The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance

AOD_QUBI

Your processor needs upgrading, as does your video card. I recommend:

Processor - AMD Phenom II x965 Black Edition Quad Core 3.4ghz

Video Card - Radeon HD 6850 or 6750. Something around there.

Not that expensive, but you'll get good performance in multitudes of games save for the Crysis series and some of Planetside 2.

Also, consider getting a larger computer case for cooling.

Edited by EpsilonJackal

CPU is on 85c and its stable and gpu is only on 40c and its sable !

What does this mean?

You put a box fan on your computer and these are the temperatures you are reading and the game is running fine?  If so, fantastic!  A lot of strange computer problems are heat related.  Go get a computer cooler asap!  May I suggest http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065.  This is what I use and the highest I have seen my core i5 (ivy bridge) hit is 41C while playing warframe :)

Not that expensive, but you'll get good performance in multitudes of games save for the Crysis series and some of Planetside 2.

No, it doesnt.  Its a heating issue and can be solved for about $30, instead of an entire new computer.

On a simple game such as TF2, my FPS went from 15-20 to 100+ after upgrading my processor from a 2.1ghz Dual Core to said processor above.

Doesnt matter.  Of COURSE a new computer will solve his problem.  He stated that the game runs fine for 2 minutes.  Which means that as far as he is concerned, his hardware works just fine until ideal conditions.

Sory for bad english buth I say again on my pc I can run Crysis hunter on medium setings bf3 medium-low buth this game just lag :(

I even try canyourunit website and ther is green so I can play buth nothing any other idea?

Also, consider getting a larger computer case for cooling.

Cuz he has about 350-400$ to upgrade his pc. The core 2 duo will do what ne needs jsut fine. And tbh, for the price fo a phenom 2 965, I'd rather get a FX 6300. But thats my opinion.

What does this mean?

You put a box fan on your computer and these are the temperatures you are reading and the game is running fine?  If so, fantastic!  A lot of strange computer problems are heat related.  Go get a computer cooler asap!  May I suggest http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065.  This is what I use and the highest I have seen my core i5 (ivy bridge) hit is 41C while playing warframe :)

No, it doesnt.  Its a heating issue and can be solved for about $30, instead of an entire new computer.

Its a shame the EVO doesnt come with a 775 bracket, but yea, the 212 is a good heatsink. I wish I could still get my first one, it was a ever cool for liek 20$ and worked fantastic. Woulda been perfect for him here. highest I seen on my temps dduring WF maxed out is 38*C on die (45*c socket) for the processor and 76*C on the GPU

So it would seem WF is CPU intensive? just a thought. If so, time to get a intel XD

On a simple game such as TF2, my FPS went from 15-20 to 100+ after upgrading my processor from a 2.1ghz Dual Core to said processor above.

Thats great for you, but he doesnt have the budget, I assure you. His partlist for making what he has work would be 30$ for a heatsink (andi nthe case of a 212, its universal)

for a new processor, lets see what he'd have;

Processor: Phenom II 965 BE @ 95$

Mobo: (CHEAPEST, which I'd never do) @ 45$

Heatsink (ironic, no?): 30$

Graphix: Didnt you mention a 6850? Those run about 170-200$. a 6750 is 110-140$.

yea I'm gonna go with get a heatsink first and see if that does the trick. if not, you can get a new motherboard and processor and use said heatsink for the new getup. and if it still dont work, then a new card is in order.

Sorry to be rude, epsilon, but not everyone has 300+$ to throw at a pc without trying all options first.

Sory for bad english buth I say again on my pc I can run Crysis hunter on medium setings bf3 medium-low buth this game just lag :(

I even try canyourunit website and ther is green so I can play buth nothing any other idea?

Bad english no problem.  Just trying to help.

So you are no longer overheating and now the game is running slower than you would expect?  If so, I have heard that before and its a matter of the Warframe engine being poorly optimized at the moment.

If other games work fine, then it may just be a matter of waiting for optimizations (which is a terrible answer, I know).  There is one thing you can try -- do you have PhysX enabled?  On underpowered hardware, PhysX just destroys performance.

Doesnt matter.  Of COURSE a new computer will solve his problem.  He stated that the game runs fine for 2 minutes.  Which means that as far as he is concerned, his hardware works just fine until ideal conditions.

To further elaborate : any idiot can solve any problem by throwing enough money at it. The challenge is to spend as least as possible while still getting what you need done.

This is why (experienced) engineers (in theory) get paid the big bucks. Working under budget, time, material and personnel limitations under less-than-ideal circumstances.

So it would seem WF is CPU intensive? just a thought. If so, time to get a intel XD

I constantly have SpeedFan running on my second monitor, and my CPU temp is also consistently higher than my GPU temp by about 20'C. If I was to take a stab in the dark, it could be all the "debug routines" programmers talk about in pre-release products.

To further elaborate : any idiot can solve any problem by throwing enough money at it. The challenge is to spend as least as possible while still getting what you need done.

This is why (experienced) engineers (in theory) get paid the big bucks. Working under budget, time, material and personnel limitations under less-than-ideal circumstances.

