Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubedo

Dirty-Paul

One sentence: Please decrease rubedo cost in blueprints or increase its drop rate.

Note: I know this is an uncommon mineral, but for me, its been feeling like a rare mineral (i only get one drop or none per mission in said "high drop" regions

Yeah I definitely understand both sides. It seems that if I'm looking for it, it is no where to be found but if I'm just playing around for $$ or whatever it starts to rain rubedo. Luck of the draw I guess.

I doubt it will happen especially if Update 8 allows clan trading

I agree. Clans will make it super easy to get materials.

Whine less, grind more.

Exactly. However, Rubedo is indeed material that is used in almost every craft. I do not know the story behind the material itself, nor why is it needed for almost every craft, but comparing to other materials, rubedo seems like the most grind-heavy material, along with alloy plates. Would be nice that future blueprints require a bit more of the other materials as well, or at least, to enable selling of excess materials.

One sentence: Please decrease rubedo cost in blueprints or increase its drop rate.

Note: I know this is an uncommon mineral, but for me, its been feeling like a rare mineral (i only get one drop or none per mission in said "high drop" regions

I am not kidding, I ran this for like an hour, I got 400 of it. The thing is to use LOOT RADAR. And smash everything, all containers, all lockers, etc.

Earth, Everest. Beleive me.

Edited by pzykotik

Exactly. However, Rubedo is indeed material that is used in almost every craft. I do not know the story behind the material itself, nor why is it needed for almost every craft, but comparing to other materials, rubedo seems like the most grind-heavy material, along with alloy plates. Would be nice that future blueprints require a bit more of the other materials as well, or at least, to enable selling of excess materials.

agreed, I have ridiculous amounts of ferrite and other common materials, close to 20,00 each.  they are not used for anything I have needed to craft so far and selling them would be very appreciated.

I get rubedo, it just takes a long time.

I really dunno what else to say, cuz it kinda sucks, but then again, it jsut takes time.

What I do is go to the lowest level system and jsut rank up my low level frames, weapons, etc while grinding. kills 2 birds with 1 stone ^^

ok i understand,

RXIS, you would be at the same place knowing youve done rubedo farming missions for 3 and a half weeks and have only found 50 ish

3 weeks and how many game hours overall?

If you're only getting 50 from dedicated farming of rubedo I can only assume I log at least 5 times more game hours on average a day than you do in 3 weeks simply based off rubedo counts. And that's only counting "passive" rubedo gain from running missions without rubedo farm in mind.

There is an infested sabotage mission somewhere on earth thats reasonable (smallest amount ive ever received was 50 ish), if you clear the WHOLE level its about 100 on a good run (its given me 220 on one run before ), but can take 30 minutes. Run that solo so you can explore everything, and only if you dont have a frame/weapons that can handle Sedna. 

In the event you can handle the boss on Sedna, run Merrow, farm some blueprints while you are there, and you should end up with 50-60 per run, along with 20-30 alloy plate which make the run doubly worthwhile.  It will take a lot of runs to get the rubedo, but its the most efficient way so far found to get rubedo, alloy plate and credits rolled into one mission.  Kela is soloable with a rank 30 lex and any frame over 500 shields, so long as you can dodge rockets (keep your distance and find a box to stand on, hint hint).  Alloy plate drops are nothing to scoff at (unlike ferrite XD) and same for blueprints or redundant blueprints (yay credits!).

Edited by Insanityman

I've not had a problem with rubedo or alloy plate since they introduced Sedna. Stuff drops like candy now compared to before.

This is true. Sedna is an amazing place for farming up mats for frames/guns, especially when you have practically infinite banked amounts of everything else. Plus it's pretty easy to farm for any frame. Just pick a level with no Roller spawns and go to town.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

When farming for materials the all out fastest way to do so is pick a defense mission where the material you want drops and memorize the crate locations. When the mission starts, blitz around, bust the crates and then either kill the mob spawns for more drops, or just quit out and repeat. If you find the side rooms and secret areas there are generally ten or more crates on each map within instant reach.

Fluffanutter

Rubedo is not that hard to get. I have never had a problem "not getting enough".

Boss raids and Mobile Defense. Mostly do Mobile Defense for the large waves of enemies which can usually drop more Mats (instead of 15-20 Rubedo per drop i get 25+ per drop of it) than what a container can, and I do the boss raids for the rarer stuff like Gallium, Neurodes, Control Modules etc.

Edited by Don_Von_Hulio

When farming for materials the all out fastest way to do so is pick a defense mission where the material you want drops and memorize the crate locations. When the mission starts, blitz around, bust the crates and then either kill the mob spawns for more drops, or just quit out and repeat. If you find the side rooms and secret areas there are generally ten or more crates on each map within instant reach.

Fluffanutter

Just by the way, this will not work any more due to you loosing everything apart from exp if you quit/fail a mission as of the most recent update, so you will have to go to wave 5 at least before you can go with your loot.