Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Account Warframe Selection

PapaKicks

Right now choosing a warframe of the three starters is extremely punishing. I began with an Exacilber thinking I could change at anytime. After about a day I realized I never used Exacilber's skills, so I should change warframes.

I could not delete the Exacilber and choose a new one.

Which meant:
- I could continue with Exaliber and farm the mats, blueprints, and wait for the warframe to build. Roughly 3 days worth of work, all spent on a warframe I no longer wanted to play.
- I could spend $50 to buy the one I really wanted.
- I could roll a new account (and lose all of my mods etc)

All of which are very unfriendly to the player.

An idea of how this SHOULD work is.

The starting three warframes should be FREE and available at anytime. Alternatively if you really want only one frame available for new accounts, then make it so that you must delete your original warframe to switch.

TLDR : The game should promote experimenting with the starting three warframes, not punish players for doing so.

Right now choosing a warframe of the three starters is extremely punishing. I began with an Exacilber thinking I could change at anytime. After about a day I realized I never used Exacilber's skills, so I should change warframes.

I could not delete the Exacilber and choose a new one.

Which meant:

- I could continue with Exaliber and farm the mats, blueprints, and wait for the warframe to build. Roughly 3 days worth of work, all spent on a warframe I no longer wanted to play.

- I could spend $50 to buy the one I really wanted.

- I could roll a new account (and lose all of my mods etc)

All of which are very unfriendly to the player.

An idea of how this SHOULD work is.

The starting three warframes should be FREE and available at anytime. Alternatively if you really want only one frame available for new accounts, then make it so that you must delete your original warframe to switch.

TLDR : The game should promote experimenting with the starting three warframes, not punish players for doing so.

- I could spend $50 to buy the one I really wanted.....

And the f2p business game profit model keeps rolling on.....

And the f2p business game profit model keeps rolling on.....

So I should spend $500 on this game to get one of each warframe? The prices in this game are ridiculous. I'm all for the f2p (though this is more like pay to win) business model, but the prices have to be reasonable. $50 for one warframe is not reasonable.

What? None of the warframes cost $50.

Don't get me wrong, the warframes are totally overpriced and there are plenty of topics urging DE to lower them. It's especially important in this case, because the current prices are detrimental to profit, really, and creates a bad impression on new players. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, considering how good they usually are about listening to player feedback.

Prepare for the %^*# storm.

(pay to win against whom, exactly?)

The enemies :D

Joke aside. OP if u don't know, the starter warframe can be bought for 75 plat which is around 5$ but that is not the point. I regret spending plats to buy some frames (Frost, Ember, Trinity, Mag, Banshee) instead of slot and Catalyst/Reactor. Its more fun fighting boss and crafting the frame than paying money to buy everything.

OP if u need help finding items to craft the frame you want. Add me in-game I will help you.

My apologies, I was looking at a bundle that was 600 plat. The most expensive warframe is still $25 though.

That said, most of you seem to have missed the point of this topic. It is to make the very, very beginning of gameplay more forgiving. It should be much easier (or just faster) to try out the three frames without penalty, even if you can only "keep" one.

I'm not talking about day three of gameplay, or even day two. Only the brand new players logging in for the first time. I had to make an entire new account just to try out another warframe.

My suggestion is simple, allow players to delete your warframe and select a new one if you desire. Right now it will not let you delete a warframe if you only have one.

My point wasn't actually kidding and is quite serious.

Your suggestion eliminates an opportunity for the consumer to experience buyer's remorse on a transactionless decision and thereby decide to spend a small sum on this game to correct said choice. The point of any f2p business model is to create instances where the consumer believes that spending actual money on the game can benefit their personal performance in some way without making it an overtly obvious "pay to win" situation.

If you can try out every mech from the get go, it reduces/removes the choice to pay for a "do-over" and can affect the overall money spent by consumers in the game.

While your decision would be more consumer/player friendly, it would also affect overall profits of this game. Hence, the business model roles on and will most likely (though not 100% absolutely) roll over your suggestion.

Completely disagree. In this business model you almost always get the customer 'hooked' before you have them whip out their wallet.

People aren't going to pay for a new warframe that early in the game. They will do what I did, and make a new account.