Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Sliding Attack's Damage A Fixed Multiplier Of A Weapon's Base Damage?

Xuande

Question

I know that the sliding spin attack is entirely melee damage (rather than charge damage) and that it is stronger than single strikes with a weapon. However, is it right to assume that the damage from this move is a fixed multiplier of the weapon's base damage? Or, instead, are there certain weapons that have relatively stronger slide attacks than other weapons, despite having lower base damage? 

8 answers to this question

Its not fixed. These are the only things I have tested, so I don't have many numbers:

vs Moas:

Ceramic Dagger - 75 damage (25 base, 100% armor piercing damage, so x3 damage)

Dual Ether - 150 damage (30 base, 100% true damage, so x5 damage)

vs Grineer Lancer

Dual Ether - 50 damage (30 base, 100% true damage, so x1.66 damage)

vs Charger

Dual Ether - 351 damage (30 base, 100% true damage, x3 vs infested, so x3.9)

The really weird numbers have me thinking that Dual Ether deal normal damage on slide attacks, instead of true damage. I just don't worry about the numbers and trust that slide attacks kick &#!.

Its not fixed. These are the only things I have tested, so I don't have many numbers:

vs Moas:

vs Grineer Lancer

vs Charger

The really weird numbers have me thinking that Dual Ether deal normal damage on slide attacks, instead of true damage. I just don't worry about the numbers and trust that slide attacks kick &#!.

The true quieston if slide attacks benefist from preassure point.

vs Moas:

vs Grineer Lancer

vs Charger

Hah, the reason I made this thread is because I've begun using my Dual Ethers exclusively for slide attacks, and finding myself impressed with how effective it is.

If there is a big variation in how weapons deal slide attack damage, this might mean that certain weapons previously thought to be useless (maybe the Pangolin Sword or the Jaw Sword) might actually be rather useful. 

With your experimenting, have you found a weapons with stronger slide attacks than the Dual Ether?

I have no problem 1 shoting grineer regular mobs with slide attack from Dual Ether Swords, up to lvl 50. After that they stay alive at ~10% hp (higher if the level goes past 60 obviously).

Edited by Anelyn

I've noticed that with my Dual Ether Swords if I don't aim my slide correctly even mid lvl Grineer regular mobs will sometimes survive at ~10% hp, so I think that the Dual Ether Swords' slide attack may hit with both the dagger and with the sword in the one animation.