Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Ideas from a Newbie!

Arkfall

Hello everyone! I thought I would share a few of my thoughts on the game now that I have had a few days to play it.

1- Give us a chance to find our Setting/Options before handing us a gun and telling us to shoot things.

When you just start up the game for the first time, The default setting are most likely not going to be anywhere you need them to be, ranging from sensitivity to key binds. My suggestion on how to fix this is to give people a prompt during the intro to adjust the options before getting into any combat.

2 - Explain how the game's Rank system works a little better.

While working my way though Mercury the first time, I ran into a fellow that was "Stuck at 500! ARGH!” After puzzling out what exactly he meant, and trying my damnest to find how to chat, this left me pondering how you actually "Ranked Up". After some more time pasted, I noticed the little box in the lower left corner that pops up at the VERY start of a run. It was long afterwards I realized that the skill challenge was HOW you ranked up.

There needs to be a way to pull up what the Challenge is, and your progress on it, my suggestion is tie it to the "View Players" thing. Could change it to a Mission Overview, shows you how you’re doing on the mission, how has what Data mass'/Artifacts/Prisoners Etc., and what the Challenge is, and how far along you are on it, and how much Rank Xp it grants.

3 - Ok, I get it, Spaceships.

I'm sure this has come up more that anyone cares to hear about it, but... The inside of the space ship starts to get old... The Infested Touch was nice, but would EVERY SINGLE SHIP IN THE BLOODY SOL SYSTEM look exactly the same on the inside?! Right down to the Hacking Codes and machinery!? Or are you telling me that Wal-Mart still exist and now sells discount Starships to anyone willing to spend the time to buy one?! Planet-side missions, Space Stations, HELL! You could even start on one ship, Wreck it, Board another one that is firing on the one you’re on in a desperate attempt to Kill us Tennos, Only to get it Hijacked for the cause and Lotus (who ever the hell THAT is..) has a new cruiser to command! We could even get like Bases on planets and stuff to defend from invasions and stuff like that!

4 - Loot, Credits, Rewards, and Locker humping?

Why is it, that Credits are not gathered into a pool and split up at the end of the mission? Now I understand that some times, right at the VERY end some guy loads in and you'd end up splitting your hard work, but I'm sure we can find SOME way to work around that! Mods, Kind of the same deal. Why not just have the Mod get looted once, and everyone at the end of the map get "their" mod? This also applies to material drops and other such things.

5 - Rifle, Guns, Swords Oh my!

I love the art style in this game; it is one of the best in years! But please! Keep it going! We need Hammers for Rhinos, Flamethrowers for Embers, Great swords for Excalibur’s, Cattle prod for Volts, and so much more! Triple Barreled Sniper Rifle. Sure it only got 1 shot per clip, but it only NEEDS one! MUawhahahah!!! And... For the love of god, PLEASE give us a Warframe Version of a BFG... A REALLY Nasty BFG!

6 - Training/Testing Room

So the White Room you do the Intro/Rank missions in... Could we get access to that as a Training/Testing Room? A room where it won’t hurt or harm our scores and %s? You could even set it up to give you a target gallery of all the mob "types" you have killed, adding more as you go. (I'd really like a change to figure out WHERE exactly to aim to get headshots and stuff with some of these guys!)

7 - Last but not least, More Story!

One of the things that have me wondering a LOT is about the war, the Infested, and the general story about the game! I would love it if we could get SOMETHING that would help us Tenno start to piece together what happened in the days of Yore, why we are all asleep in pods, who is this Lotus, and why does she rub me the wrong way?

Well, this is just some of the things on my mind after playing the game for a week! Thank you all who take the time to read it all, and I look forward to seeing you all out on the Solar Rails!

I'm definitely liking the idea of more weapons for the different warframes! Having exclusive types for each would also be a bonus! Kind of an additive incentive for all that time and money put into getting a new warframe and what not.

The training and testing room is also another one I strongly agree with. If not that, then maybe a way you could demonstrate the weapon in your arsenal. Maybe example videos in the weapon previews as well when you're in shop. It'd be great to know about what you're buying before you actually get it and regret it!

2. I didn't know that. o.o

3. & 7. I think both are just gonig to come in time

4. If I am correct credits are shared, but things like resources aren't

5. I agree, this game has an open enough art style that it can do some good weapon viarity, just try to keep it somewhat in the relm of sane.

6. I'd really like something like this just to play around with the parkor elements of the game.

And i would also like that the Melee System gets extended a bit. Just hammering one button over and over if you want to play a more melee oriented style is kind of boring.

We could use "q" and "e" for that. "e" is the standard fast strike while "q" is a heavier strike. Combine the strikes for some good old combo moves and melee combat would be much more enjoyable. Inventory can be relocated to "c"

Or you could even use the mouse wheel for 2 addtional types of Strikes like Chivalry does.

Edited by Vendare

2. I didn't know that. o.o

4. If I am correct credits are shared, but things like resources aren't

Glad I could help out with #2 :D

Credits for Kills are shared, but not the ones you pick up from Lockers, Containers, and random mob drops.

And i would also like that the Melee System gets extended a bit. Just hammering one button over and over if you want to play a more melee oriented style is kind of boring.

I agree! It would be great to see the melee aspects expaneded, although I wouldn't think a change that involed would happend soon. More then likely, it would require either a change in how the Melee weapon fuctions as a whole, or it would have to become a "Non-readied" weapon, like your Sidearm when your not using it.

Edited by Arkfall