The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p Sprint Slide Spam

Mentosftw

I don't get why you guys keep downvoting FatalX7. His arguments seem perfectly sound, if not valid as I do not know the facts too well myself.

I for one am glad sprint slide spamming is done for, it was being spammed everywhere and looked ridiculous. With wallruns/jumps one would actually need to find viable spots to attempt and experiment, for me its not only way more fun but I'm sure its more in sync what the devs have in mind for players.

As for utilising sprint sliding for tough fights/running, I don't see why one can't just learn to time dodges and actually use the already implemented sprint/stamina mods. Besides, wallruns/jumps and dodges are also way cooler.

I don't get why you guys keep downvoting FatalX7. His arguments seem perfectly sound, if not valid as I do not know the facts too well myself. I for one am glad sprint slide spamming is done for, it was being spammed everywhere and looked ridiculous. With wallruns/jumps one would actually need to find viable spots to attempt and experiment, for me its not only way more fun but I'm sure its more in sync what the devs have in mind for players. As for utilising sprint sliding for tough fights/running, I don't see why one can't just learn to time dodges and actually use the already implemented sprint/stamina mods. Besides, wallruns/jumps and dodges are also way cooler.

Probably because I'm being really blunt and sarcastic about the whole thing.

Like I mentioned before, it's probably because I, and others, have been here for longer and played perfectly fine and had a great time without any of this. I'm sure there are older members who utilized this and enjoyed it, too, but still.

Edited by FatalX7

The engine's freedom of movement + the statistics of a weapon = shooting you across the screen = a basic aspect of the game?

Seriously?

It's official, this game is now GunZ. Even more so, since both communities are complaining about the removal of unintended glitches.

The last thing we need is K-Style.

I use dagger skating to dodge. You had to do that in some high level stuff solo cause the ROF stuff would just flatten you if you weren't in a tank Frame.

Also it made Tank Frames not too bad, either. I liked it. I never did the crouch spam thing. I use dagger skating as a closing move. Dash in, and sometimes I might kill a few guys in passing then shoot some up ahead. If anything it was more of a bridge. 

It used stamina. For the sprint + sword swing. So I had stamina mods and stamina regain mods so I could move fast. 

I don't see the problem with dagger skating. If anything it made the game really fun as I had to react blazingly fast.

I don't want the game to become a cover-shooter. That's so entirely boring..

the pull of this game for me was the fact I could mix it up and be in the middle tearing it up.

not cowering behind a box.

Wrong game but this motto applies here:

Cover is for the weak! :P

Sometimes I like to think that there are different development teams that work on different things.

Because it... is...? Have you tried wallrunning? That's a serious question, because if you've seen it firsthand, you'd see that it could use some fine-tuning in some areas.

1. I wasn't saying that ego was the actual reason that the developers made for the decision. That should've been obvious. It was a counter argument for your hypothetical reasoning.

2. An individual development team for slide cancelling and then another individual team for other character movements? Maybe if DE was horribly mismanaged and was wasting money on extra developers that they didn't need.

---- 

What does the animation even have to do with how fast you end up? Even if you smoothed out the animation, we're still talking about the final speed you're jumping off the wall at being one of the fastest movements in the game. I'm not sure how you're making the connection there.

Probably because I'm being really blunt and sarcastic about the whole thing.

Like I mentioned before, it's probably because I, and others, have been here for longer and played perfectly fine and had a great time without any of this. I'm sure there are older members who utilized this and enjoyed it, too, but still.

Wallrunning was getting a lot of attention and praise and everyone wanted more of it. You can't have ninja without it. So, they gave us more of it and started making it a little more necessary in the new maps.

It's supposed to be a big part of the game and this little glitch isn't. Seeing some people not even trying to use what they gave us and relying on something they didn't want to give us is just, honestly... a little disheartening.

Going by the post counts and usernames, I'm not seeing many familiar, longer-time folks in protest of removing it. :/

I'm glad it's removed, and I hope the other other one is removed as well. Aside from it being disheartening, it just irritates me to see jerkhole rushers screwing over their squad.

DE keeps trying to deter rushing with special enemies, laser doors, mission aborting and extraction requirements... and then rushers just get another tool to allow them to do it even more.

Going by the post counts and usernames, I'm not seeing many familiar, longer-time folks in protest of removing it. :/

Why do things like post count and usernames even matter? Like it makes any difference on the weight of your opinion.

Why do things like post count and usernames even matter? Like it makes any difference on the weight of your opinion.

It doesn't. I never mentioned one thing about that.

I'm talking about the actual length of time that people have played the game and been a member of the community. "it's probably because I, and others, have been here for longer" "not seeing familiar, longer-time folks"

I'm talking about the actual length of time that people have played the game and been a member of the community. "it's probably because I, and others, have been here for longer" "not seeing familiar, longer-time folks"

Some of us just didn't start posting right away but followed the game since day one, specifically because it was a DE game. Still I don't think any people being here longer or shorter makes a difference.

Edited by BloodDoll

You heavy implied it and even those things shouldn't matter. Everyone is playing the same game and everyone should be able to make their own opinions.

