Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Udp Ports 4950 & 4955 Issue.

booGsteeR

Question

Hello guys, at the begining I was getting message about Strict NAT and that i have to forward ports 4950 & 4955. I did that, restarted my PC and now, after port forwarding, I'm recieving this message "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" even tho I dont have ANY firewall. I see my friends as offline when they're online and I'm having big problems finding games in matchmaking. Please help, I really like this game and want to continue playing.

8 answers to this question

what OS and firewall are you using? do you have a router with built in firewall? do you have anti-virus program with it's own firewall? have you forwarded the ports on private and public network?

I have Windows 7 64 bit, I do not have ANY anti-virus/firewall, I forwarded ports on my ISP router/modem and my router does not have a built in firewall.

Restart the router. Turn it off for like 10 secs. Ensure you have upnp enabled on it. That should forward the right ports automatically. Turn on upnp in game.

If you want to keep your manual rules ensure your PC always has the right ip adress.

There are literally 20 other threads with the same problem. ;-)

Hi I'm having the same problem as 

booGsteeR

I'm using an 8ta dongle for internet and I'm sharing it over a LAN. When I'm alone I have no problem joining anyone else but when someone else on the LAN tries to join aswell it causes this problem.. I don't have a firewall active and I also created rules alowing the ports 4950 , 4955 , 3960 and  3962 for both incoming and outgoing and this doesnt solve the problem.

I even get the message with the ports from time to time, and i m directly connected to the DSL modem. no router or routing mode. And i have disabled the firewall from the PC, the message appears even than from time to time. Restarting the game message is gone.

When the message appears i can invite people play online no problem, seems not only working the Port test from the game :)

I even get the message with the ports from time to time, and i m directly connected to the DSL modem. no router or routing mode. And i have disabled the firewall from the PC, the message appears even than from time to time. Restarting the game message is gone.

When the message appears i can invite people play online no problem, seems not only working the Port test from the game :)

Yeah, sometimes the message will show up even though it's not actually a problem. I've even had it show up when launching, but then after clicking analyze network in the options menu, it will say "All systems nominal."

Though, it would appear that this isn't the case here, since the OP is actually having connection issues. Unfortunately, I do not have anything more to add that hasn't already been said. 

Hi I'm having the same problem as 

booGsteeR

I'm using an 8ta dongle for internet and I'm sharing it over a LAN. When I'm alone I have no problem joining anyone else but when someone else on the LAN tries to join aswell it causes this problem.. I don't have a firewall active and I also created rules alowing the ports 4950 , 4955 , 3960 and  3962 for both incoming and outgoing and this doesnt solve the problem.

If more than one computer is playing Warframe on the same Router, you need to set different ports for each in the game options under Gameplay.  There is an option to change the ports used by that client.  No 2 can use the same ports at the same time.