The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire Buff.

mynameisd

My first impression was that i was going to go on a poison killing spree (i wanted to combine it with Saryns' dots:) 

but i was very disappointed with the extra little 4 or 8 that flies off the enemy with every swing, it felt..... unfulfilling.

Especially considering the damage reduction on Ancients and Corpus as well as lack of any CC.

The damage should tick away for a more extended period of time like a proper poison.

That way, one might do hit and run tactics against an infested ancient or napalm grineer, letting poison damage soften their health up over time. 

Right now, nothing makes it that unique from the alternatives and the way the damage works just isn't attractive.

Re-Design:

it looks like a huge flat piece of bacon roadkill on a stick (thanks, WildMan xD)

Mire should feel ALIVE, like it hungers for blood. *KHORNE!!*

Imagine organic animations like the Infestation growth on maps.

Spreading out spores with each attack FTW! :D

A huge eye that blinks would be pimp too haha.

growling noises/whispers(Infested sounds)

Stats&mechanics:

Base Damage 35.0+8 poison damage

Base Charge Damage 75.0+16 poison damage

Base Charge Speed 1.5

40-60% of poison damage is dealt over 4-6 seconds. (posions are usually DOT?)

the DOT should be stackable and or refresh the duration with each consecutive attack.

poison damage could also scale with % of base damage instead? that would justify upgrading it, so it benefits from mods like increased damage, critical chance and increased critical damage. Though it might be a little op unless its multiplicative.

Let me know what you think. thx :D 

If screens with are needed i can add some later!

credit goes to: 

WildMan.

Edited by mynameisd

I agree with at least one of your points. The extra little 4 or 8 that flies off the enemy with every swing feels..... unfulfilling. I want to see damage tick away for a more extended period of time. That way, I might do hit and run tactics against an infested ancient or napalm grineer, letting poison damage soften their health up over time. That's what I even GOT the mire sword for. Right now, the way the damage works just isn't attractive.

I'd also like to see the sword be just a little thicker. Not wider or longer, but thicker back to front. It looks too much like flattened roadkill right now. I know it's supposed to be hideous, but right now I think it's a little too hideous in the wrong ways.

I agree with at least one of your points. The extra little 4 or 8 that flies off the enemy with every swing feels..... unfulfilling. I want to see damage tick away for a more extended period of time. That way, I might do hit and run tactics against an infested ancient or napalm grineer, letting poison damage soften their health up over time. That's what I even GOT the mire sword for. Right now, the way the damage works just isn't attractive.

I'd also like to see the sword be just a little thicker. Not wider or longer, but thicker back to front. It looks too much like flattened roadkill right now. I know it's supposed to be hideous, but right now I think it's a little too hideous in the wrong ways.

I'm glad you agree, that was my first impression too (i wanted to combine it with Saryns' dots:)

They should probably make an upgrade-able "heavy" variant  for this sword in the same league as Fragor and Scindo.

Larger size, more damage, slower charge rate. It would also be nice if the sword had organic animations like the Infested growth on maps.

Spreading out spores with each attack FTW! :D A huge eye would be pimp too haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah if the Mire needs anything it's a hitbox fix...BADLY!

As for the poison they should either keep it flat and give it an overtime component or give it % based scaling with the weapon damage. I personally would prefer the second, to better synergize with contagion. On the other hand a mix could be possible, Say have the melee/heavy charge scale at a % and have the jump slam add a flat dot to enemies. You have to think though...It has great base damage, attack speed and a very high crit rate. Aside from the theme, stats-wise this sword was batting 1,000 out of the gate. They would probably have to hit it's stat base to give us any of these requests.

Edited by Kobalt

This does portray an underlying problem with pressure point, though. Pressure point should cap out at 90%, but instead caps out at 42%. Even with max Fury.... the damage is very limited. This limitation is imposed upon all melee-reliant weapons such as the mire. The mire's initial damage should scale as previously mentioned, and include a DoT effect, but as it stands right now, crit chance and melee damage mods could both use a buff. The mire would be fine as is if those two things changed.

Edited by Vaskadar

Truth be told, a fatter Mire would kill people who's just looking at it. And it would be a good thing.

However, a fatter Mire needs it's attack speed lowered down to fit it's "huge" design, making it a slow but deadly longsword. At the very least, let's just hope they don't fatten it up then move it to the Heavy Weapon class.