I constantly have SpeedFan running on my second monitor, and my CPU temp is also consistently higher than my GPU temp by about 20'C. If I was to take a stab in the dark, it could be all the "debug routines" programmers talk about in pre-release products.

As to your first part, thats why I repaired my 175$ motherboard with scotch tape and come copper speaker wire XD No joke! the CPU 12v circuit blew due to a faulty power supply so I just mended the circuit with what I had on hand and 5 years later its still running strong.

And as to your second part, thats probably why then, I forgot all about the background debugging stuff they do and background reporting stuff.

EDIT: and so I dont have to quote honey, Physx defintiely will break the 220. I learned that the hard way, so make sure its off.

Edited by MilesCadre

Bad english no problem.  Just trying to help.

So you are no longer overheating and now the game is running slower than you would expect?  If so, I have heard that before and its a matter of the Warframe engine being poorly optimized at the moment.

If other games work fine, then it may just be a matter of waiting for optimizations (which is a terrible answer, I know).  There is one thing you can try -- do you have PhysX enabled?  On underpowered hardware, PhysX just destroys performance.

no no hawe PhysX  enable ! and I am not expert on this buth all game I try go fine wery nice ! Maby you can tel me how fix windows mode on my game I try all ways try alt+enter out of range buth resalution is not out its 1024x768 and same one game buth its say its out of range when try to go full mode

no no hawe PhysX  enable ! and I am not expert on this buth all game I try go fine wery nice ! Maby you can tel me how fix windows mode on my game I try all ways try alt+enter out of range buth resalution is not out its 1024x768 and same one game buth its say its out of range when try to go full mode

I can try!

My troubleshooting steps would be this:

1) Find your current desktop resolution (i.e. what resolution you are using in windows)

2) Put this resolution into Warframe under the "Windowed" option and apply.  The new size wont fit well, its ok.

3) Change "windowed" to "windowed fullscreen" (might be called "borderless windowed", I cant remember).  This is just to make sure switching window modes in warframe works ok.

4) Change to "fullscreen" with the resolution the same as step (1).

I cannot remember if there is a "refresh rate" option in those menus.  If there is, set it to 50 or 60 depending on your monitor (probably 60)

The "out of range" error is usually caused by one of three things:

1) Resolution too high

2) Resolution too low

3) Refresh rate incorrect

(1) and (3) are most likely, and since you are trying 1024x768 (which ALL monitors will support), my instinct tells me that something with your refresh rate is messed up.

same :( refresh rate is on 60hz

When the monitor says out of range.  Can you take a picture of it and post it here?  There could be some useful information in it.  While you are at it, post a picture of your Windows resolution settings and your Warframe resolution settings.

We are just missing something simple here.

Resalution is 1024x768 refresh rate 60mhz desktop game I set up on 1024x768 ! in windows mode all god buth when It ry swich to full mode show up   

Blac screen up and say out of Range

Can you take a picture of the monitor when it says "Out of range"?  Usually there is information as to what it was trying to do when it failed.

EDIT:  Also, it might be time to file a support ticket and reference this thread -- it has a lot of background information for the Support team.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/home

Edited by honeybadger

just black screan and blue text out of Range thats all only way get back to desktop alt+F4 thats all

I'm curious, what make / model of monitor are you using? There should be a label on the back near the power and input cables, if it's not shown on the bezel or in your display settings.

The replies are just terrible, uneducated, uninformed and completely unhelpful thus far. Congratulations, you've made me break my lurker status.

I feel sad that you think so :( 

That being said, you talked about dust, etc for the heatsink.

But please before spending on new parts, I'd like to point two things:

1) check your cooler's screw. make sure they are very thight but before that

2) check your thermalpaste. If it's (very) dark grey and dry-looking, this may be the cause. Dry thermalpaste was a cpu killer on many pc i've repaired.

As far as I know, C2Duo is kind of fine when cooled down with a stock cooler.

As for spending as less as possible, the minimum requirements for a GPU is the HD5450, which I bought for 40$.

That's about it on the hardware side.

Also, you may want to try a RamDisk to add a pagefile. 

Technical specifications in this spoiler.

Usually, a page file is created on your C:, pagefile being virtual memory.

By being written on the disk, this virtual memory access speed is limited by the drive's speed, which, at best, go around 70mb/s, 500mb/s if it's a SSD. That RamDisk reads at 6gb/s. About 8 times faster.

You basically will create a virtual hard disk out of physical memory to use virtual memory. 

Most systems that I have installed it on really benefits from it (even my $1.5k rig) on the every day, to a small cost in startup time (has to load the disk itself)

If you are interested in doing this, I shall help. Creating the disk is not the hard part, but getting the pagefile on the drive and keeping it there can prove rather time consuming when you're not used to it.

http://memory.dataram.com/__downloads/memory/ramdisk/Dataram_RAMDisk_v4_0_5_RC0.msi

Tnx guys for replie this topic can be close now I solve my problem with my resalutopn and performance! (For thoes who hawe same thing just Go save mode when star pc prest F8 and then go save mode select your resalution what youw ant and restart pc then go normal mode and uala all done hawe fun in full mode game no more ut of range mesage .....    Performance I get back after delite my video card driver and let my win7 download driver and now I can play on medium my game