The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance

AOD_QUBI

Guys Can you help!

OC WIn7 32bit

Spec Core2Duo 2.4ghz

ram 3GB

Video GeForce GT220 512

I can play 2 minuts normal on medium spec buth after them my performance slow down !

any idea how fix it ? and can activate full mode only in win mode can play ftw :(

alredy try :( buth that not only problem only mode I hawe is windows mode for game no hawe full mode :O when swich to full modes show up mesage out of range and display goes black when shut down game all go normal and must lunch game again

Wow medium on a GT220? High settings give my system a run for its money, and I got 16 gb of ram with a fx8320 and a 560Ti.

I think your graphics card and ram jsut cant keep up. Lower settings, and get a ram upgrade.

But off hand (I cant remember atm) isnt Vista's 32bit ram cap 4 gb? or was that xp...

32bit is capped at 4gb, period.

ty, thats what I thought.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ CPU Speed: Info

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space:

1 GB

Theres the sys requirements. tho they may be dated cuz steam took up a little mroe than 2 gigs for me.

But yea, I'd try lowering your settings first

Edited by MilesCadre

The replies are just terrible, uneducated, uninformed and completely unhelpful thus far. Congratulations, you've made me break my lurker status.

a) Process is fine. Core2Duo isn't the top of the line anymore, but it'll do.

b) RAM is fine. Not ideal for gaming, but fine.

c) Graphic card is quite possibly one of the culprit. GT220 is a budget model from 2009.

d) The 32-bit OS is a problem. Yes, you have less than 4GB physical RAM, but 32-bit OS cannot handle more than 2GB on an application level. Each process is given a 4GB of *virtual* memory to play with on 32-bit systems. This effectively is separated into 2GB of user space that the application can use at at time.

e) It could be that some of your parts are overheating. Modern CPUs and GPUs automatically slow down once they reach a temperature threshold to reduce damage to the components at high temperatures.

I have a friend with integrated (Intel HD3000, HD4000) cards that run this on a playable level, and upgrades aren't always an option for everyone, so I'll dismiss point c).

This leaves points d) and e), and a quick way of either confirming or eliminating them as possibilities would be:

d) Without downloading and installing a bunch of stuff, the good old Windows Task Manager can be used. Just go to Processes tab, find Warframe, and keep a track of its RAM usage. If the performance starts taking a hit as it hits 2GB, it's time to switch to 64bit. This method may leave you needing to constantly alt+tab in and out, and there are third-party tools which measure memory usage of things over time.

e) You'll either have to open up the case and feel the base of the heatsinks on the CPU and the GPU, but depending on how you got your computer, this may void your warranty, and this doesn't really give a good temperature reading (though by the time it decides to slow down, your fingers would feel like pain, suffering and burning). You may have to get a third-party program to measure the temperatures respectably. If the performance starts taking a hit as the temps hit a certain threshold, it's time to work on your thermal dissipation.

The replies are just terrible, uneducated, uninformed and completely unhelpful thus far. Congratulations, you've made me break my lurker status.

c) Graphic card is quite possibly one of the culprit. GT220 is a budget model from 2009.

d) The 32-bit OS is a problem. Yes, you have less than 4GB physical RAM, but 32-bit OS cannot handle more than 2GB on an application level. Each process is given a 4GB of *virtual* memory to play with on 32-bit systems. This effectively is separated into 2GB of user space that the application can use at at time.

e) It could be that some of your parts are overheating. Modern CPUs and GPUs automatically slow down once they reach a temperature threshold to reduce damage to the components at high temperatures.

I have a friend with integrated (Intel HD3000, HD4000) cards that run this on a playable level, and upgrades aren't always an option for everyone, so I'll dismiss point c).

This leaves points d) and e), and a quick way of either confirming or eliminating them as possibilities would be:

d) Without downloading and installing a bunch of stuff, the good old Windows Task Manager can be used. Just go to Processes tab, find Warframe, and keep a track of its RAM usage. If the performance starts taking a hit as it hits 2GB, it's time to switch to 64bit. This method may leave you needing to constantly alt+tab in and out, and there are third-party tools which measure memory usage of things over time.

e) You'll either have to open up the case and feel the base of the heatsinks on the CPU and the GPU, but depending on how you got your computer, this may void your warranty, and this doesn't really give a good temperature reading (though by the time it decides to slow down, your fingers would feel like pain, suffering and burning). You may have to get a third-party program to measure the temperatures respectably. If the performance starts taking a hit as the temps hit a certain threshold, it's time to work on your thermal dissipation.

Thank you.  There is someone with a bit of intelligence on the forums.

I would suspect either © or (e).

For ©, I would just compare your specs to others in the forum, but I don't think WF is THAT demanding.

I really think its (e).  If you start up and run fine for 2 minutes, it means your hardware is capable or running it.  There are two programs I would grab to monitor CPU and GPU temp.

CPU -- "Core Temp"

GPU -- "GPU Temp"

Your CPU shouldnt get hotter than 80C or you might have problems (if it hits 90+ you definitely have a problem)

Your GPU can get a bit hotter (larger physical die, so the heat/area is a bit lower) and I would only start REALLY worrying if its hitting 100C

Althought in both cases, your manufacturer may limit its max temperature.  My girlfriend has an AMD Phenom with a TJ Max (Thermal Junction max temperature) of only 70C.  My Core i5 has a TJ Max of 100C.  She is experiencing throttling around 65C.

You can log your temperatures with these two programs.  You want to play the game for about half an hour to get enough data.  What you are looking for are sharp dips in temperature on CPU or GPU, which indicated the part is throttled and its clock rate (i.e. performance) is reduced to lower the temperature of the aprt.

