Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Player Trading.

Reviction

Hello, new here, and really loving the game so far. So forgive me if this is something that's been beat to the ground.

One thing crossed my mind that I believe would strengthen the game as a whole.

Player trading.

While I understand that a player market system or auction house system wouldn't particularly be in the best interest of the developers revenue wise, I think that player trading would foster a stronger community and create a little meta-game of sorts within Warframe, giving it another feature which a lot of gamers really enjoy. This would also bring in more players, extend the playtime of current players, and again, strengthen the community.

What do you do with all those mats, BPs, duplicates, etc. that are gonna sit around and do nothing for you or give you minimal credits to sell to essentially an NPC?

Join the Trading channel or visit the forums and conduct business with your fellow players. 

This could be done with platinum or credits. 

Lets take Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 for example. Diablo 2 had such a devout following and strong community based partly on player to player transaction, and Diablo 3 as most of us know eliminated that. Created an anonymous faceless auction house system and if it weren't for players knowing the only reason that item is available on AH is that another player posted it, it would feel like a single player game.

So Warframe introducing a player trading system (right click on name in squad/chat list and select Trade, perhaps? Something simple) would come with these benefits:

- Stronger community of players interacting

- Added dynamic to the game attracting players who look for that meta in their multiplayer

- An eliminated brick wall: players can offload unnecessary items to players who have paid for plat, or trade for items purchased with plat, or drops, allowing progression.

- One more attractive feature to advertise that players love

Thanks for taking some time :)