Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"end Game" Content Idea

lynchinator

Most of us know, hitting level 30 on a warframe is far from being the end all be all, this is the moment from which the real game starts and the grind to farm other frames, weapons, mods, and to forma these items begins.  But once Mastery Rank 8 is achieved and all desired weapons and warframes have their "perfect builds with forma and all" there is very little to do. To be more blunt, there is nothing new to do or achieve other than wait for the next update(you can PvP if you find that interesting in a PvE game).

This brings me to my first Idea which just popped up in my head as an interesting concept with the upcoming application of flying.This idea could also provide more content for Clans to do together by giving aesthetic upgrades or even inventory slots once a certain number of bosses have been defeated. The Idea is a new planet available to only members of that clan is unlocked for an individual when a certain mastery rank is achieved and certain conclave reached. It would create new content for players that have been stuck farming for ages and attempting 60+min T4S.  My Idea was a Planet that has long been forgotten and the infested were able to run rampant and evolve into monstrous creatures on par with ODA. Different bosses would have different difficulties, some only requiring 5 players but others 15-20(obviously these are just place holders but you get the point). OR they could scale to the amount of players but I think having set numbers for dmg/hp would be idea for developers when designing encounters.

There are two ideas for this planet

1-The planet would have multiple Maps each with differing themes since the infested have adapted to their surroundings and would be essentially a "raid" or for those who are not familiar with that term, multiple Assassination missions in one with difficult mobs and harder mechanics on the bosses in contrast to the simple bullet sponges in the current boss missions(exceptions being bosses with "shoot here" mechanics).

2-Open world that can be traversed via the new arcwing system. On this open world Bosses roam free with their armies and epic open world battles of flying tenno with their new arcwing can take on armies of enemies. Boses could let out a shock that disables the arcwing if mechanics for the boss need grounded targets.

Yes this whole thing sounds a lot like an MMO but thats the kind of thing I personally feel warframe needs to maintain the players that have enjoyed this game for such a long time but are burnt out with the current state of things. I would love to hear feedback or even your ideas on what DE could do to create some real endgame content once weapons/warframes are maxed out.

They're adding in Focus as well as the new Sigils for people to get, so that'll be interesting.

But again, from reading other Forum posts, open world is not possible in Warframe.  The design won't allow that at all, and it'd require a ton of coding.  I mean, good open-world games need years to construct, and from what I can remember, Warframe's been around for maybe 1-2 years?  (correct me on this, I'm too lazy to Google right now lol)

And as what DESteve said, they're working on more "game" than "end-game".  After all, it'd drive off some new players if they heard that you could get x awesome-cool thing, but you have to be y ranks or have z amount of time invested just to get everything needed for it.

Edit: Also, I'm mastery rank 9, and I haven't gotten perfect builds for my warframes yet, so unless if someone's Platinum-ing their way through the game, it takes a long time to get everything.  And Warframe, from what I've found, is a much better game with patience.  Better to have earned that Warframe that you spent 4 days crafting than to immediately buy it with plat.

And to comment on the clan-specific planet, it'd be interesting, but you'd have to make sure that newbies will be able to play it too.  I know everyone wants end-game, but this game's still a beta.  If you've been playing for hundreds of hours already, it's already entertained you more than any Triple A game out there, and you probably didn't even have to spend a single cent.

Edited by waterdragon1657

They're adding in Focus as well as the new Sigils for people to get, so that'll be interesting.

But again, from reading other Forum posts, open world is not possible in Warframe.  The design won't allow that at all, and it'd require a ton of coding.  I mean, good open-world games need years to construct, and from what I can remember, Warframe's been around for maybe 1-2 years?  (correct me on this, I'm too lazy to Google right now lol)

And as what DESteve said, they're working on more "game" than "end-game".  After all, it'd drive off some new players if they heard that you could get x awesome-cool thing, but you have to be y ranks or have z amount of time invested just to get everything needed for it.

Very true I guess this was an idea for the far future, but as you said it would be very difficult. Personally when I see Y rank needed I see it as a challenge and is part of the reason I liked warframe at first. Finally getting Rank 6 to get my long desired synapse or rank 8 for the Dragon Niktana were some of the best moments that I have had in this game. Having a goal to strive for is what this game is all about, getting THAT weapon or THAT mod or THAT prime frame is what people play for from what I have gathered. 

• 2 months later...

Besides the game itself, i think DE will probably be working on more quests to reveal each of our beloved warframe backstory. IMO, adding lore into the game is the best way to introduce an MMO like Warframe. As for now, DE are currently putting ninja-action underwater. Can't wait how that will turn out to be!

As for end-game, the only thing i could think of is END-LESS missions. But then i really can't think of a way to support that. Another thing though, i would like to discuss about having passive abilities for each warframe. If you look up mesa, mirage or limbo on the wiki, and you will notice each warframe with at least one passive. But i would consider them kinda pointless, because what a true passive would be is.... example, Valkyr... the berserker warframe has a passive where more enemies are in her line of sight the more damage she does or saryn's molt is further durable the more abilities she casts. I know its a lot of work, but would it be worth the change?

Edited by Nalzatom