Edited by DishSoap

You heavy implied it and even those things shouldn't matter. Everyone is playing the same game and everyone should be able to make their own opinions.

I heavily implied it? How?

And of course everyone should be able to make their own opinions. (Doesn't mean that anybody has to like it) That's... pretty much what I've said. I've been here longer, therefore I feel this way about it and I think it sucks.

I meant to include Join Dates as well, since I check those out of curiosity from time to time. It was just an observation and I said "maybe" and "probably" both times I brought it up. I debated even mentioning it, but I did it anyway.

To clarify.

Edited by FatalX7

Did you just insult me? Well... why? I'm not making a big deal out of anything. Other people are complaining about it and I'm talking with those people, along with replying to other threads about Sentinels.

Running, sliding and melee is a basic aspect of the game, but using the statistics and modifications of a weapon in addition with that to fling you across the screen is not and people played just perfectly without it.

I think you should come down, instead of using vulgarity and making claims about someone that you don't know.

gotta lool, did he Matriarch you?

lol

anyway yeh id be one (guilty by some of doing such small indescretions) who used the sprint slide, but what the heck if its gone bad luck to all the rushers you just lost tankers, and well i dont mind, ill just use my marathon to run that far ahead do whats needed and turn missions in.

ps Fatal, getting abused in any manner over an opinion really is $&*&*#(%&, keep saying what you believe even if some people dont agree.

Wallrunning was getting a lot of attention and praise and everyone wanted more of it. You can't have ninja without it. So, they gave us more of it and started making it a little more necessary in the new maps.

It's supposed to be a big part of the game and this little glitch isn't. Seeing some people not even trying to use what they gave us and relying on something they didn't want to give us is just, honestly... a little disheartening.

I'm glad it's removed, and I hope the other other one is removed as well. Aside from it being disheartening, it just irritates me to see jerkhole rushers screwing over their squad.

DE keeps trying to deter rushing with special enemies, laser doors, mission aborting and extraction requirements... and then rushers just get another tool to allow them to do it even more.

i been here for awhile, i liked it .. :P but can live without it, really only tried it in the last few days, love my rhino n all but a tanker that cant keep up is really no tanker at all if more mods are spent on speed and vitality, hmm i mean choices are to be a great tanker and fall behind a team, or be a faster but weaker tanker that really cant tank as much. of course if teams didnt just run like it was the point of a mission that the first home is the winner and waited wouldnt be a prob. most times im the only tanker in a session and the rest run which leaves me so far behind,brings me to play solo (which can be hard at times) or in private (only got 1 friend who plays). i like to play online,

not complaining really but perhaps a reconfigure on Rhino speed would be apropriate rather than people using glitches.

thoughts?

Edited by Deek

just FYI guys, you can still slide dash. The change only put a brief cooldown time on the speed boost you gained from dashing. If you aren't chainspamming slides this should barely affect you.

Also the super walljump is an animation bug as far as I can tell, very similar to the zoren super leap, where having the animation end before the proper velocity control part of the coding comes into play causes massive acceleration that doesn't get removed when it should.

I personally much prefer the wall jump version, although it could stand to have the acceleration tuned down a bit on it, its rather extreme when done right, and of course get a cleaned up animation.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

Many games work very well with emergent gameplay and I would say improved gameplay at the top end because of it.

Quake had rocket jumping and strafe jumping.

Tribes had skiing.

Gunz had k-style/butterfly.

Smash Bros Melee had wave dashing.

Street Fighter 2 had 2-in-1s, or what is more commonly known as move cancelling now in fighting games. This is practically a core game mechanic now in pretty much all fighting games now.

So on and so forth.

In comparison to these examples, Warframe slide-cancelling is nothing, less even since Warframe isn't PVP. In light of these examples, are you going to argue that emergent gameplay from unintended glitches should never be allowed and denied in all cases?

This actually kind of turns me off that they're patching things like these.  It's called skilful movement, and is what made those games you listed (namely Gunz, Quake and Tribes) special.  I was hoping Warframe would keep things the community found out, and it could have its own place in that list.

I've already watched a ton of videos and read tutorials. I just am not good at it for some reason. Other games that have wallrunning, I cannot play either. I think it's due to an injury in my wrist.  Sorry my inability to wallrun well, made you feel the need to post some sort of image response quoting me. 

You can wave dash but you can't wall-run?  Something seems fishy here..

This actually kind of turns me off that they're patching things like these.  It's called skilful movement, and is what made those games you listed (namely Gunz, Quake and Tribes) special.  I was hoping Warframe would keep things the community found out, and it could have its own place in that list.

It doesn't add anything compelling or anything more than what we have like those games. People loved the hell out of the game without it and had no problems playing, so I don't see how there should be any problems when it's removed.

You can do a ton of more skillful movement without it. There are a lot of hidden combos and skills you can do that don't derp up the engine's physics. You should give it a try. I'm being serious, that's real encouragement. Wallrunning is freakin' fun and it looks awesome! You can be so creative with it!