Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Involved Storyline?

simeo77

When I started the game in Mercury I was drawn into the storyline.... The Tenno reawaking into this war. Grineer troops trying to take over, etc etc.... then I realized that's about as far as it goes. There is no on going storyline and the game is just about running around shooting the enemy I choose.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game! My wife seems to tolerate me playing it well enough and I've gotten pretty deep into it already. I just wish there was..... more story.

Anybody see what I'm getting at or am I just shooting in the dark here?

Yeha after completing the original star system, I found most of the tidbits given by lotus or the bosses didn't really mean anything.

Right? I used to actually think when the Lotus was warning me of something..... something was going to happen.

When I started the game in Mercury I was drawn into the storyline.... The Tenno reawaking into this war. Grineer troops trying to take over, etc etc.... then I realized that's about as far as it goes. There is no on going storyline and the game is just about running around shooting the enemy I choose.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game! My wife seems to tolerate me playing it well enough and I've gotten pretty deep into it already. I just wish there was..... more story.

Anybody see what I'm getting at or am I just shooting in the dark here?

Yes, the game has a terrible lack of story at this stage. However, I've heard tell that the devs are working on that. Including some sort of territory control mechanic that should lend the game some much needed structure.

Yes, the game has a terrible lack of story at this stage. However, I've heard tell that the devs are working on that. Including some sort of territory control mechanic that should lend the game some much needed structure.

I really hope so. I feel this is the strongest point the game is lacking in to make it "complete" and to keep people involved.

I just wish there was..... more story.

You should take a few hours to http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWarframe?feature=watch'>watch the Livestreams, or at least listen to #1 and #3 while you're playing.  The devs want more lore, lore is coming (you'll probably see a bunch of it in Update 8, when the Tenno clans get their dojo), but their primary focus is a game that's fun and challenging, the story of the Tenno is a secondary or even tertiary concern.