Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Bull$#!t

Tenno-Zombie

Alright so its just hit 10am AEST and i just got out of a defense game with 3 clan members which i have been in for 2hrs/2.5hrs and i am quite irritated. i got kicked by the sever right before the end of wave 30 and lost all the mods i worked for in addition to roughly 200,000 mission. i would have also made over 500 kills easily. this has happened before at last update 7.8 where we made it to wave 29 and the whole team got kicked, i also made a post about it. my fellow clan member and i are very upset and irritated by this.

my big question is why hasn't this problem been fixed yet? and why is there no fail-safe implemented? 

Pictures taken by fellow clan member Bichunmoo:

Just After I Got Kicked:

defmissionlevel30.jpg

Stats:

result.png

Rewards:

RewardLog.jpg

We claimed and exited the Game becuse we had no way of carrying on with the mission once he was out of it and this has happend befor and ppl sadly cant always get back in to the game and even if they get in to warframe the game wont let them rejoin us wich is sad to be honest.

My fellow clan mate Zombie carried us for half the game and it wouldent been possible for us to get as far or get as many upgrades as we did in this game and the fact that becuse of a game disconect he loses everything isent right, is there nothing that can be done here ?

What is your complaint? That a ... disconnect happened? Especially one that pertains to one single member of a party? Where is there a "bug" ( > grab the EE.log, send a bug report via Support) or a fault at DE's end when your connection has issues? Is your game crashing? Grab the WAR number and file a ticket, too.

The forums are discussion boards, in the end, the bugs need to reported via support for urgent solutions.

What is your complaint? That a ... disconnect happened? Especially one that pertains to one single member of a party? Where is there a "bug" ( > grab the EE.log, send a bug report via Support) or a fault at DE's end when your connection has issues? Is your game crashing? Grab the WAR number and file a ticket, too.

The forums are discussion boards, in the end, the bugs need to reported via support for urgent solutions.

His complaint is that the game crashed making him losing 2 - 2.5hrs on a defence with nothing to show all because the game crashes at random intervals.  To be honest I am surprised you made it to 30 with all the freaking bugs in the AI and spawning causing them to appear at random locations that you simply cannot get to without decoy + Switch teleport.

Mods and Xp should be saved each 5 wave increments.  Going past 10 is stupidly risky in pugs where 9/10 people run after every mod they see 100+m from the cryo pod that can die in 4 secs flat to one guy.  Makes defence somewhat annoying more then fun.

PUGs are not a good measure - of course a PUG will fail where a group with communication will have a breeze running through. And, while I do risk sounding like a broken record, I have encountered none of these gamebreaking issues in my 210h played. I would assume that a long playtime with multiple wave 30 defenses would eventually net me these problems, too, but I cannot help but assume that one time occurencies (as frustrating as they might be/are) are simply not reason to call for such measures.

Don't fail.

Don't overextend.

Don't expect strangers to be smart.

Don't rely on people you don't know.

No one halfway serious does raids in WoW with a PUG.

That is unfortunate, as things are right now I don't expect things to change much in the near future in terms of that. There was meant to be a risk added into this that would make people feel like it wasn't just a constant farm and loss had no meaning. But in that same token a crash should have some factor of involvement towards you. But the closest thing you could do in a situation like that and have it full acceptable is for there to be a crash log in which after you submit the crash and it is recorded, and you retain the prizes (mods) you would have gained in that current map. The process would take a little time to be read over and would possibly be the most fair way to do this, until the crashes in question are repaired.

There is time put on everything. Just because Devs can't (technically and humanly impossible) reply to every single thread, doesn't mean they are not aware of what's going on (at least 90% of stuff, the other 10% being usually possible glitches or abuses).

