The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Are Non-Cb Players Expected To Max 10 Level Mods?

Zyphre

I didn't play in the closed Beta. The highest Mod i have is rank 8 Redirection and im not planning to get that to rank 9 anytime soon.

it is not so much the money that is the problem, but the Fusion cores. Rare ones are REALLY rare. In the last 100 hours /played i found maybe 1 rare 5 Fusion core.

But i don't think the System needs a change. Getting a Rank 10 Mod should be a long term goal, not something you can achieve in a week.

It is also not needed to have a Rank 10 Mod, Rank 6-8 are fine and not that hard to get.

The diminishing returns on fusion is ridiculous at the upper levels, and does need an adjustment.  I find my self running out of mods, and cash very quick.  The way the cash system is now, and the mod drop rates on defenses makes up for this a bit...but it still needs some adjustments so we can finally finish adjusting our favorite weapon we keep on while leveling other low level ones so we don't die. 

We have to level frames and weapons to bring our mastery level up, and we use a ton of mods on a lot of different weapons too....so adjusting this will make it much more possible to gear for battling different type of MoBs as well.

Instead of putting same mods in different weapons, just use a single mod of each type and push it as high as you want rank wise? What is better 1 mod Serration (rifle damage) at 100% damage, or 2 mods Serration each at 60%?

Personally, I think credits are ok as they are currently, fusion cores are not. I almost exclusively get common 3 fusion cores that basically don't move the bar anymore for my serration mod anymore. I don't want them for free, but I would certainly like a choice to opt for fusion cores as a reward for high level defense missions (as in: add a button to convert the special card you would have gotten to a fusion core of the same rarity after a certain level in defense missions).

Wouldn't a better question be: Do players need to reach rank 10 on these mods in order to win?

The answer is obviously no. Even if you can only rank it up halfway, you are still getting plenty of strength that will allow you to handle almost any enemy the current game has setup.

It will of course take time to get to rank 10, and that can be tweaked over time, but that will give players a goal when enemies become more varied and difficult.

I think redirection rank 9 was about 200k credits and two pages of fusion cores (and I started from the worst rated, so it wasn' t the rarest cores). That's not all that much in the long run, you can eventually max all of your mods.

Wouldn't a better question be: Do players need to reach rank 10 on these mods in order to win?

I haven't played for that long, and I haven't used fusion cores except to max out Ultimates that I couldn't get dups for, and I already have >200% bonus to health and shields.  I feel like the answer to that is an easy "nope."

Well I have one thing to say to this.

When the new mod system was released, it costed TOO much. I know several fellow players who burned away credits just to bring their default warframes to speed. Now its sorta fixed.

So the only indication I get from this is that they WANTED CBTs to spend and become poor, to bring them to the level of open beta players. Though recent update gave us some fusion cores, which was nice.

The only way to fix this is additive mod stacking. Fine go ahead and down vote me, but this is the only way. Let me explain how:

suppose I have a serration upto 10. Now to take it to 14, its going to cost a S#&$-ton. But if I put a lvl10 serration with a lvl4 one, its gonna be the same, and I'll be saved from burning up my credits just to reach 14.

Of course they won't allow stacking, they don't want us to be OP.

I've played this game almost 200 hundred hours.  What content exactly are you doing that you need rank 10 redirection for?  Have I missed something?

We constantly get threads about how this game is much too easy.  Now people are complaining they need rank 10 shields and health? Really?

If you have an anxiety/control disorder that requires you to min/max everything in a short period of time, that's a personal problem.

When the new mod system was released, it costed TOO much. I know several fellow players who burned away credits just to bring their default warframes to speed. Now its sorta fixed.

So the only indication I get from this is that they WANTED CBTs to spend and become poor, to bring them to the level of open beta players. Though recent update gave us some fusion cores, which was nice.

The only way to fix this is additive mod stacking. Fine go ahead and down vote me, but this is the only way. Let me explain how:

suppose I have a serration upto 10. Now to take it to 14, its going to cost a S#&$-ton. But if I put a lvl10 serration with a lvl4 one, its gonna be the same, and I'll be saved from burning up my credits just to reach 14.

Though the developers have expressed that the point of the game was not to have millions of credits, like many had pre-update 7, the fusion prices that were immediately shipped were stated to be broken and incorrect multiple times by the developer staff. People got hasty and spent credits because they thought it was the way things were going to be, and they probably should have waited. Oh well, it happens.

The conspiracy theory isn't necessary.

Using duplicates to advance ranks costs 2^(current rank), yes?  1+2+4+8=15 cards, plus the original one to make 16 total to get rank 4.  Or, with your system, take 8 cards and pair them up to make four rank 1s, then pair the 1s off to make two 2s, then pair the 2s to make a 4.

You've just described a system that's orders of magnitude cheaper/easier BUT ALSO punishes people who don't have a firm grasp on doing math with exponents in your head.

Ah. Plenty of people who started with the Steam release have maxed mods. Wambulance does, for example, the twitch streamer.

When the steam release started it was still possible to get a good amount of "rare 5" fusion mods (I also have some from farming defense maps), but after the patch, which lowered the drop chances, they are practically non-existent.

Well, it is their bread and butter playerbase that suffers the most from this. You know, the players with jobs that buy platinum, that can't spend a silly amount of hours a day to farm/play. Rank 10 mods WILL be vital when they implement new solar systems, and more importantly Clan related stuff regarding fighting for territory (if it happens). I agree that rank 10 mods aren't really necessary atm, but they will be, as you can sure bet that there will be much much tougher opponents soon. But as it stands, people that can only dedicate maybe 2-3 hours play a few days a week don't stand a chance. And those are the people that pay so the majority can enjoy this game for free.

There has already been mention of 'prestiging' (hate the term) frames and weapons so that you can add/convert polarity slots, so we will eventually be able to carry a lot of maxed mods. Maybe they'll add something like super reactors that drop from from super tough enemies that aren't in game yet, who knows. But something needs doing.

Before anyone jumps in about maxing out in 10hrs/1 week etc, I agree that would be nuts, but atm it will take a rediculous amount of time unless you are unemployed or a no-lifer.

I don't think I know a single person from CB who has gotten that high. However, it's not like you even need to.

It wasn't really worth it, to be honest.

iKuZiEi.jpg

Really wish Rifle mods were on the same level as pistol mods.

9kXelq6.png

Edited by Soulie

The mod leveling system reminds me so much of the soul level system in demons/dark souls.

You can level from 1 - 712 (i think). The vast majority of the community has found level ~120 to to be the most optimal distribution of stats when taking into consideration diminishing returns and player customization. For the hardcore or completionist it is a long, long way to max level and you gain little power for doing it, but you can.

Mods are the exact same way. There is no reason to go to rank 10, but you can if you want.

It seems fair to me. It is entirely possible to hit the optimal mod level when taking into account diminishing returns without a ridiculous amount work, and that is where the balance lies. If you want to take things further, then by all means have at it!