Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refining Zorencoptering Aka Removing The Zorens From Zorencoptering

Vanadium

Yeah, that's what I said. I even said that's what I said. But all I want to see removed is the way it is currently implemented and replaced with something more sensible, more polished, and that can be balanced and tailored. People want to rush invasions/event/vault runs/etc. I get it. I rush through some of it, too. I've been staring at some of these tilesets for over a year. But DE has admitted that it's kind of an accepted glitch, and there should be a point where an accepted glitch becomes a fully implemented, polished mechanic, just like skiing in Tribes.

I also asked you, "Like this?"

And you didn't really answer. You're not really explaining your idea in a way that's easily visualized. I'm not sure what a "flight move" is.

Also, I don't want to see melee weapons turned into decorations on your back again, existing solely to "go fast". They just became viable for killing stuff and I'm really enjoying it, even if it's not perfect.

They already removed it once. It's definitely not "baked", whatever that means.

I feel like my point is being missed: I want a version of zorencoptering that is refined, cooler, worked on, and makes sense. That's it. That involves separating it from slide attacks probably, yeah, and it would probably be fine.

I'm not disagreeing with you. :P

I'm also not giving overt details as I believe my idea as generalized enough to get the point across.

If you wish, though, sure... I'll go into a bit of detail.

DE's made it clear that they're not going to remove zorencoptering. So... with that in mind...

Instead of making quick weapons with high rotational speed the only method of coptering... instead, give each weapon / type of weapon it's own airborne "burst" move. (like zorencoptering is now) that's specific to it's movements.

Basically a wall attack in the air. Give each weapon (or set of weapons) it's own value for this parkour move.

Remove attack speed as the defining attribute for increasing the speed / distance and instead allow specific mods to adjust that stat.

This would force players to make the choice of damage / speed / airburst move etc. instead of just damage / speed (as it currently stands)

All of this stems from the fact that DE has stated they won't be removing zorencoptering. 

You can base all this off of the weapon and not the warframe, or have the warframe affect the weapon by a multiplier in addition. 

i.e. frost is a 0.7 to whatever the weapon's base "airburst" move is and loki is 1.1 etc. 

hell, you could just have the sprint speed modifier affect the airburst.

personally, i really don't care one way or the other, i'd just like to see zorencoptering polished to something other than what it is now.

-snip-

Ah, I misunderstood your position, sorry.

Though, I'm still not sold on weapons being central to "newcoptering" (or whatever)

Yeah I got that part as well, but since there isn't a name for your proposed mechanic I still called it coptering, should've put it between quotes.

Yeah, I should probably stop calling it "coptering" too, if it's not really coptering anymore. "Boosting"? I dunno.

I think its gonna be a direction they might have to get soon... i love coptering all over the place, they gotta thread lightly though you don't want to ruin the "feel" of this... its kinda funny how i still use Zorens over anything else in this game,  it also helps that the combo of dual swords are very good...

i think a solution is just to add an airdash but also keep zorencopter as an alternate. airdash (like pressing jump twice) is not a mod its just inate parkour ability its affected by mods and warframe speed

Edited by kaz3n

maybe in the kind of blade and soul that would be S#&$loads of epicness? it maybe shouldnt jump that ridicoulously high - but even a bit in that direction would be soo much appreciated by me.

Well, that game looks fun. Signing up for that newsletter.

But that was kind of what I was getting at with just "ninja-jumping". I mean, we're wearing these super-future exoskeletons (or are they wearing us?!), I don't understand why we're not rushing/jumping around like in a Crysis game (other than tile size) all the time. Excalibro's Superjump is the closest we get.

I hope DE's art team get's the resources to make bigger environments someday...