The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Big Is The Player Base On Pc Right Now?

(PSN)Gage_VH

I don't get how people always say "the most people don't even use steam" when steam is pretty much now the one (and almost only) PC games distributing platform and is now the industry standard and "go-to" solution for anyone that isn't EA or Blizzard.

I almost feel like it's like people saying "But most people don't even use Windows".

If Steam says 15K active at any given moment then I would bet that the non steam game accounts are actually just a minority that just add a little cherry on top.

After all most of the popularity for WF is from friends recruiting new people and steam itself.

That out of the way...I don't doubt that the WF base on PC is the biggest...and I have no clue who is 2nd. Could be both PS4 and Xbone...while PS4 had it for a while and thus has a stable base...Xboners just recently got the game and to them it's new and exciting.

I bet there is a huge amount of players that dont use Steam. I am one of them. I dont feel like I miss anything.

I don't use steam either.  I started playing warframe before it was available on steam and I just never saw a reason to start using it.  I have nothing against steam, and use it for some other games, but I just don't see a need for it in relation to this game. 

so one time talking about warframe players and another we talk about players in general

cool

In regard to players in general a good part wouldn't be on steam since they wouldn't have a use for it, mainly it'd be for those who play a lot of mainstream games, for any other cases there is not much point.

Warframe players have a lot of steam player probably majority or at worst not too far but I can't confirm it for sure.

anything from 5%+ can be considered a large portion of players.

This is what irks me about the internet right here. 

e5266273.gif

What's 5% of 8 million? Yes its 400K now tell me that is an insignificant amount of players? 

It was the now backtracked "majority" comment that I'm baffled by.  What irks me about the internet are insane claims of opinions presented like facts because of the way someone feels about something.

anything from 5%+ can be considered a large portion of players.

This is what irks me about the internet right here. 

e5266273.gif

What's 5% of 8 million? Yes its 400K now tell me that is an insignificant amount of players? 

It was the now backtracked "majority" comment that I'm baffled by.  What irks me about the internet are insane claims of opinions presented like facts because of the way someone feels about something.

Ye that was my bad, a simple typo that has now been fixed.