Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Cornucopia Of Helpful Reccomendations Inbound] Hud, Lobbies, Etc.

FeralKuja

I have a few recommendations to improve general quality of life in both the HUD and joining/hosting games.

Firstly, hud improvements. We have our health, shield, stamina, energy, minimap, and a changing readout when we switch between Longarm and Sidearm that shows our Affinity gain, but we don't have an affinity bar for our Melee weapon, meaning it can be a guessing game how much we need to do to level our melee weapon. Perhaps adding a melee readout to the bottom left to balance the hud aesthetically (Bottom left is pretty barren, while all three other corners are adorned).

Second, perhaps a dynamic contrast crosshair, as in some situations the current crosshair can be hard to see. Perhaps also adding different crosshair styles, or perhaps dynamic crosshair that changes based on weapon type?

Now on to general connectivity and ease of use. Various people may be having issues connecting to public lobbies when these lobbies are being rushed rapidly, say for high value alerts. Perhaps a way for users so inclined to specifically host a game for others without having to invite a person to the lobby from friends first would both help alleviate these issues and possibly allow those with more stable or fast connections to do a service by their fellow players and specifically host more lag-free and trouble-free games.

I'm loving this game, but when a high value alert pops up and it takes up to 30 tries just to connect to someone, to then only lag horribly due to the host's loaded connection, is frustrating.

Thank you for making such a grand game, DE, and I hope some of these things can be addressed.