The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Change Boss Bp Drop Into End Of Mission Reward.

neKroMancer

Ehn, just make the boss the level, so there's zero time wasted to get to the boss (and have people quit out because we've just started) and get out from the boss. Make the boss the level like in a treasure game. Seven Force from Gunstar Heroes for instance. Have the boss go through different phases, different forms, behaviours, weak-points. Or the tradition spaceship level in an R-type game. Have the boss move around a large map (like that new outdoors defense map with all the gantries) where players have to wade through a group of minions to re-engage with the boss. Maybe moving into new spaces to fit the new phase. I guess I'm seeing more rhinos then any other starting frame because the boss you farm for his BP's is currently the most fun one. Go full on shooter version of Monster Hunter.

That way then the mission becomes something more interesting and distinctive from a regular old mission which is like a take on sabotage. Except the core is much more of a bullet sponge. And the lights don't go off afterwards. And there's no chance of a countdown (metroid style escape sequence).

Mission reward implies you gain a bp every run, just saying that's not realistic for this. I would prefer it if the white orb simply appeared on loot radar

Since the bosses are always off the side of a map, and don't block progress towards the next map. Maybe if they're a lot more involved, harder to make all the way through, victory something you can only achieve after a few tries, a guaranteed drop could fit (again, Monster Hunter-ish, sorta)

So I guess you don't play/enjoy alerts because the blueprints or artifacts aren't dropped from a mob in the mission?   ... Sure.

Uh... The blueprints and artifacts are the reward for the alert, though. Warframes are the reward for killing the boss. I like killing the boss and the anticipation of seeing a drop. It's just a personal thing.

Alerts are neat, but not as fun as boss fights. They don't have super powerful mobs to fight.

The blueprint at mission end is a far better solution because it "actually fixes the problem" and doesn't create 50 more like the current attempt or these other suggestions will.

...I agree with this? Which I mentioned in my post? I'd like a different solution, but I couldn't see a different one, so I just said "meh, I'm iffy, but sure. It's a good solution."

Right now, the power to screw over everyone else who plays legit is too easy for those who wish to do so or could care less about not doing so.

Again, no part of my post disagreed with this. I'm confused. Did you respond to the right post?

I get that people have varying play-styles but bringing up "not being forced to finish a mission to get rewards" as a counter-argument to people complaining about "not getting rewards because other people are stopping them from finishing missions by leaving, etc" is ludicrous. The game is about doing the missions.

I didn't use that as a counter-argument? It was an opinion, not an argument. I wasn't arguing against it at all. Of course you have to finish the mission; you don't even get rewards if you don't finish the mission.

Your personal liberties do not extend to the point to allow for the variance of screwing everyone over because you could care less and refuse to play the game the way the Developers intended it to be played either. Finishing missions is THE POINT of the game. We are Tenno and we are given missions by Lotus to complete... We are not intended to enter an area, take something we want despite orders and bail on our fellow operatives like selfish children. To anyone who argues with this, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM; Please consider going elsewhere to troll another game that doesn't sustain itself on teamplay if you despise cooperative play so much. 

...Where are you even getting this? I don't abort missions unless I get stuck in terrain. I have never aborted a mission while playing with other people.

What's with the verbal (textual?) abuse for a point I didn't even make? Yeesh.

Regardless of changes to boss fights, they need to make it so host change doesn't cause item loss. Even if they remove the incentive to consciously cause a host change that is currently present, that still leaves unwanted disconnects due to ****** connection, power outages and the like. Alternatively somebody could have an actual good reason why he has to leave, in any case aborting of a single person shouldn't punish the group in any way. I sincerely hope that they have plans to change this anyway and it just hasn't been implemented/included yet.

I don't think it's realistic to expect DE to cover player's problem. They can't possibly know that DC is legitimate or not (power outage/cat eats your RAM vs intentionally pull the cable). Both of which mean the same on DE's server, you DC. Expecting otherwise is rather impractical.

In case of emergency, I doubt that virtual item in videogame would have higher priority than the emergency situation you're facing.

Mission reward implies you gain a bp every run, just saying that's not realistic for this. I would prefer it if the white orb simply appeared on loot radar

It could probably be implemented in the same way as Cronus BP drop. The first try guarantee a BP drop. Latter tries affected by loot table.

End of mission reward isn't just BP. Mod of higher rarity could be the reward as well.

I would like to see if I got reward immidetly after killing the boss (as it is), but that white orb can get lost. Finding out if I got the right blueprint (or at all) after the mission is bad

I think you need to explain why it's bad. The only reason is when you can solo the boss and see the wrong BP dropped, abort, farm it again. The solution stated in my OP does included the change of boss mission tile setup so that you can extract in a few tiles away. I don't think that is detrimental to solo player.

However, if you're the host of that instance and you decide to abort, leaving everyone behind with host migration and bad gaming experience then my proposal is to prevent such practice.

+1 on the general idea.

What you said was true. Ppl still dc when they dont get what they wanted.

Yet this:

From the post's feedback, coupled with some arguments I had with other posters (Madotsuki and plznohurtme), DE could place an extraction tile nearer to the boss' tile in order to encourage less host DC (admittedly, with big fat credit a few rooms away, only an idiot would DC from the boss tile.) However, place some fierce resistance into these tiles for players to wade through, just for fun.

Is wrong.

People should be forced to play till the end. Show boss drops ONLY on the end screen.

Then they will have no choice but to play till the end.

Screw the stick and the carrot.

