Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon: Energie Sword

StylishKill

Hi,

fist of all i am sorry for my poor english. Seconds i thought about a weapon that would be light and also effectiv.

Yes and energie sword. Since i dont like the design of the "Plasma Sword" or the "Gram" and think the combination moves arent fluent enough i thought of a weapon similar to a Lightsaber. And an extra Stance Mod for it. That includes fast and roundaround cuting combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6VI2EALrk

i thought of something like this combo the charakter is using. 

Since we have alot of crappy weaponary in the game i think a Energiesaber/Lightsaber wouldnt hurt much. And i also think that would fit some space ninjas >.<

Tell me what your opinion is i am open to anything. Do you like it or not?

1: energy* (sorry i read english isnt your first language but its in my nature to correct incorrect spelling)  2: See, Ether, Dual Ether, and Ether Daggers.

ahh yeah >.< well but do they realy look like they are made for that kind of movement? if you use the diffrent stance mods and the design is also like the skana one short and one long sword also its to more like the blade is made of glas XD. I was thinking more of something like the Plasmasword but not with a metal part in the middle but something realy more lightsaber like.

for example you take away the middle part of the plasma sword and have it like a beam of energy. And what do you think about the movement? in the link i put in here?

OP I don't think energy weapons will fit into warframe. Considering the fact that any Tenno can channel there inner power through any weapon it makes an energy weapon rather redundant. 

Well, what is than the Plasmasword or the Gram than? if i take that srsly than i would say using this 2 weapons you shouldnt be able to turn of your Chaneling? Means having it runing the whole time?

Also i think it would just overload the Saber than if you use the Tenno Warframepower recources by chaneling a that kind of weapon. But it also is all made up by now. Take a look at the Nikana or other weapons they arent energy but still not made overpowered by chaneling them.

Hmm.... but interesting thoughs. Besides we have alot of weapons that dont fit with the tenno, (Ogris,Pentar,Angstrum...) see >.<?

Well, what is than the Plasmasword or the Gram than? if i take that srsly than i would say using this 2 weapons you shouldnt be able to turn of your Chaneling? Means having it runing the whole time?

Also i think it would just overload the Saber than if you use the Tenno Warframepower recources by chaneling a that kind of weapon. But it also is all made up by now. Take a look at the Nikana or other weapons they arent energy but still not made overpowered by chaneling them.

Hmm.... but interesting thoughs. Besides we have alot of weapons that dont fit with the tenno, (Ogris,Pentar,Angstrum...) see >.<?

Guess it mostly depends on what you think of when you say energy sword, I was thinking of a Halo energy sword and I wouldn't really call the plasma sword as a energy sword as it is not made of pure energy. 

I realy was thinking of a Lightsaber see GGO or Star Wars something like this. But if i pick up what you said before. We can also build a Melee weapon taht only activates when you are channeling. It would be less fun using it since the useage is limited but it still would be fun.

And what do you think about the melee combo? I posted a link did you watch it?

While we do not have light sabers, we do have the plasma sword... which happens to be one of the worst (or at least one of the slowest) weapons in the game with (in my opinion) one of the worst designs. Then again, it is a very old weapon, based off the initial design of the Gram (or possibly the other way around).

Regardless, a light saber-esque weapon would be an interesting addition, provided that it was designed and balanced well.

As for the video, I wish blocking was more of that nature at times, overly performed and what have you.

Edited by MonsieurZero

While we do not have light sabers, we do have the plasma sword... which happens to be of the worst (or at least one of the slowest) weapons in the game with (in my opinion) one of the worst designs. Then again, it is a very old weapon, based off the initial design of the Gram (or possibly the other way around).

The Plasma Sword came after the Gram if i remember correctly. And for the Gram... it was once a weapon that i had alot of fun with. But today was the last day i used and gave up on it. ( Sold it ).

Well this one should have in any case better stats than this Plasma Sword or the Gram. i think attack speed should be around the Dual Zoren. Otherwise it wont be fun to play. Melee has to be all about speed and a bunch of multihit combination moves.

Could be bough >.< fire or plasma. But doesnt matter right now. I asked if you would like a Lightsaber like weapon in the game. We can call it an energy sword since a Lightsaber is nothing but produced energy by powercells in the hilt of it. By focusing energy through a crystal they emmit this energy blade coming out of the hilt.
So this is the basic idea of the Star Wars light saber. We might find a fitting solution for waframe.

As for me i think this would be an awsome kikass weapon. And combined with the combination moves from the video it would bring up a new experience to the Melee in warframe. Since i dont realy see people in waframe using melee at all.
They are more like shoting stuff and so on. The only one runing around and using melee are actualy the Excalibur Pros using a melee build on him.

Well it looks to me like this idea will get crushed by the forum as usual. I was talking about creating a weapon and all i get here is alot of oftopic. I would draw some designs and stuff but since i dont own a scaner/printer and am realy bad with graphic apps i am not able to give you some visual idea.
Only the link up there.

Yea, there were many before you, and there will be many more from now on, but I'd stil like a glowing sword of plasma
(IM LOOKING AT YOU, CORPUS!)

250px-Prova.png

Possibly, some unknown 'Corpus merchants' could have their 'sources' modify the Prova to emit a long, narrow magnetic field containing Plasma. But don't mind this, its just another idea DE. (HINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHINT)

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Yea, there were many before you, and there will be many more from now on, but I'd stil like a glowing sword of plasma

(IM LOOKING AT YOU, CORPUS!)

250px-Prova.png

Possibly, some unknown 'Corpus merchants' could have their 'sources' modify the Prova to emit a long, narrow magnetic field containing Plasma. But don't mind this, its just another idea DE. (HINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHINT)

Sounds actualy pretty decent to me XD think the upper part away and and put a beam out of energy up there and there you go XD

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

fist of all i am sorry for my poor english. Seconds i thought about a weapon that would be light and also effectiv.

Yes and energie sword. Since i dont like the design of the "Plasma Sword" or the "Gram" and think the combination moves arent fluent enough i thought of a weapon similar to a Lightsaber. And an extra Stance Mod for it. That includes fast and roundaround cuting combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6VI2EALrk

i thought of something like this combo the charakter is using. 

Since we have alot of crappy weaponary in the game i think a Energiesaber/Lightsaber wouldnt hurt much. And i also think that would fit some space ninjas >.<

Tell me what your opinion is i am open to anything. Do you like it or not?

Cough, cough lightsaber Kirito in Gun Gales online is pretty much a jedi and in actual star wars the jedi could turn down the power their lightsabers and turn it into different frequencies so they could deflect different projectiles though for an actual light saber at full power the bullets with be competently dissolved the moment they hit the saber. I do think however it would be a cool weapon to have I would kill to have a lightsaber in warframe. Also the combat style he is using is a mix of Ataru and Soresu.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Archangelzz, thank you for your opinion >.< i also would love to have one and i think you are the first one who read the post completly than wrote an answer instead of start hating after the first 2 lines.

But it seems to me as this one is gone by now. And we wont have the chance to get one.