Thats mean on 32bit oc the ram limit is only 2 GB thats all I thnik its 4GB obauth temperatur its fine no shutering or somthing like that only game I hawe problem is Warframe to compare lets say DC univers online I hawe to maxed setings and no lags nothing :) so only this lag !

Warframe memory usage 662 704kb! 

Is ther way to fix windows mode crash all time I hawe to play win mode not on full mode

For ©, I would just compare your specs to others in the forum, but I don't think WF is THAT demanding.

I really think its (e).  If you start up and run fine for 2 minutes, it means your hardware is capable or running it.  There are two programs I would grab to monitor CPU and GPU temp.

CPU -- "Core Temp"

GPU -- "GPU Temp"

Your CPU shouldnt get hotter than 80C or you might have problems (if it hits 90+ you definitely have a problem)

Your GPU can get a bit hotter (larger physical die, so the heat/area is a bit lower) and I would only start REALLY worrying if its hitting 100C

Althought in both cases, your manufacturer may limit its max temperature.  My girlfriend has an AMD Phenom with a TJ Max (Thermal Junction max temperature) of only 70C.  My Core i5 has a TJ Max of 100C.  She is experiencing throttling around 65C.

You can log your temperatures with these two programs.  You want to play the game for about half an hour to get enough data.  What you are looking for are sharp dips in temperature on CPU or GPU, which indicated the part is throttled and its clock rate (i.e. performance) is reduced to lower the temperature of the aprt.

I will lock on thoes temp on gpu and cpu for now its cpu 85c and gpu is on 35c for now ! 

I will lock on thoes temp on gpu and cpu for now its cpu 85c and gpu is on 35c for now ! 

85c CPU might explain it.  Your best bet is to find an aftermarket CPU cooler that fits the core2duo socket.  I assume you are using the stock cooler, which is pretty terrible (except the core i stock coolers...they arent that bad, surprisingly).

Edit:  To sanity check, open the side of your case and put a giant box fan pointing onto your CPU.  If you can run for longer than 2 minutes without problems...its definitely heat and you should get a new cooler.

Edited by honeybadger

CPU -- "Core Temp"

GPU -- "GPU Temp"

hey now, didnt I suspect the Video card too? here's my quoted response;

Wow medium on a GT220? High settings give my system a run for its money, and I got 16 gb of ram with a fx8320 and a 560Ti.

I think your graphics card and ram jsut cant keep up. Lower settings, and get a ram upgrade.

But off hand (I cant remember atm) isnt Vista's 32bit ram cap 4 gb? or was that xp...

The only thing I didnt think of was heat, which dusty heatsinks *could* contribute. But I really think its the 220 causing the issues. my 2 cents.

Sounds like you got em backwards, GPU at 85*C sounds about normalish for the 200 series, especially for a mini card with a slim heatsink. Could be wrong.

Processor temps at 35*C idling should be normal too I think.

Course, make sure you get your temp readings at load (preferably in Warframe). A good tool is HWiNFO32, as it will log your highest and lowest temperatures while giving you real time temp readings on die and at the socket (if your motherboard supports it)

My 2 cents again.

EDIT: HWiNFO32 will keep track of HDD and GPU temps aswell, not to mention report fan speeds and voltages across your board/GPU. This all is if your hardware supports it, of course. http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html Thats the offical site for the tool, scanned with ESET Smart Security 6 with no viruses or malware.

EDIT 2: Core 2 Duo should be on the 775 socket (unless its REALLY old), so if the heatsink supports LGA 775 it should work. Infact, did they even make core 2s on the 478 socket?

Also, heres a good heatsink (in my experience, but if you find cheaper a one that work just as good, lemme know) Also, I know I linked MC but that czu MC is close to me, and I was ab it lazy to look em up on Newegg...

http://www.microcenter.com/product/305926/Hyper_N520_Universal_CPU_Cooler

I used ot use one of these before I got my h70. Its a great heatsink, but a bit tall.

If in doubt, measure your case's width and make sure the new sink will fit.

Sorry for the wall of text

Edited by MilesCadre

-snip-

My apologizes to some of the other more constructive posters with the over-generalization of everybody who has ever replied in this thread. Missing sleepyzor's one is also an inexcusable miss on my part. I wasn't too impressed with some of the earlier replies, and had to take a few minutes to do a spider purge of my surroundings before I could finish my post. 

We Australians have not had any fatalities from funnel-web spiders in decades, and I had no intention of breaking this tradition.

85c CPU might explain it.  Your best bet is to find an aftermarket CPU cooler that fits the core2duo socket.  I assume you are using the stock cooler, which is pretty terrible (except the core i stock coolers...they arent that bad, surprisingly).

Edit:  To sanity check, open the side of your case and put a giant box fan pointing onto your CPU.  If you can run for longer than 2 minutes without problems...its definitely heat and you should get a new cooler.

CPU is on 85c and its stable and gpu is only on 40c and its sable !

My apologizes to some of the other more constructive posters with the over-generalization of everybody who has ever replied in this thread. Missing sleepyzor's one is also an inexcusable miss on my part. I wasn't too impressed with some of the earlier replies, and had to take a few minutes to do a spider purge of my surroundings before I could finish my post. 

We Australians have not had any fatalities from funnel-web spiders in decades, and I had no intention of breaking this tradition.

You're perfectly fine! I just wanted to say "I helped." Blame my Ego, I do. Also, I checked out them 2 tools and theyre great tools, I'll probably be runnin em as a failsafe along side HWiNFO

CPU is on 85c and its stable and gpu is only on 40c and its sable !

ok so you DIDNT get em backwards.

As honey said your sink probably isnt functioning properly. Make sure theres no dust, and the fans spinning. If its not spinning, its time for a new heatsink.