The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm A Ninja, Why Can't I Return Grenades?

IronSight

Preferably with the broad side of my Gram. The first time I held one, I thought to myself, IronSight, this would make an ideal cricket bat. The Grineer give plenty of signs when setting up to bowl which gives me plenty of time to switch to charged melee and when I turn to face them, often enough, their girlish lob is ideally placed for a nurdle. I'll admit, it is just a bit long, but if you swapped one in, I doubt anyone would cry foul except maybe the keeper and he'll be just a hair busy trying to keep from being decapitated. I mean who is going to argue with a man wielding a 1.5 meter flaming, electrified, plasma sword?

Before you start on that ninjas don't play cricket, let me refer to you the Japanese, the original (?) ninjas. As two time champions of the world baseball classic, I assure you they are quite familiar with knocking balls around with sticks.

All I ask is to hear that thrum of plasmic power followed by the arcing blue ionic flash of a Grineer grenade going off in their midst.

</silliness>

Have you tried pressing block?  (Serious question, I haven't)

Block currently does NOTHING. We need more uses for block. Parrying melee, batting Rollers, reflecting grenades, etc. Also, does anyone else find the grenades a little too hard to see? I mean, they don't have glowing lights on them, they don't have a trail, they don't make a sound other than that tiny fizzle when it touches a surface and explodes in half a second. I'd like something along the lines of Half Life 2 grenades.

They'd have to revamp grenades if this is gonna be any practical. Grenades right now are nigh invisible, pretty much the only warning you get is a random mook that you might not even notice, playing the throwing animation. Also, you might want to lengthen the fuse so it generally detonates after landing, currently most grenades explode in the air, and trying to bat/catch them would probably just result in the thing blowing up in your face.

And maybe also increase the throw rate so Cakes doesn't have to wait too long :P

So let's look at this from all angles.

Instead of shooting the guy who MIGHT at a point in his lifespawn, lob a grenade at you, you're sitting there in open waiting for him to throw the nade, while his 20 buddies fill you with bullets. Ummm... okay?

So let's look at this from all angles.

Instead of shooting the guy who MIGHT at a point in his lifespawn, lob a grenade at you, you're sitting there in open waiting for him to throw the nade, while his 20 buddies fill you with bullets. Ummm... okay?

Hell yeah I am. I'm a ninja, not Jim Faceshootington.

If you insist on the ninja thing.

Do you know what Nin-jutsu means yes? Do you know for what Ninja's were feared / famed yes? Not for what you saw in the american ninja movies.

You never saw them coming. There was no fighting. Target eliminated / extracted or Artifact recovered without anyone knowing / seeing anything. That's in few words what NInja's were about.

Sitting there with your Gram waiting to hit that grenade while a platoon of grineers fills you with bullets doesn't make you a Ninja. A soon to be extinct baseball playa maybe :)

Preferably with the broad side of my Gram. The first time I held one, I thought to myself, IronSight, this would make an ideal cricket bat. The Grineer give plenty of signs when setting up to bowl which gives me plenty of time to switch to charged melee and when I turn to face them, often enough, their girlish lob is ideally placed for a nurdle. I'll admit, it is just a bit long, but if you swapped one in, I doubt anyone would cry foul except maybe the keeper and he'll be just a hair busy trying to keep from being decapitated. I mean who is going to argue with a man wielding a 1.5 meter flaming, electrified, plasma sword?

Before you start on that ninjas don't play cricket, let me refer to you the Japanese, the original (?) ninjas. As two time champions of the world baseball classic, I assure you they are quite familiar with knocking balls around with sticks.

All I ask is to hear that thrum of plasmic power followed by the arcing blue ionic flash of a Grineer grenade going off in their midst.

If they add unique quirks like this to each melee weapon archetype this game would just get so much more awesome.

Grenades are stickies. Contact is not recommended after thrown.

Unless we can have an anime-like quick slice with melee weapon that destroy the fuse of the grenade/slash it in two halves that explode epicly behind our back, nah, just run from it.

Edited by RainDreamer