Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 Crashing Not Game But Computer

ZhuSqr

Question

Hello,

I would like to start off with, i love the update it worked fine for the past day and allowed me to do some cool things. I am not sure if the hotfix last night was something to due with my issues. I am able to play Borderlands Pre-Seq, Dota, misc other games. I run warframe ultra high res. and play in windowde mode to decline the issues of crashing. But lately as of today i have gotten 4 crashes on my pc from warframe being up, i am currently updating my drivers and trying to resolve my issue. I hope i am not the only one getting this issue.

Thank you, appriciate any help

If Windows is crashing, show us your dump logs.

C:\Windows\Minidump\

Find the most recent 3 files or so, copy them onto your desktop (do not skip this even though it seems dumb), then upload the copies (seriously don't try to upload the originals) onto a file host like http://www.filedropper.com/ or Mediafire or whatever you prefer, and link us.

If Windows is crashing, show us your dump logs.

C:\Windows\Minidump\

Find the most recent 3 files or so, copy them onto your desktop (do not skip this even though it seems dumb), then upload the copies (seriously don't try to upload the originals) onto a file host like http://www.filedropper.com/ or Mediafire or whatever you prefer, and link us.

I will try that tommorow this might be a growing issue if left alone Edited by zuez517

well what happens is i click on my warframe tab then let it do its thing i hit play and once it hits the load up screen it blue screens me sayin windows was shut down to protect the computer and to restart. since then i tried the optimize feature and let it do its thing this time i finally got to my ship but to get into a mission is brief starting with textures problems like bright yellow or my frame keeps moving forward even when i dont want him to the freezes then gone

well what happens is i click on my warframe tab then let it do its thing i hit play and once it hits the load up screen it blue screens me sayin windows was shut down to protect the computer and to restart. since then i tried the optimize feature and let it do its thing this time i finally got to my ship but to get into a mission is brief starting with textures problems like bright yellow or my frame keeps moving forward even when i dont want him to the freezes then gone

If your computer is bluescreening but not saving dump logs then it might not be set to save them when it should.

1 - In the start menu type Advanced System, the option given should be "Advanced System Settings", hit enter.

2 - In the new window that comes up, hit the third "Settings..." button, under "Startup And Recovery".

3 - Change the settings in red to match this.

dump_settings.png

4 - Next time your computer crashes you should get a new dump log in the minidump folder.

5 - In Filedropper's site, click the green "Upload File" text, then find and double-click the dump file and tell it to upload.  When it's done copy the link it gives you and paste it here.

is that what it means grr it shouldnt be im running a nvidia geforce 610 gt on windows xp 32 bit with a 4 gig ram

WinXP 32-bit is particularly buggy in WF currently, Win7 32-bit is now stable-ish again so expect XP to be fixed soon. The trouble here is that all the VRAM is being used and then some, in XP in particular this is bad as the VRAM is basically duplicated onto your physical RAM. EG you install 4GB RAM and your card has 1GB VRAM. Not only does VRAM count in the maximum address amount bringing system ram down to 3GB it is then duplicated on physical RAM bringing system RAM to 2GB. End result is little RAM and a lot of work on the GPU that can easily overheat it.

Best to just wait on fixes for now.

Experiencing the same issue. 

DE pls

If your computer is BSoDing, grab the dump logs and put them online for somebody to check out.

WinXP 32-bit is particularly buggy in WF currently, Win7 32-bit is now stable-ish again so expect XP to be fixed soon. The trouble here is that all the VRAM is being used and then some, in XP in particular this is bad as the VRAM is basically duplicated onto your physical RAM. EG you install 4GB RAM and your card has 1GB VRAM. Not only does VRAM count in the maximum address amount bringing system ram down to 3GB it is then duplicated on physical RAM bringing system RAM to 2GB. End result is little RAM and a lot of work on the GPU that can easily overheat it.

Best to just wait on fixes for now.

Their crashing issue is not related to RAM usage directly, it's the video driver crashing.

My computer hardlocks during the loading screen since yesterday's patch.

I'll check to update the video drivers and if it doesn't work I'll show you guys the log file.

Cheers

If it's just locking up, play in windowed mode and see if it's just Warframe doing it, or if it's your computer entirely.

I do have the lastest driver updates so far so i dont think its that it seems i just need to wait it out I also optimized and verified the updaye too

What exactly is happening for you?

well i can now get to a mission mostly but then i get texture issues where lotus and other numerous items are bright yellow or my whole screen will go bright yellow. once in awhile it will just freeze and do nothing at all. i dont know just a bunch of stuff that has nvr happened before i think its just a matter of waiting for an update of this size to smooth out i think

How did you reinstall the driver, exactly?

well the first time i went to a random site cnet i think. Then after thinking about what you said about it could be  buggy i went  back to invidia and tried with them again this time i had success and i did that this morning got on tonight and i made it to my ship went to see if i could finally do the orkin artifact mission on venus and while it was loading it froze and the screen turned yellow and crashed on me (war-349228) but its also taking forever to load well not like it did this morning it took 19 minutes to get loaded and to my ship on the other hand my computer is also having issues besides warframe which will all be fixed tomorrow

yea ive done the verify and the optimize too one thing i forgot to mention to which is weird is that it want to minimize my screen for some reason and i dont know why if i try to expand it out it freezes and crashes if i try full screen it says that out of virtual memory or something before it would always load up to a maximized screen my war number today is war-350066 

oh how do i do screen shots????