Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support Weapons,

kaidedshard

like every one should be able to have a support weapon. this could be a hand granade like the grineer have. to a stationary turret, to a stationary defence shield. that suround a small area in a bubble that you can stand inside. to a grappling hook that can be launched and pull you out of harms way.  neural vision that high lights targets like night vision mixed with xray vision would.  

I think they were sort of getting at this with the power system.  Some frames are just more support based than others. Frost is a support beast, Ember has grenades, a satchel charge, and a tactical nuclear bomb kit. Volt has the shield.  It would get kinda boring to give all frames access to all support powers.  It would also get rid of each frame's unique take on each situation.

I could like a pet class, with mobile or stationary pets or turrets. Grenades could be a consumable in the inventory, 500 credits a pop or something.

But a grappling hook could be sweet. Climb stuff, shoot enemies' head for stun, shoot them in leg to trip them, shoot them in hand to disarm them, shoot them in chest to rip out their heart... okay, maybe that would be too powerful. :P

Edited by Alienami

My impression of a 'support weapon' is a weapon which replaces a primary or secondary weapon which serves a support purpose. Thus, sacrificing firepower for the sake of filling a support role.

Examples of support weapons can be guns that fire rays that restore health to allies, tranquilizer darts to put enemies to sleep for a long duration, etc.

I've seen several suggestions made for having sold support gadgets, and I'm not sure if they're going to be implemented.