Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst And Dual Pistols

Kaerakh

This is the reason why I almost catalysted my Viper... ALMOST, right before the livestream that showed us there would be TWIN vipers coming in a few days.  That was a close one... finished leveling my Viper to lvl30 and fused it with another I just made.

It's sort of silly, but I think going forward, whenever DE introduces a new single pistol, you just have to prepare mentally for them to introduce a Twin/Dual version.

You willingly gave it up to make Twin Vipers.

You never asked anyone, the community, or any of the Devs whether it was going to disappear.

So stealing? Far from it. You willingly picked that Viper and pressed "Build".

It never said it would consume my catalyst. Your point is moot. My point is that I spent money on an item that was taken away from me without warning, and is completely irreversible.

Edited by Kaerakh

It never said it would consume my catalyst. Your point is moot. My point is that I spent money on an item that was taken away from me without warning, and is completely irreversible.

I agree there should be some clarifications as to what happens to the levels and catalysts of component weapons when used as material to make new weapon.  Like a warning popup that says "Are you sure you want to use this weapon in crafting?  All levels, mods and catalysts will be lost."  would prevent any confusions.

That said, it's pretty obvious that they're not going to let you keep your weapon levels and catalysts when you use them to make new weapons.  Imagine a supercharged lvl30 Viper and a freshly made lvl0 Viper.  Use these two to make a Twin Viper... what is the resulting Twin Viper supposed to be lvl wise?  Lvl15?  Lvl30?  Supercharged?  Or not?  It's fairly obvious the new product would just be a freshly made, no-rank/no-anything weapon.

Did you ask anyone whether it was going to consume your catalyst? No.

My point isn't moot. You just didn't take precautions.