Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Heavy Melee Weapons Against Infect, Average (Not Useless) Against Others

Lanster

Question

At the moment I've got Dual Heat Swords and Scindo, but want to pick up another weapon good that's especially good against Infected. DHS's charge attack is great against the other factions who does not stun as often, but against Infected I  often find myself unable to charge up. Scindo is great against Infected, but the shake is too much after playing for a  while.

So guys, what are some good weapons against Infected, but will also be ok against other factions? I'm leaning towards weapons you'll use for normal attacks, but are not heavy (such as the Gram, Fragor etc) what causes shakes. 

Currently I'm thinking Dual Zoren for crits, or Amphis for stuns, or Ankyros. Anyone with recommendations on these or other weapons? 

7 answers to this question

I have level 30 dual zorens, supercharged with maxed mods for crit and melee damage.

I smokescreen with Ash and they don't do half of what my gram does normally. 

Dual zorens.. dun do it.

Dual Ether on the otherhand dem is tasty!

Normal attacks are really, really bad at the moment compared to charge attacks. There's just not really much reason to use anything other than high charge damage melee weapons, aside from Zorens for flying.

This actually brings up a question thats semi-on topic, if you don't mind me deviating for a bit. Since the consensus is that Charge attacks are the optimal approach to melee combat, does that mean that Gram is worthless outside of aesthetics? My understanding is that Gram and Scindo have the same charge attack speed and damage, but Scindo has longer reach, whereas Gram is supposed to compensate with its faster normal swings, but doesn't for aforementioned reasons.

I used the Gram for a good week before switching to the Scindo. The reach is noticible. For every weapon, the hitbox seems to be slightly further away from the weapon's actual tip. Gram's hitbox seems to be the length of Scuindo but Scuindo's is almost a foot longer. Gram's charge also swings a bit faster which is nice. I was hoping for an actual laser sword; not flourcent light bulbs on a metal plate. For some reason, I had it in my head that the weapon would be like of like the sword from No More Heroes for the Wii.

I loooove the Scindo for non-charged attacks against Infected.

The squishies go down in 1-2 hits. Ancients you dropattack them then execute on the ground. Still use Killing Blow because at higher levels they need a charge attack to finish em off, but you dont need recoil spring because theyre on the ground, and having Pressure Point increases the drop and slide attack damage, to the point where its usually good for a one shot on a squishy.

After my Scindo hits 30, Im gonna try out the Dual Ether for a non-charged attack setup against every faction. The stagger should make up for the dps loss.