Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Not Shooting All Of It's Rounds?

Wuppa

Question

I've been having a problem with my Hek. Whenever i shoot something it only rolls off 1 number of dmg. Sometimes when i shoot a Heavy Grineer then it'll have it's scatter affect but other than those it's only 1 number and the electric dmg number rolling off the add. This makes it seem it like only shoots 1 bullet even though I'm supposed to be shooting more.

5 answers to this question

I have the same problem. I cleary see I do more damage, becouse I one shot mobs, but in the end result I dealt like 10% damage of the party... :D That's just silly with a potatoed level 30 HEK. But I only noticed this in online game (maybe when the host is not me). So I guess the game is not registering thoose shots, but they are still deal damage.

If you are not host or soloing you will not see all the damage numbers, but the damage is still there.

I don't think so because when it does show all the pellet damage I can one shot the mob, but when it reverts back to the 1 or 2 dmgs it takes another shot.

I don't think so because when it does show all the pellet damage I can one shot the mob, but when it reverts back to the 1 or 2 dmgs it takes another shot.

I can back up what he's said, though I haven't done much dedicated data-gathering.  But what he says matches the impression my friends and I have been left with after a collective 400ish hours using shotguns.  I suppose it is possible that being off-host can shave a few percents off your damage if you're using a pellet weapon, but based on admittedly anecdotal evidence I really doubt it.

One thing to watch out for, though, is that using a shotgun off-host guarantees you a bad showing at the score screen.  At the end of the game, the client reports only the numbers you saw pop up--even if you clearly did more damage than was reported.  So you'll often be at 5-10% of damage done and feel a little embarrassed.  Even if you way pulled your weight in kills.  Try being a Saryn (ult doesn't report kills) using a shotgun and you'll superficially look like the worst leecher ever.