Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Bug

kyralos

Hello

I have some problems since the update 5.3, yesterday (01/12/2013), the game crashes when I entered into loading a mission.

Today I could play, but my shield ability as decrease of 90%. I know that the update has reduced the capacity of mods shield (which is a good thing!).

But I think fall to approximately 3900 to 414 shield, is a bug.

I try to remove all mods and shield them back, but nothing has changed.

Hello

I have some problems since the update 5.3, yesterday (01/12/2013), the game crashes when I entered into loading a mission.

Today I could play, but my shield ability as decrease of 90%. I know that the update has reduced the capacity of mods shield (which is a good thing!).

But I think fall to approximately 3900 to 414 shield, is a bug.

I try to remove all mods and shield them back, but nothing has changed.

not a bug. developers have reduced the capacity to shield

To clarify, shield mods have been changed from a % bonus to a flat addition. So for instance if you had a mod that added +50% before, it now only adds +50 points.

The thing is, prior to this patch, the shield bonuses stacked up oddly due to the order of the calculation, which is why your shields got so high.

I'm assuming the Rhino caps out at about 200-250 with all upgrades, so you're still getting a pretty decent bonus from all those shield mods. I'm rolling with mid 300s shields on a Loki, myself, along with a pair of shield recharge mods that can quickly bring them back to full capacity if I'm not being shot at. Much more effective than raw shield power.

I have 330 on my Excal, was around 300 after the patch but changed a couple mods and found a couple more.

Truth is the game was really stupid with 10k shields and it was obviously unintended. I think getting above like 500 is also probably not intended, but whatever.

yep, I really agree scores shield was too high. I was happy when I read the patchnote, but I was expecting a 50 to 66%, not 90%.

I play today, solo on pluto-Hades, with the following configuration: Excalibur Prime (30), Gorgon (30), Cronus (30), a Shield 347, Shield recharge +153, melee damage +145 .

I successfull assassinated the target.

But the gameplay of the game has fundamentally changed, a small group of enemies can kill me in less than five seconds, close combat is banned for me.

I was forced rhythm between attack and escape, and wait for the arrival of enemies in small rooms.

To defeat Arn Etina, I was obliged to run from room to room, blocking his line of sight, because his attacks could make me lose up to 300 shield, not more fight dance with it, just run, hit, hide, run, hit, hide, etc ...

I die one time, a large group of ennemies kill me during a Slash Dash, i was full life when a launch it, and die at the end.

It globally, the game required a large reduction in capacity shield. But now, in the last mission, the pace of the game becomes much less nervous and forces used tricks to survive.

Soo... it's better now? You can't facetank swarms of enemies like before. I prefer this style of gameplay even for group play... this makes people actually work together and move as a team instead of 4 rambos just running through everything without a care in the world.