Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions And Their Rewards

VeNoM0619

I believe that some mission types and their rewards may be imbalanced ( for lack of a better word)

A raid mission is far easier than a rescue / data terminal ( and especially a mobile defense), and each one should provide more (or less) credits.

Also, these side missions are very very unsettling. I cringe every time I receive a "data terminals: 4" additional objective, that scatters them in 2-3 directions across the map. Knowing that I have to do this mission for FREE with no extra reward. I would be excited if it rewarded an extra 50-75% credits, but half the time I just abort the mission, knowing I could do the original objective far quicker from the beginning (and any other of the side missions).

I know I am not alone, I have seen people quit when they see the additional objective, or complain. Imagine them being happy knowing they get an extra reward for this, and Lotus isn't just pulling a "by the way, do this extra 5-10 minute task for free for me, otherwise I won't let you leave".

Nope, (at least it doesnt display on the mission complete screen).

Some people may have asked for them. But others do not enjoy them. If you were contracted to make a delivery, and someone said they won't pay you unless you also taxi their friend around for free, you wouldn't be too happy.

The side missions/additional objectives should be what there meaning implies, optional. If the player does them then good if he doesn't then main objective is still completed. Also i think their should be additional rewards for them, as they are often of similar size as the original mission anyway.

The side missions have caused me (tend to solo) to fail two rescues so far, annoyingly both gave me the data terminals side objective. I failed, not because i died but due to a combination of the hostages poor AI (running in circles and getting stuck in corners is not an effective maneuver) and the fact that i can only kill so many enemies at a time. If we can capture someone and turn them into whatever it was can't we do the same for hostages? Or plant a teleport beacon on them or something. 

Anyway rant aside...... There should be some kind of benefit to the player for going above and beyond the original mission specs.