I also don't quite get that idea of loosing all your stuff from crashes glitches, bugs. The only content we have atm is farming and beating High-lvl Defense where you will want to push furder and furder.  making us think: " uhm guys we have 40 mods better go now before we will fail at wave 29...

idk

it wouldn't be that big problem if there was more content but thats just it....    i'm still waiting for options on setting alle missions to lvl ~60 and getting rewards for clearing whole planets....  would be the quickest and easiest way to give us more stuff to do before everybody gets bored and quits the game

f*** trading ***** pvp f**** balancing rndmBPdrops

We need contant

Defense is just a pain in the a$$ since the patch

I also don't quite get that idea of loosing all your stuff from crashes glitches, bugs. The only content we have atm is farming and beating High-lvl Defense where you will want to push furder and furder.  making us think: " uhm guys we have 40 mods better go now before we will fail at wave 29...

idk

it wouldn't be that big problem if there was more content but thats just it....    i'm still waiting for options on setting alle missions to lvl ~60 and getting rewards for clearing whole planets....  would be the quickest and easiest way to give us more stuff to do before everybody gets bored and quits the game

f*** trading ***** pvp f**** balancing rndmBPdrops

We need contant

Defense is just a pain in the a$$ since the patch

i enjoy defense and the challenge it brings i just dont like one of those challenges being this glitch

Lost on wave 30 at xini today because according to the text that splashed across my screen we failed the mission. The odd part was that I was next to and watching the cryopod and it had 100% life. Even the hud said the cryopod was at 100%. There are many instances that something happens out of our control that has nothing to do with how we play the game but we are punished for it. Meanwhile the BP farmers that this change was targeted at will still disconnect a majority of the time because they did not get the BP they needed.

The method DE is using to stop BP farmers from aborting is having a far worse effect on players that are not choosing to leave a game. This needs to be redone. Maybe revert back to the old system and consider BPs to be a reward like credits and it can't be claimed unless you finish the mission. Furthermore you will not see them as loot when you kill the boss. That would mean you would have no idea if you will get them and the only way to recieve them is to finish the mission regardless.

As stated before doing high level defense missions is the only good challange in the game and now I am afraid to go very high not due to ability but stability.

We claimed and exited the Game becuse we had no way of carrying on with the mission once he was out of it and this has happend befor and ppl sadly cant always get back in to the game and even if they get in to warframe the game wont let them rejoin us wich is sad to be honest.

My fellow clan mate Zombie carried us for half the game and it wouldent been possible for us to get as far or get as many upgrades as we did in this game and the fact that becuse of a game disconect he loses everything isent right, is there nothing that can be done here ?

You know when I used to play Guild Wars (the first one) they had a reconnect feature. This allowed people who got disconnected or crashed to re-connect at any time as long as the mission was active. Similarly games such as League of Legends and Dota 2 have this function, and this should also take practice in Warframe. However, going on about how to do this without a dedicated server or being replaced by another player can be problematic if your not in a private game. Perhaps enable this function in a private matchmaking only would be a good start.

Warframe is now "always online"

You know what other game is always online? Team fortress 2. Try having any fun in there without an internet connection.

(Serious talk starts here)

Did you try going into your contacts list, right-clicking on one of the guys in the list, and clicking "Join Session"? I haven't tried connecting to a friend in a high-level defense mission, but you can join a friend in a mission as long as they're not already on thier way to extraction.

You know what other game is always online? Team fortress 2. Try having any fun in there without an internet connection.

(Serious talk starts here)

Did you try going into your contacts list, right-clicking on one of the guys in the list, and clicking "Join Session"? I haven't tried connecting to a friend in a high-level defense mission, but you can join a friend in a mission as long as they're not already on thier way to extraction.

I had something like this happened a few days ago when my power failed. There was a storm and a friend and I were running through a mission and we had collected a bunch of mods until my power went out about a minute before extraction. I'm dead serious on that. I've lost some rare mods due to that power failure and I had joined my friend's session just to get back into the game in the hopes I could still retain them. Turns out I had lost all that progress for no reward.I believe after wave 5 in a defense, there is no way to return via the join session in the contact list. At least that is what someone else told me recently. I think it was before the patch, or after.. I don't even remember anymore.

I have been on about this since the patch aswell. DE_steve made it clear this will stay in game. He also said it isnt perfect and it will be changed/tweaked in the near future. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait. Just dont play defense for a while and it will force them into making changes sooner. Vote with your feet people and leave the maps you want changing. They notice this kind of thing:)