The devs should not be inclined to literally beg players for completing the damn map, by placing money, mods, frames, platinum, whatever next to the exit tile.

My butt.

Put drops on end screen.

The end.

If they want to see their drops they have to complete the map.

Problem solved.

+1 on the general idea.

What you said was true. Ppl still dc when they dont get what they wanted.

Yet this:

Is wrong.

People should be forced to play till the end. Show boss drops ONLY on the end screen.

Then they will have no choice but to play till the end.

Screw the stick and the carrot.

The devs should not be inclined to literally beg players for completing the damn map, by placing money, mods, frames, platinum, whatever next to the exit tile.

My butt.

Put drops on end screen.

The end.

If they want to see their drops they have to complete the map.

Problem solved.

Thank you for your opinion.

I think that the 'force to complete' should also has incentive to do so apart from being a rule. People, in general, don't mind having some rewards for doing what the majority considered to be 'good' (good standing in the society, respect, tax return, etc.). The game should also incentivize proper behavior, not just forcing it on the playerbase.

Yeah id have to agree with previous poster. Lets focus on making the game more fun as opposed to the easiest farm. I personally haven't had that much issue with getting prints and if the boss fights were more fun it would solve some of the issue. Also maybe something like making thestalker harder with a chance of blueprint drop some kind of random event within missions would help solve some of the monotony.

I like the idea of moving boss drops to the mission rewards.

Not sure about moving the extraction closer to the boss though. I can see how people like it from a player convenience point of view, but if the extraction is that close to the boss, then why don't the Tenno just insert there in the first place?

i can see why people like loot pinatas. personally, i won't miss flying white orbs.

after thinking about it, if you want you can have both. add in optional/sub-objectives to the assassination missions that will give the chance to recieve BPs as a random mission reward. if you want to be creative, sub-objectives can also be tied to boss mechanics.

Another method is to just give the reward as soon as the boss dies. People see what reward they get, some leave, others stay. But if the host switches over, people still get to keep their stuff.

Really, the problem is. . Host doesn't get what they want, host leaves, white orb vanishes. Everybody is unhappy.

Just make it auto-grant the reward to everyone who was present at the boss' death. Remove the step of picking the white orb up. If someone decides to afk and get a free reward, write their name down and never group with them again.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

would be great if DE could make the extraction room right next to the boss room

or even make a animation of a tenno space ship landing after the boss is killed, and board the ship to receive the rewards 

Lotus : " congratulation  tenno, our extraction team has arrived, board the ship to collect your rewards ." 

I actually have never run into this issue yet. I guess I've had mostly good teams to play with? Have Trinity Blueprints, Cronus (duh), Rhino, and Volt.... I'd have to say the system is good the way it is except yes... make it about 2 tiles to extraction. Sometimes it takes WAYYY long to get to extraction.

Edit: When I did my Cronus farming and Rubedo farming BEFORE this lame update I did it on Solo so as not to screw up other people's game. Thanks for killing it for us. -_-*

Edited by simeo77

In all honesty I don't understand why someone who runs a boss for BP's will do it in ONLINE mode. 

When you run a Boss for BP's what you want is speed. Speed to get past mobs to boss quick, kill him, then speed it to exit. You don't want X or Y stopping to open lockers or kill every mob, or worse die. Why would you do it online again? Make a SOLO game and run for BPs to your heart's pleasure.

I made a Loki specially for this. I can do a Golem run in ~2 mins (from start, to killing him, and exit). Unless you run with other Loki similar geared, you will either be slowed down, or the other person will have a lot to catch up.

Of course if you can't actually kill said Boss in a reasonable time frame, or clear to him safe and sound, you will need a party (to not be blunt and say you should level more, get mods and make yourself stronger).

In all honesty I don't understand why someone who runs a boss for BP's will do it in ONLINE mode. 

When you run a Boss for BP's what you want is speed. Speed to get past mobs to boss quick, kill him, then speed it to exit. You don't want X or Y stopping to open lockers or kill every mob, or worse die. Why would you do it online again? Make a SOLO game and run for BPs to your heart's pleasure.

I made a Loki specially for this. I can do a Golem run in ~2 mins (from start, to killing him, and exit). Unless you run with other Loki similar geared, you will either be slowed down, or the other person will have a lot to catch up.

Of course if you can't actually kill said Boss in a reasonable time frame, or clear to him safe and sound, you will need a party (to not be blunt and say you should level more, get mods and make yourself stronger).

Problem appears to be higher level bosses - Ceres, Sedna, Eris for example. These bosses go down faster with a team with less chance of dying during the fight. In many posts concerning rushers, some of them stated that it's the most 'effective' way is to run the boss with other players, grab the loot, then abort/DC from the mission. Practice that use other players for their own end, uncaring of the teammates' gaming experience, especially when they're the host.

I have no problem soloing any of those Bosses (Ceres, Sedna, Eris, Pluto) with any of my warframes, in a reasonable amount of time (not full clear / exploration, unless I need the resources or credits).

Really all you need to kill a boss without stealth, Link, Iron Skin etc, is to have 200%+ health and shield, 60%+ shield regen (fast deflection if am not mistaken), know boss mechanic, when to dodge / LoS, and have a good weapon.

Good weapon include but not limited to: Hek, Strun, Boltor, Latron - Paris only if you know to use it to not let shields regen, otherwise don't bother.

PS: If you have a Saryn, mod her for max streamline & focus, you don't need flow is just overkill, and spam venom on boss from max range with base power. GG you just killed the boss (shields or not irrelevant) in ~10 seconds.

Edited by Anelyn