Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Find Your Lack Of 'haggle' Disturbing"

Cowhawk

Haggling is considered obsolete and even rude.

Most countries' economy is in the crapper.

Could the be a correlation, or even causation?

First time I had to haggle in my life (irl) was when I was in a big, expensive mall in Hong Kong. It's not considered rude there, just good business. That is how it should be here, I'm not afraid to have someone say to me: "Would you go to 3p instead of 5p?" To me rude is if I ask if someone is willing to go a bit lower and they respond by, well, not responding. An example of this in western society could be (for lack of a better example): you go to a fast food drive in and ask if you can have extra ketchup, and instead they purposefully give you none.

I made some of the same mistakes as a new player. On some level, its not in DE's interest to let players know plat should be spent on slots, since they want you to buy more. The flipside is you might feel burned and never buy plat, so theres that to consider also.

Haggling still happens plenty in western culture:

Every Buy A Car? How about an instrument (Own Many guitars, amps, recording equipment, 30k+ in gear and never paid sticker price)? How about a house? Apartment lease? What about your pay when you started a job (haggle for time compensation)? the list really goes on..

I made plat off trades for more than 20 frame slots and many weapon slots (30?+). I also bought a color bundle and many prime items I needed with plat I got for trades.

I'm fairly active. I build up tradable things during the week, and blow some time on the weekend trading. I usually blow mods out for 5-10p easy, and save cores to fuse up a serration etc for trade.

I've found stating your price always helps, usually people are reasonable if you advertise a price. Likewise, offer a price when buying. I do package deals, the other day I was selling mods and said 10p min transaction, but kept the cost of individual mods down so people ended up buying more and making the trades break even for me.

I hate when you offer an item and somebody says '3p' or less for something obviously worth more. Its a waste of a trade, and I tell them so. I usually dont inflate my prices but if someone wants something cheaper than I can sell it I ask if they can throw a key or fusion core in to make the trade break a bit more even for me. This seams to work, most people don't mind giving up a fusion core to save 2p. 

Edited by ect0s