The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nerf Wave Dashing?!

Teishu

:C please just make it apart of the game and not completely ruin the sole reason that made war frame bearable. everyone could do it, its not like it provided an unfair advantage over pubs. Just make it a special maneuver. pls :C... i mean some of us spent hours mastering the timing required to k walk/wave dash. it wasn't even something that people really complained about. i aint even complaining about why Vor farming was patched or that you cant abort. thats all reasonable. but...getting rid of wave dashing/kwalking. what have you done. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE >:C. 

EDIT: they had the same "problem" in GUNZ. they left it in and it later became a well loved aspect of the game. actually made the games heaps more fun.

Edited by Teishu

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

1. For those that used it, it threw the game out of whack by making stamina mods like Marathon and Quick Rest almost entirely obsolete (!!!)

2. It was clearly an unintended glitch

3. It looked ridiculous

Edited by HvcTerr

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

1. For those that used it, it threw the game out of whack by making stamina mods like Marathon and Quick Rest almost entirely obsolete (!!!)

2. It was clearly an unintended glitch

3. It looked ridiculous

^ This, especially bullet point #3. That is all.

:C please just make it apart of the game and not completely ruin the sole reason that made war frame bearable. everyone could do it, its not like it provided an unfair advantage over pubs. Just make it a special maneuver. pls :C... i mean some of us spent hours mastering the timing required to k walk/wave dash. it wasn't even something that people really complained about. i aint even complaining about why Vor farming was patched or that you cant abort. thats all reasonable. but...getting rid of wave dashing/kwalking. what have you done. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE >:C. 

Why nerf it? Well you are attracting no Tenno suitors with that ugly butt-drag across every inch of known charted space. I could do it just fine but never used it because it looks hideous in action and was so obviously an exploit.

Edited by RawGritz

sprint-crouch-jump-crouch got hammered and now looks even sillier than wave dashing.  I end up jumping from a slide and flying along in a slide move then either poofing upright or sling shoting way the frack faster than wave dashing until I hit a wall ><.

I'll be honest, I understand why Wavedashing was removed and that doesn't really bother me, but it makes me sad that the methods of mobility that actually made the game more fun to me have been removed.  I didn't use Wavedashing to speed through pub games or anything, I used it because it was a simple but satisfying input that increased the amount of fun I had while just moving around.  It made every aspect of the game a little better than it already was for me.  Same with sprint-crouch-jump-crouch.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

they're already entirely irrelevant to the current gameplay/design.  8 ranks for sprinting 2 more sec ? yeah right, let me have 250% more shield instead.

the crouch-sprint-crouch move was actually quite fun and had a learning curve, it required a good timing and practice to achieve something that did make moving through the same corridors again and again a bit less boring.

Instead we have other moves that are cool but don't really achieve anything. i mean seriously,  i get bashed to the ground by melee mobs when i'm high in the air in the middle of front flip jump, how freaking ridiculous is that ? not to say it makes that jump completely useless.

it feels like the devs are like "it'd be would if players could jump there, do that etc" but they don't actually think of implemting it in the game design by making it relevant and useful 

ps: this kind of moves are called emergent gameplay , a famous exemple would be the bunny hopping from half life or the rocket jump from quake which weren't intended and are now implemented in lot nervous fps games as a feature.

Edited by Soulfighter

they're already entirely irrelevant to the current gameplay/design.  8 ranks for sprinting 2 more sec ? yeah right, let me have 250% more shield instead.

And the developers ought to fix that, and nerfing stamina-less-fast-movement is a crucial step in the right direction. 

ps: this kind of moves are called emergent gameplay , a famous exemple would be the bunny hopping from half life or the rocket jump from quake which weren't intended and are now implemented in lot nervous fps games as a feature.

People glitching through walls to kill their opponents is also "emergent gameplay", so don't wield the phrase as if it were a magical get-out-of-debate-free card.

For every single example of those types, there are a hundred game-breaking bugs and exploits which game developers have thankfully smashed-flat that nobody bothers remembering.

i'm not letting my post sink, people and devs need to read it and stop ruining games by getting rid of actual good game mechanics

Obviously it was unintended use of game mechanics hence they removed it otherwise they would have left it if they wanted it used. Taking hours to "master" abuse of game mechanics they don't want then whining that they fixed it is stupid. If you want to wave dash go play Super Smash Bros.

OMG a EXPLOITED BUG getting fixed ? HOW THAT HAPPENS !

^ this.

i'm not letting my post sink, people and devs need to read it and stop ruining games by getting rid of actual good game mechanics

This reminds me of the time when WarRock (F2P online shooter) had its lean mechanic fixed - the mechanic was glitched so that you could lean 'around' a corner while being 95% invisible to any enemy in front of you. Then you could shoot them at your leisure while they had no chance to retaliate.

When this was finally fixed, guess how many people came running to mommy (i.e. the official forums), crying about how the developers just got rid of a core game mechanic...

Yes, I realize that in this game, you're not actively harming anyone by wave-dashing. Either way, glitches should not be left in the game simply because a couple of players think they're cool.

Edited by BlueSpark

Quick snap slides still gives me a good momentum boost. You just need to expand your movement arsenal to find speed. My utmost suggestion is to bind sprint to the primary mouse button, and crouch toggle to an ancillary mouse button. Subtle minutiae in your clicking rhythms can create exhilarihating effects. I barely notice the nerf to the slide mechanic. Snap aerial forward flips are my favorite speed maneuver. I rarely see that one executed in play.

^ this.

This reminds me of the time when WarRock (F2P online shooter) had its lean mechanic fixed - the mechanic was glitched so that you could lean 'around' a corner while being 95% invisible to any enemy in front of you. Then you could shoot them at your leisure while they had no chance to retaliate.

When this was finally fixed, guess how many people came running to mommy (i.e. the official forums), crying about how the developers just got rid of a core game mechanic...

Yes, I realize that in this game, you're not actively harming anyone by wave-dashing. Either way, glitches should not be left in the game simply because a couple of players think they're cool.

I'm not the original poster and you obviously didn't actually read what i wrote about emergent gameplay. Do you realize that if developpers would have "fixed" these mechanics we wouldn't have bunny hopping, rocket jumping or even combo in fighting games ? (yes, combos were invented by players and it wasnt supposed to happen in the first place)

an exploit needs to be fixed, a bug needs to be fixed.  That wasn't a bug, the slide still gives you a speed boost and you can still sprint crouch sprint crouch, they just put a couple more second of delay between 2 slides.  This slide has absolutly nothing to do with your exemple which is simply a gamebreaking exploit.

stop being so freaking condescendant when you don't know what this wave dashing is.  I'm fighting for this game future here, not because i can't go 20% faster when i run in corridors (who gives a S#&$ about speed in warframe, it has no actual impact on game balance, it just make it less boring)

Edited by Soulfighter