seriously the biggest annoyance I have with the game right now. Sometimes it works perfectly (particularly on Corpus maps), but many other times...? At best it confuses the issue.