The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Doesnt Seem To Take Advantage Of My Gpu

Babalenong

AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3,2 ghz

HD 4650 1GB DDR3

4GB DDR3

now now, dont say "HD 4650 sux lel"

the game only took like, 50-70% of my gpu usage, which is pretty low, even sometimes it only took 25%

im usually okay with this, but after experimenting with melee attacks, framerate seem to affect how fast melee attack is

also, 800x600 and 1366x768 does not have performance difference, at all, which is extremely weird

i only need above 60fps so i can spam my dual ether sword like hell :(

warframe was designed to be not so demanding specs wise, the thing that really sets players apart from enjoying it and eventually raging is their internet connection.

I had that HD 4650 last month I think with my old cpu, before getting a gtx 650, with the same 1.5 mbps connection (going to get 3 mbps next month) here's my share of experience:

with intel i3 HD 4650 and 1.5 mbps net:

- I put settings all to low, lowest resolution, just ticked on are shadows and dynamic lighting, and I can host with almost no lag most of the time.
- with the melee's.. I'll reserve for later.

with intel i5 gtx 650 and 1.5 mbps net:

- I'm playing with medium settings... still the same for resolution (800 x 600) with the same shadows and dynamic lighting only, I can host with no lag given I don't experience lag isp side.

- I can play with max settings, but I don't find the eye candy that much of a help really, personally it just adds visual distraction for me.

- regarding melee's: with old set up prior to update 7 (where every melee weapon can turn into fang's max attack speed) my pc can handle it as long as I play solo and there's just a handful of enemies (4-6).. any more than that (around 10-15) it gets delayed

with update 7 it happens at times but bearable, now with my new cpu I find no such issue whatsoever.

it's not that I upgraded my cpu for the sole purpose of playing warframe, I needed to for digital painting.

If you have no other intention of buying a cpu other than for having a melee fest, I suggest you stick with your current set up for now until you really do need an upgrade.

:)