Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus mission door lasers - A possible fix

Kasseth

While I respect the intended effect of the laser doors, there's something about them that feels overall unfair, especially when you're in a group of four. Call it extremely bad luck, but at least five or six times in the same mission the lasers would turn on at the exact moment I was running through the door. This happened even when we were playing cautiously, because someone would trip a camera or something on the other side of the room, and there would be no warning, no buildup, just tons of damage because something outside of my control happened.

The easy way to fix this problem would be to turn down the damage on those lasers, as even while shield-tanking, I was getting hurt pretty badly. However, another thing that could be done to make the lasers fair, while keeping them effective at splitting up the team and giving players painful lessons for trying to rush. I suggest, when someone is spotted by the cameras, that some kind of warning should appear, either audio or visual.

Some kind of siren, or better yet: a set of thin, red, harmless lasers that appear instead of the green ones, for maybe one or two seconds before the real danger appears. That way, if someone else is in the middle of going through a door, they don't get instantly punished. And if someone's charging towards a door, they have some time to stop in their tracks and turn back. Plus, it makes passing through doors less of a horridly stressful experience. It's enough that I refuse to play Corpus missions, at least not with a group. I quite like the Corpus overall, and they mix up the combat in good ways, with the shield and bomb flyers. I think having a second or two of warning would remove the unfairness of the lasers, while keeping their intended effect and danger intact.

Having cameras outside the room you are in going into alert mode and trapping you in the room for minutes at a time is also a huge problem for game flow; not being able to see/shoot them and waiting around is incredibly boring. There should be a way to override the lasers the same way you override a lockdown, if the camera is not accessible for you to shoot.

You could bring a Loki, with you. Everytime I get trapped by lasers, I just cloak up and just walk through unharmed. I haven't had to deal with lasers as of late, so i don't know if this still works.

I have also noticed with the last recent update we've had, seems like there's no more door lasers. I'm just gonna go ahead n assume they removed em. As I purposely trip off every camera I find to destroy turrets... and the door lasers no longer activate.

Also tripping off cameras, most of the time you'll see the turret come out of it's socket, but not move around to shoot you, you have to re-set off the cameras to see if the turret comes down, then moves to shoot you. then you can kill it.

Another fix i could think of is putting cooldown for laser door, like if your trigger them laser you either have to destroy the camera or wait for to shut itself. I really like the trap mechanism, it adds some annoyance and challeenges to rushers. So please add it back!!