The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Long Range Shots

Kaerakh

Are you trying to say when you aim from a distance to shot it misses, but when not aiming (zooming in) you'll hit them? I haven't noticed that (zoomed out hits). But I have noticed that you can't hit them when you're zoomed in it doesn't hit them, so basically its not a sniper rifle. Even a Braton you can shoot farther and still hit better than the Latron. 

I think that needs to be fixed.

Edit:
I just tried this, and OP is correct. When zoomed in it'll miss, but once you stop zooming in and just click it it'll hit.

Edited by SomeAsianDude

I started having this type of problem just tonight with my Paris.  Didn't really notice it before my last game just now, so I'm not sure if it's an intermittent thing or something I simply didn't notice before.  I would take aim and try to hit an enemy at long range only to have my arrow veer significantly off course.  Like, seriously, it was hilarious how far off from the crosshair the arrow ended up going.  I wish I recorded my gameplay so I could show people.  I must have had the greatest "WTF" look on my face when I saw where the arrows were going.

This only seemed to happen when aiming at targets very far away.  Also, like I said, I only just noticed this in my last game.  I've been using the Paris for days now, it's up to rank 18, and I know I've picked off targets from long range before without issue.  It was very, very strange when I saw it happen the first time...and then got very annoying on all the subsequent times it happened.

Accuracy nerf to try to up the usefulness of the Snipertron?

The disparity was WAY too wide to be an accuracy nerf.  It's also either sporadic, or has a particular range threshold at which it goes from highly accurate to being completely off.  Haven't experienced it enough yet to know which it is.

Someone in the 7.8.0 update thread mentioned a similar phenomenon with their Lex, so it sounds like it might be a glitch in the aim code in general.

The disparity was WAY too wide to be an accuracy nerf.  It's also either sporadic, or has a particular range threshold at which it goes from highly accurate to being completely off.  Haven't experienced it enough yet to know which it is.

Someone in the 7.8.0 update thread mentioned a similar phenomenon with their Lex, so it sounds like it might be a glitch in the aim code in general.

I agree. Happened to my Viper today, some shots were completely off the crossair. Hope they can fix this issue soon.

i noticed it as well. it seams to nolonger hit its mark when you know damn well you were dead on. i feel they did this because they brought in the new rifle. grakatta or what ever they call it. it also could be do to one of the bug fixes they did on their last update. but either way it ticks me off. it makes the gun useless. 

I noticed this yesterday. I thought at long range I was hitting some invisible wall or something because nothing was connecting with the enemy. Then I realized the shots were veering wild to the top right or bottom left. At medium range it went back to normal. I just adjusted my gameplay to close in a little more for certain targets.

Worth us noting incase this is a bug and not an intentional nerf or something along those lines.

Just had this happen again and got a screenshot of it.  I was aiming right for the MOA's little body (my crosshair's higher in the screenshot from the recoil), but you can see the bullets firing MUCH lower, and to the left.  This isn't as outrageously far off as the time my Latron was actin' goofy I mentioned before, but it illustrates the phenomenon, and shows that the problem isn't isolated to the Latron.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140786470

I had it happen with a Sicarus today. Projectiles seemed attracted to a console. I could even move the reticule a bit, they would still go towards the console. It was a very far target, though, not something you usually shoot with a Sicarus, but still it seems the problem is there for all weapons.

Edited by zagibu

This is happening with most weapons. Gorgon, Latron, Braton, Lex, I could list them all. The only gun it doesn't seem to happen with is the Snipetron, but I'm willing to wager that's because the weapon is the only one I know of that uses your camera (and not your weapon's model) as the launching point for the hitscan.

I'd also be willing to wager that this issue has something to do with the calculations the game makes to ensure that the hitscan from your weapon will always draw a line to your crosshair. Bolt weapons also use this method. This is why you can snipe from around corners with the Snipetron, but not with other long guns.

Edited by Kahruvel

Very possible indeed. I was already thinking about how they did it that the hitscan always goes straight through your reticule at any intended distance. This is always a problem in 3rd person shooters. Didn't notice the Snipetron to be different, though, but wasn't paying a lot of attention when I used it.

I've noticed this as well with my Latron, it makes long range shooting impossible.  Many times over the past few missions I've clearly been aiming at an enemy's head as they pop from cover and it just hits the wall next to them or doesn't even seem to fire a shot at all despite using ammo...

Edited by bizzuh

This is happening with most weapons. Gorgon, Latron, Braton, Lex, I could list them all. The only gun it doesn't seem to happen with is the Snipetron, but I'm willing to wager that's because the weapon is the only one I know of that uses your camera (and not your weapon's model) as the launching point for the hitscan.

I'd also be willing to wager that this issue has something to do with the calculations the game makes to ensure that the hitscan from your weapon will always draw a line to your crosshair. Bolt weapons also use this method. This is why you can snipe from around corners with the Snipetron, but not with other long guns.

Snipetron also has 100% accuracy while zoomed. This could be part of it.